First Grow - LR#2, LowBerry, Skunk.

GreenVillager

After along research and googling I`ve decided to do indoor growing. I got fed up when you get riped off or other herbs mixed in.

So I bought:
Lowberry, Lowryder#2 from Irish Seed Bank

Skunk from WSS Skunk Feminized from the Weed Seed Shop. It was cheap so I tought it will be ok for the first time grower.

I`ve decided to grow 2 Lowryder #2, 3 Skunk, 3 Lowberry. Started germination on 9th Of May - 2009.
DSC011301.JPG

On 10th of May I`ve planted all of my seeds into a bass cut bottle ( with holes). Bit dissapointed that not all seeds succeeded. I think 6 of them cracked successfully and I then just planted them:
DSC009221.JPG

They germinated quickly my room temperature was around 20~24.

On 15th of May some of my plants were finaly visible:
Skunk:
DSC00927.JPG

and 2 good looking lowberries:
DSC00926.JPG

DSC00925.JPG

Here are pics that were taken 16th Of May:
DSC000930.JPG

DSC000932.JPG

Its weird that the stems are so long now, is that normal? I`ve started to grow them on my a week ago (10th - May) I will replant then and get lights soon, wasnt expected for such a fast grow.

Welcome to 420 Green Villager, glad to have you here! Great to see you starting a journal. Interesting strain selection as well. I am also growing some AFs in my first indoor/hydro grow, after many years of outdoor cultivation, so I have a predisposition to checking in on AF grows. +rep for good luck!

GV,
Your plants are stretching for light.

You need to get them under light or outside now. Also, if you plan to keep them indoors you need to lightproof those bottles. Roots and light are a bad mix.

What type of soil are you using? It looks awfully wet. Overwatering+light on roots=root rot, and that'll put a quick end to your grow.

GV,
Your plants are stretching for light.

You need to get them under light or outside now. Also, if you plan to keep them indoors you need to lightproof those bottles. Roots and light are a bad mix.

What type of soil are you using? It looks awfully wet. Overwatering+light on roots=root rot, and that'll put a quick end to your grow.
Thank you SouthernWeed, I`m trying to set up lights cant find double 'adapter' to connect couple light bulbs.
As for the soil, it was some random soil pack that i pick it up from local gardening centre.
I watered before taking the pics :)

I would add 25%-33% perlite (coarse if you can get it) to the soil.

MJ wants a well-drained mixture that allows the roots to get oxygen (and, as mentioned, to help prevent root rot).

It also likes to send a relatively deep taproot very early in life - fill your containers to the top instead of only using part of their capacity.

I would add 25%-33% perlite (coarse if you can get it) to the soil.

MJ wants a well-drained mixture that allows the roots to get oxygen (and, as mentioned, to help prevent root rot).

It also likes to send a relatively deep taproot very early in life - fill your containers to the top instead of only using part of their capacity.

Hello TortureSoul, allright. I shall try to get Perlite this weekend and some pots. I havnt decided what pots I need. I dont want to get "too small or too large".
My plants are over week old. Should I wait for longer till they get stronger and re-plant them to a bigger pot (mixed with perlite)?
Hope those 5 plants grow well :rollit:

===Update - 18th Of May===
Took these pictures today. All looks good and healthy so far.
(2xSkunk, 2xLowberry, 1 Lr#2 were succesfull ones:
Skunk6.JPG

DSC009482.JPG

DSC009462.JPG

DSC009451.JPG

Also if its a sunny day, i leave the plants outside.

===Update - 20th Of May===
Plants are growing fast. I`m not planning to spend money on "Cool" growing equipment, I`m just gonna grow them in Home Build Little GreenHouse (Day time temp 35C, trying to keep my bill low) :slide:

DSC009542.jpg

DSC00956j.jpg

I know, I have/use very basic set up. But hey it works well :grinjoint:
DSC009583.jpg

They do look nice. I agree, add some perlite to the soil. Also, you'll want to transfer your plants in to non clear containers. The roots will reach the edges of the cup in no time, and they hate light. Also, if you would please make sure all your photos are uploaded to 420 first before you put them in your journal. Just looking out for ya. ;-)

Hi and thanks for stoping by.
They do look nice. I agree, add some perlite to the soil. Also, you'll want to transfer your plants in to non clear containers. The roots will reach the edges of the cup in no time, and they hate light. Also, if you would please make sure all your photos are uploaded to 420 first before you put them in your journal. Just looking out for ya. ;-)
Ms.Fox. All of my photos are uploaded on 420. ( check properties on those large image, and you will see it for yourself.) When I uploaded, the photo`s didnt show up in my album. So I just copied the original link, from where they were uploaded( so it doesnt have 420 logo and is large.) not on purpose m8 ;) . I will add perlite when I will replant them.I`ll transver them to big pots, but not sure when. I`ll wait for a nother week. :]

---

Hi l8tnightskunk.
wow looking good but those photos are large! lol take a look at this man! Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos
Thanks. Yes last 3 photos are large. I explained in Ms.Fox`s answer.
And yes I do know how to resize photos. Original photos were 3 MB, luckily I compressed to 500kb keeping the same HQ(loads up fast, which is allways a good thing lol ).And like I said I just copied/pasted straight from 420 when I uploaded . Hopefully next time the photos will show up in my album straight a way and will get the "Medium" size photo URL with 420 logo.
Btw.. I`ve read most FAQ, and other guides " how to grow MJ" here on 420. So I`ve learned alot, and know what I`m doing :p :rollit:
Thanks for stoping by ;)

---
There large and Clear Nice going tho.
Thanks. ;)

High, again all.
I`m planing to grow more plants (outdoor)
Do ye know any good strains that are not that obvious looking when they are at their flowering stage?
I`d love to grow something strong.
But dont want it to look like MJ leaves etc.
I`m trying to find different strains, but having hard time with google :]

GV...pot plants look like pot plants. As far as researching strains try looking up our sponsors here 420 Magazine - Sponsors. Good luck!
Hm ofcourse. I`m spending alot of time, researching plants.
I am trying to find the right strain.
I love plants like:
seedsghastawberry-10.jpg

seedsdp1201.jpg

Looks good. I shall keep searching.
Hm, my plants grow very slowly for some reason. 20 days old. But still very small.
At day time greenhouse temp is 30~35C. Some times I leave the doors open, for fresh air. But temp drops down to 20~25.......
Have no idea, why they are so slow.

Back
Top Bottom