Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A week to week look at the life of 3 Dieselryders

Fallen Cannabis Warrior Medical Marijuana's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Re: "A week to week look at the life of 3 Dieselryders"

Fridge is better than freezer. Film cannisters work well. Pick the healthiest, fastest flowering male for your breeding.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin Moose View Post
    Fridge is better than freezer. Film cannisters work well. Pick the healthiest, fastest flowering male for your breeding.
    Thats just the thing...all of them have about the same vigor as far as health and fast growing goes. would it even be worth keeping and collecting from all 3? keeping the pollen separated in different containers of coarse, as to have an even fatter supply of pollen for future grows? Especially since they are all almost identical in their vigor? Thats why I'm having a hard time in choosing between these 3. I guess I could just look for the one thats starts spitting out pollen first and just scrap the other 2...Hmmm...Decisions...decisions I tell you what I'll do,...Tomorrow I will take pics of all 3 to show you what I'm dealing with before giving any of them the chop, ok? I tell ya...they sure have stretched out since I put them outside, for some reason.

Fallen Cannabis Warrior Medical Marijuana's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Toss a coin if they are all the same lol. Or, you could go ahead and have a menage a`trois.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've been thinkin'...lol, "oh shit"...he's thinkin' again,lol...but, it would seem that; more collected pollen=more chances of breeding=more beans, right? so why not keep them all as potential breeders? I can't think of a reason not to just name them as 1-2-& 3 and label the collection containers the same way and even get a pic of them with their numbers as to have a reference point. The only thing, is that they all seem to have the same growth rate with not much distinguishable variations, so I'm kinda wondering why I wouldn't want to put the pollen from all three in the same container? It seems that any of these would make a good donor for some killer Dieselryder beans. Btw...changing the subject, I got 4=AK47's & 3=Hawaii Maui Waui's started yesterday for some summer time, green house fun. So I'll be doing some more grow journal's on them if and when I see a female or two. I would be happy with a breeding pair of either one of those. And from what I've read about HMW, they are really for skilled growers, so it will be a good test of my growing abilities...Of coarse, I will be picking the shit out of all of your brains the whole way through, I'm sure,lol . I have heard about Maui Waui my whole life, but I've never had a chance to smoke any, so this ought to be a real treat if I can pull it off with a couple of good budding fem's. If I know you Moose, I'm sure you've grown them before so, any advice would be most welcome.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am just harvesting some beans from the LR2 I have had jarred. I am getting around 6 beans per bud. If you do them all, your harvest of beans will be tremendous and your harvest of cannabis will be greatly disappointing.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Herb Fellow View Post
    I am just harvesting some beans from the LR2 I have had jarred. I am getting around 6 beans per bud. If you do them all, your harvest of beans will be tremendous and your harvest of cannabis will be greatly disappointing.
    well my brotha...thats just the thing...I want that tremendous bean harvest because I want to share them as gifts with my Dad & some other friends of mine. I have lots of friends down south that have the perfect set up out in the country for some ideal outdoor stealth growing ...not to mention the fact that I want as many of these beans I can get so I will not have to buy them anymore. I want to spread these easy to grow beans around; If you know what I mean? I know I will be sacrificing on smoke up front but with several dozen or even hundred's of beans...??? A never ending supply is what I'm after...can ya dig? No more delivery risk's or money spent out is my goal with all my beans...can ya dig that too?

Post Thanks / Like

i feel ya man.. the more beans you have, the less you have to worry about feds and dea finding ur beans in the mail.. at least that's what im getting at... *.*

Post Thanks / Like

I have been looking for a nice DR grow, cant wait to pop my beans if they would just hurry up and get here. It really is no fair on the male turnout, damn sausage fest. Normally I would try to leave this party but U got's me intrigued. I liek your idea about keeping some pollen from all the males. I probably would do the same to. I always read to not let the first guy to show to pollenate your ladies if you do its degenerative to the THC side of your genetics. Let em all hit peak maturity and try to compare tric coverage, which will be low to none anyway. More trics on the guy better to cross with.
    I also read that you should see how hollow the stems are, more fibre inside the stem is more rope, and less medical grade. While if the stems are hollow on your male, it allows for higher thc content and more tric formation. I am sure you arent breeding for rope lol.

I gotta wish you luck on getting all fems on your last four, that would be wonderful. I expect the DR will treat you rihgte. Just cant wait to have some of my own. I havent found any grows so dont know what to expect.
    I rmember reading "A small proportion of this strain will grow significantly taller than other individuals" made me worry a bit but indoor without enough dirt for roots it wont be too big. Would like to mate some of the "taller" boys with matching girls. Think those would be ideal for some random forest landscaping.
    I have plenty of forest here, I am in the buckle of the bible belt myself we could be neighbors!! hahhah
    Hopefully Billy gets some fems out of the DR hes putting out this summer. I really want to get a preview on what i got coming. Plus i want to know what "Signifantly" translates to in in/cm.

peese

-me

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by carnauth View Post
    I have been looking for a nice DR grow, cant wait to pop my beans if they would just hurry up and get here. It really is no fair on the male turnout, damn sausage fest. Normally I would try to leave this party but U got's me intrigued. I liek your idea about keeping some pollen from all the males. I probably would do the same to. I always read to not let the first guy to show to pollenate your ladies if you do its degenerative to the THC side of your genetics. Let em all hit peak maturity and try to compare tric coverage, which will be low to none anyway. More trics on the guy better to cross with.
    I also read that you should see how hollow the stems are, more fibre inside the stem is more rope, and less medical grade. While if the stems are hollow on your male, it allows for higher thc content and more tric formation. I am sure you arent breeding for rope lol.

I gotta wish you luck on getting all fems on your last four, that would be wonderful. I expect the DR will treat you rihgte. Just cant wait to have some of my own. I havent found any grows so dont know what to expect.
    I rmember reading "A small proportion of this strain will grow significantly taller than other individuals" made me worry a bit but indoor without enough dirt for roots it wont be too big. Would like to mate some of the "taller" boys with matching girls. Think those would be ideal for some random forest landscaping.
    I have plenty of forest here, I am in the buckle of the bible belt myself we could be neighbors!! hahhah
    Hopefully Billy gets some fems out of the DR hes putting out this summer. I really want to get a preview on what i got coming. Plus i want to know what "Signifantly" translates to in in/cm.

peese

-me
    Good deal...I will say this about the DR's...make sure you supplement your HPS's with some kind of blue spec.fluorescent lighting because they seem to flourish way better with both spectrum's at the same time. Also they seem to be very heat resistant so, if the room gets around 80 deg, don't worry to much about it, just keep good air flow on them. These things are super fast growing if you bombard them with lumen's so give them all the light you can throw at them. The only hard time they have given me is in the germ stage. Either sow them straight in the dirt or let them get at least an inch long in the wet paper towel before planting, and for sure use nothing but distilled water. You also need a very arid and water retaining soil mix for them too. I use a #8 pot for them I got at lowes and it seems to be plenty big but a 2 gallon bucket might be better for the roots. #8 pots are just better in confined spaces. Good luck and ck this thread every Friday for an updated look at those boys and my little ones. Btw guys I lost one to gnats and another one I had to bring back from near death...so only 2 look like their supposed to. Like I've said...they are kind of timid as little ones but if you can get past the seedling stage to the vegg stage, your set!

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

4 week old male Dieselryders

I put these outside about a week ago to make room for the little ones and they just stretched out like a mofo.
    But they are about to bust their nuts like a mofo as well.
    I started collecting pollen today. I just touched the little flowers and they just fell in the med bottle by them selves so collecting these was easy.
    You can see a decent amount of pollen in the bottom of the med bottle so I guess I did it right? I figure on getting a girls makeup brush to use for pollinating any girl LR strains that I may grow. I want lots more beans!!!

you can see how they stretched out after I put them outside

got a little rain on them yesterday so they look a little tired

sorry about the blur but you can still make out the little flowers

Last edited by 420; 09-08-2008 at 02:10 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Holy Hemp Batman!

Cool !

Post Thanks / Like

That's insane. I've never seen stretch like that before. The stems are still so thick as well!

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yep, and the real insane thing is the fact that I only put them in the dirt just 4 weeks ago.
    That's what is so cool about these LR strains is you don't have to wait so long to see results.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've started my LR Mystery seeds in pots outdoors and will transplant into wild. I am excited what these little ladies we be like. I've smoked LR2 for months now and am ready for a change. Not knocking the high, but man can't just live on steak!

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well... I pulled those 3 DR males after acquiring enough pollen to seed a few fem's.
    I now have 2 DR's on their 2nd week, but I didn't feed them at the 1st week like I did 3 those males. Instead I waited until the 2nd week and they haven't grown nearly as fast as those males, so I would advise feeding these DR's after the 1st week.
    I really want at least 1 fem out of these last 2 DR's, so I can pollinate it and get more DR beans.
    I recently got a new batch of LR2 beans that I plan on getting in the dirt this week as well, so maybe I can dust some of that DR pollen on an LR2 for some DR x LR2 beans as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast