Ebb and Flow Flowering and AeroGarden Cloning

southernboy30

I am doing my last crop before I move. I took several cuttings from my mother plant to clone in my AeroGarden and in my cloning tray. I am thinking about doing an outdoor crop of maybe 2 or 4 plants in different locations, but I am fearful about planting outdoors. I located some areas, but I am still thinking about it.

I have a 2'X2' ebb and flow system that give me about 84g per harvest. This is more than enough for my personal use.

I am using the following:
400w HPS digital ballast with an air cool reflector from HGT Supply
Bontanicare ebb and flow small setup (4 plants give me approximately 80g)
GH 3 part
tap water (I used r/o on my 1st crop with cal/mag additives, with tap water no problem with cal/mag)

I placed the cuttings in my AeroGarden for 3 weeks:

P53102921.JPG

Next I placed 5 clones in the flowering system with GH formula for transistion.

P53102891.JPG

P5310287.JPG

:rollit:

Plants are growing.
I noticed that some fan leaves are folding on the edge. Any advice will be welcomed.

Here are the Specs:

Ph = 6.0
ppm = 680
Nutrients: GH Flora Series (3 part)
Water = Tap (210ppm)
Light = 400w HPS at 12 hours
Hydro system = Ebb and Flow
plants = 3 week old clones from my AeroGarden
Stage = 4 weeks, transition

I will change the water today to 1 week of Blooming stage

The plants are growing:

P6020288.jpg

P6020287.jpg

I moved the plants from the AeroGarden when they were 8" tall to the Flowering area. Usually I would allow the plants to flower for 6 weeks, but I wanted to experiment with going from the AeroGarden cloning to transition into the bloom stage.

I changed the nutrients today. I started the bloom mode with GH. I got the PH at 5.6 with 1260ppm.

I changed the nutrients on 6/5/2009.

pH = 5.7
ppm = 1500
3 part GH Bloom phase
Botanicare Liqiud Karma

The plants are growing nicely:

Media_Card_BlackBerry_pictures_IMG2.jpg

:roorrip:

I was doing some late night reviewing in my copy of "Marijuana Horticulture: The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible" and came across a couple of interesting passages.

1. "Induce clones to flower when they are four to tweleve inches tall to make most efficient use of HID light." I induced my clones at 8" from the AeroGarden.

2. "By cloning, a horticulturist is planting a THC-potent plant that will continue to grow in potency at a very rapid rate. A month-old rooted clone acts exactly like a four month-old plant and can be induced easily to flower with a 12-hour photoperiod."

This is going to be an interesting thread. I'm considering adding an ebb and flow table to my next grow, but haven't finished my basement grow room, so space is short. Will be interesting to see if this will be a way to grow for me. Keep up the good work...+rep for you.

I was doing some late night reviewing in my copy of "Marijuana Horticulture: The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible" and came across a couple of interesting passages.

1. "Induce clones to flower when they are four to tweleve inches tall to make most efficient use of HID light." I induced my clones at 8" from the AeroGarden.

2. "By cloning, a horticulturist is planting a THC-potent plant that will continue to grow in potency at a very rapid rate. A month-old rooted clone acts exactly like a four month-old plant and can be induced easily to flower with a 12-hour photoperiod."

I'm glad you stumble across those passages. It's going to help me out. Was it the book or dvd that you got this from? I have the Cervantes Dvd. Maybe I need to go back and watch it again. Anyways so are you at the vegy or flowering stage?

With your Flora 3 series after adding the nutes to the water do you have to adjust your ph up or down?

Oh yeah if you want instead of putting hydroton on top of your cubes they have what is called a cube cap to prevent algae and fungus gnats. That way when you move your plants around you don't have to keep putting hydroton near your stem of your plants.

I have the book. I also used the video from YouTude, "how to grow cannabis mr green #1"

I am in the bloom stage. I went from my AeroGarden clones to transition in my flowering area. The cuttings were in the AeroGarden for 20 days. I took my cutting from the mother plant at approx 6".

I changed the solution last Friday to Bloom. When I got by in town on Sunday evening, the plants grew a couple of inches (see the above photos).

I use tap water with a 220ppm and a ph of 9. Once I add my recommended dose of nurtients, I adjust the ph with PH down. I added 15 gallons to my reservior.

Update: My 400w HPS ballast died on Thursday. I installed my CFL lights until I can get a replacement ballast.

Saturday I went to HGT Supply and they replaced my ballast under warranty. I installed the replacement and bent the plants under the screen.

OK, the replacement ballast is working properly. The plants are happy again. I bent some of the tall growth on Saturday. I want to try to increase the yield by bending the plants.

ImportedPhotos00001.jpg

ImportedPhotos00002.jpg

ImportedPhotos00003.jpg

ImportedPhotos00002b.jpg

I change nutrients today. The water level was very low with a ppm of 1700. Therefore, I changed the water with a ppm=1500, ph = 5.7

I purchased the C.A.P. OZN-Jr Ozone Generator Saturday. I installed it the same day. I use a carbon filter, but I would still smell a slight order when I open the tent before I installed the ozone generator. It works GREAT!!!

I open the tent and there is just a fresh smell. The unit turn on for 10 mins then off for 10 mins automatically.

Back
Top Bottom