Unknown Ghost's First Indoor LED Grow - Purple Afghani & Lemon Skunk

Unknown Ghost

420 Member
Using 5 Purple Afghani (10-12 Weeks) and 3 Lemon Skunk (8-10 Week) fem beans from MSNL. I soaked the seeds in a weak solution of filtered water w/Humic Acid and Liquid Kelp for 24 hours until visible tap root, then planted in Solo cups using Coco Coir (I think my soil mix is too strong for babies). I will transplant into 3 gallon cloth pots (Root Pouch brand). So far 4 have sprouted, hopefully all will pop up!

Soil - 1/3 Happy Frog - 1/3 Ocean Forest - 1/3 botanicare Coco Coir Aeration - 2 Gallons Green Texan Bio-char - 3 heaping Tbs Granulated Lime (per pot) - Extreme Gardening "Mykos" and "Azos" couple TBS per pot. I mixed thoroughly and inoculated the soil with my own compost tea (5 gal water, 30ml Alaska Kelp, 30ml Alaska Fish Emulsion, Large blended Aloe Vera Leaf, 30ml Humic Acid, 20ml Botanicare Fulvex, 60ml Molasses, 1 Cup worm castings, Handful of Happy Frog and Ocean forest). This was brewed for 30 hours with a homemade Airlift Bubbler with 2 additional wimpy aquarium bubblers. The dirt has been sitting for over a month to let bennies multiply (hopefully).

Watering - Right now keeping germinating seeds damp with a very dilute mix of Happy Frog soaked in 2 gallons filtered water, they just need a few tablespoon every other day right now. Hand watering. Run off is collected in square pot elevators square farmer The excess will be vacuumed out with a shop vac and reused.

PH - Usually i just shoot for about 6.2 and haven't had any problems. Got sick of cheap Ph meters dying so started using General Hydroponics Ph drops and the color chart. White Vinegar and Olympus Up used for Ph adjustment.

Lights - 2 King Plus LED 2000 watt Double Chip Lights, right now at 24" above the seedlings, moved it up to 24" one seedling had a tiny bit of leaf burn. Using 18/6 light cycle and will top twice before switching to flower.

Tent - 46x48x80 Ipower

Cooling - 6" Carbon Filter w/ 6" Inline fan, passive intake. Its winter so its easy to keep temps in the 70's, once it warms up i will need a portable A/C. Also have a regular fan blowing in there, but need an oscillating one.

Temperature - usually 77f during the day and 68f at night with around 50% humidity.

Fertilizers - Used Fox Farms Grow Big, Open Sesame, Beastie Bloom and Cha-Ching along with Botanicare CNS17 Grow, Bloom, Ripe for my first outdoor grow last year (all at 1/2 recommended dose) and had really good results. I may just do that again (wont need the CNS 17 Grow or the Grow Big though). I also have the Full line of Nectar for the Gods, just not sure I want to use it yet. In addition the plants will be getting compost tea, aloe and once in flower a sprouted Barley Tea. I will see how I feel but I may just be soaking my own Worm composted soil water and using that. Additional stuff: Buildasoil AGSIL. 16H (powdered Silica).

I have done one previous grow (Outdoor 7 gallon cloth pots/Soil and had a good harvest) I am still very much a noob and I am open to advice from those with more experience.

Using 5 Purple Afghani (10-12 Weeks) and 3 Lemon Skunk (8-10 Week) fem beans from MSNL. I soaked the seeds in a weak solution of filtered water w/Humic Acid and Liquid Kelp for 24 hours until visible tap root, then planted in Solo cups using Coco Coir (I think my soil mix is too strong for babies). I will transplant into 3 gallon cloth pots (Root Pouch brand). So far 4 have sprouted, hopefully all will pop up!

Soil - 1/3 Happy Frog - 1/3 Ocean Forest - 1/3 botanicare Coco Coir Aeration - 2 Gallons Green Texan Bio-char - 3 heaping Tbs Granulated Lime (per pot) - Extreme Gardening "Mykos" and "Azos" couple TBS per pot. I mixed thoroughly and inoculated the soil with my own compost tea (5 gal water, 30ml Alaska Kelp, 30ml Alaska Fish Emulsion, Large blended Aloe Vera Leaf, 30ml Humic Acid, 20ml Botanicare Fulvex, 60ml Molasses, 1 Cup worm castings, Handful of Happy Frog and Ocean forest). This was brewed for 30 hours with a homemade Airlift Bubbler with 2 additional wimpy aquarium bubblers. The dirt has been sitting for over a month to let bennies multiply (hopefully).

Watering - Right now keeping germinating seeds damp with a very dilute mix of Happy Frog soaked in 2 gallons filtered water, they just need a few tablespoon every other day right now. Hand watering. Run off is collected in square pot elevators square farmer The excess will be vacuumed out with a shop vac and reused.

PH - Usually i just shoot for about 6.2 and haven't had any problems. Got sick of cheap Ph meters dying so started using General Hydroponics Ph drops and the color chart. White Vinegar and Olympus Up used for Ph adjustment.

Lights - 2 King Plus LED 2000 watt Double Chip Lights, right now at 24" above the seedlings, moved it up to 24" one seedling had a tiny bit of leaf burn. Using 18/6 light cycle and will top twice before switching to flower.

Tent - 46x48x80 Ipower

Cooling - 6" Carbon Filter w/ 6" Inline fan, passive intake. Its winter so its easy to keep temps in the 70's, once it warms up i will need a portable A/C. Also have a regular fan blowing in there, but need an oscillating one.

Temperature - usually 77f during the day and 68f at night with around 50% humidity.

Fertilizers - Used Fox Farms Grow Big, Open Sesame, Beastie Bloom and Cha-Ching along with Botanicare CNS17 Grow, Bloom, Ripe for my first outdoor grow last year (all at 1/2 recommended dose) and had really good results. I may just do that again (wont need the CNS 17 Grow or the Grow Big though). I also have the Full line of Nectar for the Gods, just not sure I want to use it yet. In addition the plants will be getting compost tea, aloe and once in flower a sprouted Barley Tea. I will see how I feel but I may just be soaking my own Worm composted soil water and using that. Additional stuff: Buildasoil AGSIL. 16H (powdered Silica).

I have done one previous grow (Outdoor 7 gallon cloth pots/Soil and had a good harvest) I am still very much a noob and I am open to advice from those with more experience.
Subbed for the ride there Ghost, I'm a Ghost also lol. You have a nice setup and some nice strains also. I want to try the Lemon Skunk one day, I have a Skunk Diesel going now that I'm about to put in flower and I'm pretty excited to try it. I also use Fox Farm trio and just bought the Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz, and Chaching, i received them by mail yesterday and will be adding to the feed schedule today so hopefully I see some nice results. I just used the FF trio last grow without any PK boosters and got great results. Im looking forward to seeing pics of everything, best of luck to you.✌️

Just a pic from my first outdoor grow earlier this year, until I have something from current grow to show
2017-09-30_16-21-06.JPG

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom