Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Refers Random Bagseed-First Grow Ever-2009

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Refers Random Bagseed-First Grow Ever-2009

Quote Originally Posted by turfman50 View Post
    get more cfl and a heat blanket at walmart in the camping section its worth it

Just an update. I did find those fire blankets you were talking about. You can get 10 packs for dirt cheap. Thanks for the idea.
    chlorifil... more like Borafil

Refers' First Grow Ever - Bagseed 2009

Plant of the Month Winner JustAddWateR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Refers View Post
    When I water I don't actually measure I just pour it in and I always check the bottom of the pots to see the water run out the bottom and I never see it coming out.
    Try watering from below. Let the plant sit in ˝ inch of water for 30 min.
    Measure what they weigh when soaked and measure when dry (leaves wilting)
    and you will see when they need water and when it only "looks" like they need water.

They look good. Good to hear you will move them to the better soil.

The Grow Big and Big Bloom are good products, I personally use Old Age Grow and OA Bloom, try adding some guano and worm castings. Give them a few days/week to adjust to the new soil then start with half strength on the nutes... I wouldn't suggest going Full Blast. If your soil is prepared right, you will only need to water or use mild teas.
    if you need to save cash just get the soil for now.. it has plenty in it to get the plants on track without immediate nutes.

You will see the difference when the get in the better soil.
    good luck
    I Love 420magazine

Post Thanks / Like

Watering from below and weighing them sounds like a good idea, I will definately try that. And do you think using the grow big and big bloom should be good enough? That would be nice. I'll take this shopping list I have accumulated so far and see what i can pick up tomorrow. Thanks for the help!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i had that happen to me when i put my four hindu babies in that mg i went out and got ff of and my baby hindu are happy also went to walmart for some of those heat blanket in the camping section that will help you soil x light x nutes x great care = great buds

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with JustAddWateR, find yourself some nice sized pots - 3 gallons or so.
    Transplanting asap will reduce the risk later, and once they adjust, you should see them shoot up. Also using trays underneth really helps the roots to stretch to find water, making them stronger and taller.

Looking good though!

Post Thanks / Like

Alright, I'm taking all of your guys advice and going shopping today. I'm looking to get FF OF, and I hope 1 bag will be enough for (4) 3 gallon pots, which I also plan on getting today. I'm getting perilite to mix in and hopefully stretch out the FF OF a little bit. I'm going to get those Camping fire blankets, some kind of measuring cup, ph tester and also new bulbs.
    Now I have seen different info on using cfls, I saw on the everything you need to know about growing thread that you use soft cfls for veg, and daylight for flower. And I have seen in other journals that people do it the other way around. Anyone got any info on this for me before I go out and buy the wrong bulbs?

Plant of the Month Winner JustAddWateR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Those bags are 1.5 cubic ft. you might want to get 2

I Love 420magazine

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustAddWateR View Post
    Those bags are 1.5 cubic ft. you might want to get 2

I knew 1 wouldent be enough. They are like 40$ a bag around here. Damn, You think when I add perilite, worm castings and guano in along with (1) 1.5 cf FF OF, that it would be enough for (4) 3 gallon pots? I did the math and figured you get a little more that (3) 3 gallon pots with 1.5 cf of soil. I thought maybe with the other additives that it would stretch to 4 pots. I we will just have to see...

Post Thanks / Like

Refers Random Bagseed-First Grow Ever-2009

DAY 18

Alright. I got the supplies.

1.5cf FF OF, FF Big Bloom, FF Grow Big, Milwaukee Ph600, 3 gallon pots, 8 100W daylight cfls, and everything for wiring up the lights. I'm gonna put it all together now and I'll post after with some pics. Wish me luck!!

Post Thanks / Like

DAY 19

Hey everybody!
    I did finish the new space last night and I completed the transplant into the new soil and everything. I am getting the cable to connect my good camera to my computer in a little bit so I'm gonna wait untill then to post some pictures of the new setup. Be back in a few hours.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounding good! Will be able to tell in a few days if they've adjusted well, looking forward to the pics.

Post Thanks / Like

DAY 19

Ok so... The cable for my camera does not work. I'll try to figure something out asap. For now I guess I'll just keep using my phone. The set up was a little more difficult than I thought it would be, but its done! Is just a bunch of cardboard boxes all duct taped together. On the inside walls I taped up some kind of emergency blanket that seems like it should work. I'm using 3 gallon pots with FF OF. The 1.5cf bag actuall filled (4) 3 gallon pots with some to spare. I added 1 sandwich baggy of perlite through out all of them. I have a small 6" fan inside to keep the temp under control. Its staying around 88F. I'll do some venting to lower it a little. The humidity is hovering around 50% or so. Not sure if those numbers are good. The Ph of the run off water is about 7.4 should I try to lower it at all or just wait a few days and see what its at? and anyone got some cheap ways to lower and raise Ph? Also, I have the lights hanging about 7" over them. They actually put out alot more heat than I thought they would. Now I have a list of questions...

What cheap ways to raise and lower Ph?

How far away the 100W daylights should be? 2 per plant

When should I start nutes? I transplanted last night. and I have FF big bloom and FF grow big.

And do I need any other nutes/ferts?

If anyone could help me out with these questions I think I should be all set for a while. Thanks in advance for any information you guys might have. Now for pictures....

I'll name them Later but for now this is #1

Runt

Post Thanks / Like

Alright, so what you guys think? I'm happy with this set up, I'm sure it will work out. Now #1 and #2 seem to be doing just fine but #3 still has that weird leaf on it. Think it will fix itself or what? And I have no idea why the runt is so small but it seems to be doing alight. All of them were rootbound when I transplanted them so I couldent really get all of the MG off the roots. There actually was alot still stuck to the roots. Think that they should be ok? I dident wanna damage them trying to get the MG off. Now just about all the leafs have a little bit of yellowing on the edges but I'm hoping the new soil will help fix that. Alright so thats it for now. -Later

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

might wanna try and get those lights even closer

Post Thanks / Like

Looking good - I agree with Indo smoke - Lights need to be closer.
    Good job so far though!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast