Strawberry Cough and Bubblegum

JerryDun

Hi guys, here is my first official grow journal, I hope you like it. Comments and feedback are definitely welcome.

My strains of choice are medicinal and fruity, yuuummmm.

This first post will start with the grow environment, and then I will follow it up with the actual grow. So if you are ready, let's proceed shall we? :cool:

scbg_tent_1.jpg

scbg_tent_2.jpg

scbg_tent_3.jpg

scbg_tent_4.jpg

scbg_tent_5.jpg

Notice how I used a standard Dryer vent to funnel the fresh intake air down in the bottom of the grow tent, which forces the stale air up to the Carbon Scrubber and exhaust fan. When I designed this I had no idea this would happen, I was just trying to minimize light and odor leaks, lol

scbg_tent_6.jpg

scbg_tent_7.jpg

scbg_tent_8.jpg

scbg_tent_9.jpg

To be continued in the next post

Very nice and clean set up my friend!!! Now I hope those are Feminized seeds right? Great strains to say the least I'll be waching!!

Soil and Ferts

In addition to the soil in each 2 gallon pot, I also added the following:

(1) 16oz cup of Perlite
(1) 16 oz cup of Vermiculite

The grow pots will be shown in the next post after this one

scbg_soilferts_1.jpg

scbg_soilferts_2.jpg

Day 3 of Veg

Strawberry Cough on the left and Bubblegum on the right.

I am not happy with the way they are stretching, although I did have the lights a little too far away from them. I will probably have to drive stakes into the soil to prop them up eventually, oh well. I am also taking a fairly large risk by only growing (1) of each. If even one of them turns out to be a male, I could be hosed. That's OK, this is my first grow and I am just learning.

Notice how both plants are lanky and kind of sickly looking. The next post after this one might surprise you, it sure did me.

Both plants together

scbg_veg3_1.jpg

Strawberry Cough

scbg_veg3_2.jpg

Bubblegum

scbg_veg3_3.jpg

Day 5 Veg

Since my plants were kind of lanky and sickly looking, I decided to give them some Ferts on Day 4. Typically I would not do this until they are 2 weeks old. Anyway, I was shocked when I looked at them this morning, they are just eating up the Ferts and they are looking like they are getting ready to rock. This was very surprising indeed.

Bubblegum is also coming on strong and trying to catch up to Strawberry Cough in terms of height.

Both Plants

scbg_veg5_1.jpg

Strawberry Cough

scbg_veg5_2.jpg

scbg_veg5_3.jpg

Bubblegum

scbg_veg5_4.jpg

scbg_veg5_5.jpg

Well that's about all for now, I will probably update once a week unless there are significant developments. If you have comments or questions, please let me know, and we can chat between updates.

;)

Hi DeadTour,

Thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately I did not get Feminized beans but I have had very good luck with the banks for quite some time. So I kind of took my chances here. Hopefully that will not come back to haunt me, lol

:cool:

Mafcs, I like the FoxFarm nutes a lot, they are potent yet subtle on the plants. It is easy to burn the plants if you try to bump up the dosage beyond the recommended amount, but by following the feeding schedule, the nutes are great.

Day 12 of Veg

It's been a week since my last update and the plants are doing great. I started feeding them Ferts on Day 4 of Veg and they have responded very well.

Around Day 7 of Veg, Strawberry Cough started falling over to one side because the main stem was too tall and spindly, so I had to mound up some more soil around the base of the stem. I also did the same to Bubblegum to stablize it as well.

The Ferts have made an amazing impact on both plants, they are really starting to get into their groove now.

Take a look, this is not too bad considering I am using T5 Flouros for this grow.

Side by Side Shot - Tough to get a good distance picture due to the Blue Light Spectrum of the T5 lights

scbg_veg12_1.jpg

Strawberry Cough

scbg_veg12_2.jpg

scbg_veg12_3.jpg

Bubblegum

scbg_veg12_4.jpg

scbg_veg12_5.jpg

Strawberry Cough Main Stem - Getting stronger

scbg_veg12_6.jpg

Bubblegum Main Stem - Getting stronger as well

scbg_veg12_7.jpg

I will have another update next week. By the way these are growing now, working on Internode 4, I will probably be ready to switch them over to 12/12 next week since I don't want them to get gigantic, lol.

Stay tuned for more...

:cool:

Hello Haze,

Thank You for the reps. I am pretty excited about this grow, and hope I can follow it all the way through to the end. I will be bummed if I get hit with a male or a hermie, but I guess those are the chances we take, lol.

:smokin:

Day 18 of Veg

I've got some bad news this week gang, Strawberry Cough went sideways on me very early in the week. She has developed a problem that I cannot identify or cure. I've tried water flushing, Nitrogen boosts, Phosphorus boosts, Potassium boosts, Baking Soda solution on the leaves, even emergency transplanting into fresh soil and she is completely unresponsive.

I am just about out of options, and it looks like I am going to lose her. If anyone has any idea's on what to try to revive her, please let me know. I don't have anything to lose at this point.

Bubblegum on the otherhand is totally thriving, what's puzzling is Bubblegum under is the same exact growing conditions as Strawberry Cough, and is loving everything I can throw at it, this is very perplexing indeed. Regardless of what happens to Strawberry Cough, I am going to proceed with Bubblegum.

Here are the particulars for Strawberry Cough

Soil - FF Happy Frog
Ferts - FF Grow Big and Big Bloom
PH Level - 6.8
Temperature - 76
Humidity - 56%

Strawberry Cough

scbg_veg18_1.jpg

scbg_veg18_2.jpg

scbg_veg18_3.jpg

scbg_veg18_4.jpg

Bubblegum

scbg_veg18_5.jpg

scbg_veg18_6.jpg

scbg_veg18_7.jpg

Thanks for tuning in ;)

Very nice setup. The ladies are looking good. How much noise do the fans generate? I need odor control and I am weighing out my options, going for quiet but effective.
I'm tuned in.

Kannabiskid,

The fan noise is not too bad, but you can certainly hear it when they are running. My grow tent is 4 x 4 x 8 which is about 25.6 Cubic Feet (CF). My intake fan is 90 CFM, and my exhaust fan is 185 CFM, so obviously my fans are much more powerful than I really need. I would have preferred a 40 intake and 80 exhaust but could not find that combination. I have the fans on a timer and they run for 3 minutes every 2 hours from 8:00 am - 10:00 pm.

This does the trick for fresh air and humidity control but when they are running, if you walk by the room you can hear them. They aren't obnoxiously loud but they are noticable. From the outside of the house you can barely hear them which is good.

Hope this helps.

:smokin:

Damn man. Sorry to hear about the strawberry. Bubblegum looks like it is rockin though. I am far from an expert, but have you tried getting your ph down a little more? Once I got mine dialed in at between 5.5-6 my plants went apeshit on the grow factor. I also noticed the badly burned leaves were burned earlier. I had some of the same problem with my grow earlier, although not as severe. I just cut them off like l8tnightskunk recomended and I haven't had any other problems. Not sure if this helps. The new growth on the strawberry looks good though.

Thanks for the response on the fans. Sounds like a good setup. I'm gonna go check out filters in a bit.

Kannabis,

Thanks for the tips. I have a PH up and down kit arriving tomorrow and will try loweing the PH as you suggested. Interesting that you should mention clipping the bad leaves, that is what I did right after taking the pictures, great minds think alike, lol

As far as Carbon Filters, try doing a Google search for Foothill Filters or Ebay Foothill Filters. They have all kinds of interesting stuff.

:ganjamon:

not to be nit picky or anything,, but i think if your grow tent is 4' x 4' x 8',, it is 128 cubic feet not 25.6,, just so you know,, but your 185 cfm fan is most likely still adequate,,

not to be nit picky or anything,, but i think if your grow tent is 4' x 4' x 8',, it is 128 cubic feet not 25.6,, just so you know,, but your 185 cfm fan is most likely still adequate,,

Yikes, you're right, thanks for catching that, I never was any good at math. I guess I'm just worried about trying to save Strawberry who is dying by the hour. Any ideas on how to save her? Vinegar, Lemon Juice, Jack Daniels, Heineken? I've tried everything I can think of, lol

:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom