Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First grow ever. 5gal DWC

Post Thanks / Like

Re: First grow ever. 5gal DWC

^ True true, plus most soil already has a nutrient content thats takes weeks to wash away.

Post Thanks / Like

agreed. I have to go hydro one day to do some comparison grows.

Post Thanks / Like

Try it out.. you'd be great at it. I've heard that dirt farmers make the best hydro growers. Something about patience... hehehh. I've always felt it was all the same.. just different mediums to stick roots in. We're all one family...

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys, love all the responses.

Just as a sidenote: I'm pretty interested in starting a guerilla grow very soon. I just need to find a good place. I live in a suburb and there are woods around, but I doubt they are virgin territory. Guess I'll just have to go further.

but anyway my question is, what kind of soil mix should I get that any local garden center would have? I mean, I have a patch of loam from compost in my yard but i read that personal compost shouldnt be used because it has pathogens. Everywhere i go i see miraclegro. And apparently miracle grow is not good for marijuana growth.

forgive me, I am ripped.

Fallen Cannabis Warrior Medical Marijuana's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Any good garden centre will have a premium organic potting mix. Make sure it does NOT have slow release ferts added.

Post Thanks / Like

south facing slope (norther hemisphere)

Visit the site in the hot months July/August to see if there is going to be water near by.

Rat traps to keep animals away. (won't really hurt large animals but it will scare em off)

Plant in a line... not a cleared circle. Everyone plants in cleared circles (roundish clearings) so thats what the flying pigs look for.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HeadMed View Post
    south facing slope (norther hemisphere)

Visit the site in the hot months July/August to see if there is going to be water near by.

Rat traps to keep animals away. (won't really hurt large animals but it will scare em off)

Plant in a line... not a cleared circle. Everyone plants in cleared circles (roundish clearings) so thats what the flying pigs look for.
    Thanks HeadMed, will do!

ok. she's looking droopy today

not really sure how over or under watering works, because its always in the water. I'm guessing it relates to the level of oxygen? but I am using quite a powerful pump for just 5 gallons and 2 airstones.

Post Thanks / Like

How hot was it today... whats it feel like under the light? Don't look like anything huge yet.. as long as it doesn't last. If it was a little warm you can see this... cool it down and the next day it should be back. (People say I'm aggressive, but I'd disappear those lame ducks at the bottom of the plant. (leaves) Their about 50%+ damaged and therefore no longer a benefit to the plant, and becoming a drain.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It looks like low pH, after a high dose of nutes. Calling all hydro heads :-)

Post Thanks / Like

With your setup are the roots always submerged in water or do they have time to breathe?

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by POTential View Post
    With your setup are the roots always submerged in water or do they have time to breathe?
    always submerged in water. They breath from all the oxygen bubbles pumped in by the air pump.

heat is consistently at 86, I think the crisping is due to the heat. It still has to be moved downstairs but its a big job it will have to wait a day

Fallen Cannabis Warrior Medical Marijuana's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

New growth is healthy. Blemished leaves will not improve. New growth is always what you look at.

Post Thanks / Like

Also those things have a lot of watter for their size. They gotta grow into them roots. The roots fill the plant up with water faster than it can evaporate it.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

here she is, in the new setup. lol it looks like trash but it took an entire afternoon, would have gone a lot faster if I had a buddy to help me but alas, such is marijuana cultivation.

thar she blows:

Heres how it looked this morning:

here's how it looks now:

Also, the tds meter finally came. but it did not come with any calibration solution, just two bottles of ph buffer solution. I was thinking I would be able to use distilled water to calibrate zero, would that work? If not can I just buy any old calibration solution or must it be from this company, I doubt i will get much help from the ebay seller.
    Last edited by 420; 09-07-2008 at 04:08 AM. Reason: clarity

Post Thanks / Like

Any calibration solution should work. Also have I mentioned that I suggest removing those dying leaves.. :-)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast