First Grow Attempt!

FishSticks

I hope this is the right section to be posting this in, well anyways here it is.

Im beginning a small grow tomorrow based off of some bagseed I have. I know its not going to turn out to be anything great but I have tasted fresh buds from bag seed and its enough to get me to try and grow my own.

The setup.

I have a small enclosure underneath a work bench.
roughly 2'x3'x3'
2x - CFL - Helical 26w 390mA
1x - CFL - Helical 26w 370mA
4" Fan

Im hoping Im heading in the right direction here. Fairly new here though I fell like I should be going somewhat the right way. I have 6 or so medium size pots and a few bags of potting soil, and aluminum to line the walls.

:joint:

You are on your way in the right direction... If you are thinking of doing six plants plan to add some more CFL's. Instead of using the foil try just painting the walls a flat white.. All and all it looks like you will do ok... Take a look at Boss's poor mans grow it is full of great info for you CFLers..:thedoubletake::cheesygrinsmiley: I think there are a few other grows going on or finishing up that are similar to your specs... Good luck with the grow.. what lighting schedule are you going to be on?

Hi guys, and thank you Moose for moving my thread to the right section!!

Bagseed Grow :joint:
Update #1 : 4-28

I have just mocked up my grow room this afternoon. As you will see in the pictures I have planned to grow 4 plants. I am germing all of the seeds I have at the point in time using the soaking method. I plan to plant as many as 4 of the best sprouts. From there I will grow until they reach the age of sexing, from there I will pull the males and replace with seedlings I will start along the way. I hope to have when all is done 4 female plants.

IMG_0846.jpg
IMG_08431.jpg

Here you can see the mock up of the grow room, the cardboard will be either painted white, or lined with aluminum or some reflective surface as will the ceiling. There is a heavy plastic liner covering the floor and 'saucers' will be placed under the pots.

I plan to use the 12/12 method to hopefully keep these ladies short, with my short overhead. I also plan to try and successfully LST two of them. Hopefully if all goes well with the bagseed, I will obtain better seeds, and grow them.

Please I appreciate all comments! Please tell me if I'm doing something wrong!!

Thanks guys so much!! The ventilation is pretty simple with this one, I hope its adequate. Since this is an outside structure, along the two metallic sides, there are vents that basically go out to the outside, along the floor board. Its kinda hard to tell but they are there. Also I have this little fan that I picked up to give some air movement up top. Hopefully the combination of these two will work out well.

Thanks for all the feedback! Just made some medical rice krispie treats!! :joint:

Looks like a good start, I hope the vents work as well. Grab a thermometer to be sure.

so an update. i went with one plant. and heres how its been since. all copied from a thread in the grow section.

Hey everyone, so heres the first attempt. its been grown outside, with supplemental cfl lighting for those rainy days. recently there has been a bit growth spurt, it maybe due to the extended use of the cfls the other day, as it has been really rainy here. being a first it hasnt received anything besides water and sunshine, hopefully, as it looks, its doing pretty well so far.

IMG_10131.jpg

basically im looking for some help as to adding some nutes to this little one. its grown outside so im not sure if that effect what it should receive. im also thinking it might need to be transplanted, as there might not be enough soil to fully allow a mature root ball. tell me what you think.

IMG_1014.jpg

hopefully soon enough her sex will become clear

ok so i transplanted into a larger pot. was trying to find foxfarm as ive heard its excellent, though it wasnt available and i went with some all organic vegetable soil. preformed the transplant, and only managed to tear one of the leaves, though it is still in tact.

IMG_1019.jpg

lots of new growth just over night, before the transplant.

IMG_10171.jpg

really hard to see the 'hairs' im going to call it undetermined until im for sure that it is a shee.

IMG_10211.jpg

after the transplant 'shee' wasnt doing so well so a bamboo stake was added to help support her. an hour after this photo was taken shee already has perked up almost to her original self. im hoping by this evening shee will look as pretty as before:)

High FishSticks, what's your fertilizer regimen?

Hi Freak! So far I haven't given this little one any nutes. Im not too sure as of what to give it so I went with the safe side. Please let me know what would work well for my indoor/outdoor grow. I supplement in cfl lighting when the sun wont shine.

:peace:

Sorry FishSticks I missed your question before. For soil standard organic nutrients:
What Organic Based Fertilizer Should I Use?

To simplify it you can go with fish emulsion, seaweed extract, and a bloom booster like Alaska MorBloom. All should be readily available at your garden center.

is your grow still coming along fishsticks?
if so, please update us with some pictures and info...
i am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates...

thanks and hope all is well in your world brother!...;)

Back
Top Bottom