Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Refers Random Bagseed-First Grow Ever-2009

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Refers Random Bagseed-First Grow Ever-2009

It is possible that they are yellowing purely from old age...this is normal. Old leaves naturally die and fall off the plants.

Post Thanks / Like

update

everything is going well here. still no working computer so that means no pictures. i'm working on fixing that problem asap.

anyway, everything is looking good. besides the runt the other 3 are all looking about the same. all 8'' tall with a nice lush green color and many sets of leafs with a nice sweet and spicey smell. i'm happy so far.

now i do have one question/problem.
    all 4 plants have these tiny white and almost silver colored spots on only the top leafs. any ideas on what these could be? i know its hard with no pictures but this is the best i can do.

i plan on starting nutes next watering- ff grow big. i think they are ready for that.

well thats it for now, hopefully next time i will have pictures. as usuall i'm open to hear any comments and critizisims-cant spell, you guys can start with that lol.
    chlorifil... more like Borafil

Refers' First Grow Ever - Bagseed 2009

Plant of the Month Winner JustAddWateR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Possible Light bleaching? Is it taking over?
    I Love 420magazine

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustAddWateR View Post
    Possible Light bleaching? Is it taking over?
    I can imagine what light bleaching is but i don't know for sure. maybe you could further explain this? and if by asking if it is taking over you mean the spots the answer is no. they are very sparsely spread out. just a few spots here and there. at first it looked to me like silver glitter got in there somehow, but it does not rub off like glitter, thats for sure.

so i plan on starting my ff grow big today, i have heard that you start with a smaller dose and work your way up to full dose. is this recommended?

Post Thanks / Like

If you have never used those nutes before .. use 1/4-1/2 strength and only every other watering.. let the plants dry between waterings...

But I've seen some things that I would call "Nuking a plant", the grower had his Mix Perfected, with Awesome results.

In the forums I've seen some peoples mixes and viewed their results... might be a good hunting ground of info for you to try
    I Love 420magazine

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks JustAddWateR!

That's exactly what I needed to hear. I will just start out playing it safe with 1/4 dose every other watering. I don't wanna risk hurting them. I baby the hell outta these babies. I'm not sure if this is a good thing, but I have alot of spare time so about every 2 hours I give them a good spray down with my little pump sprayer. could this be doing any harm? they seem to like it but what do I know.

Alright, that's all for now. still working on those pictures... I'll post them soon I hope. -Later

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Refers View Post
    I'm not sure if this is a good thing, but I have alot of spare time so about every 2 hours I give them a good spray down with my little pump sprayer. could this be doing any harm?
    Yes

Do you know what your relative humidity is? Check it. Unless your having a serious drout condition that is removing the moisture from the air i wouldn't suggest spraying more than 1 time a day.. if that much.. I only spray once a week for Foliar feeding in my setups..

Don't get used to spraying them like that.. you don't want mold Ever

Remember the Key to all this... It knows how to grow.

Marijuana likes to dry out sometimes.. really
    I Love 420magazine

Post Thanks / Like

Point taken JustAddWateR...

Thanks for all your help so far. My reasoning for all the spraying is that sometimes it can get near 95f in there so I thought I could spray them to cool them down.

as for the relative humidity, right after watering its around 50% but then the next day it will drop to and stay around 35% i really gotta work on doing some venting to keep the temp under control. it gets dry very quickly.

i keep a 6'' fan blowing into the box and it keeps the temp around 84-88f but at night i gotta seal it up for light control and then it gets near 95f. with the fan inside.

thats pretty much why i spray them down so often, which i will stop doing now.

Thanks for your help! and again, i'll work on those pictures

Post Thanks / Like

DAY 27

Update...

So i started with the nutes yesterday. i went with half the regular dose and plan to skip nutes on the next watering and then full dose on the next.

i'm not positive, but i think i can see the difference already. in a good way. its only been like 30hrs.

#3 with the weird leaf is doing much better and the runt looks like it has doubled in size. all of them look a much healthier green. they smell the whole room up a bit also.

i added another fan to keep the temperature down. now it is staying around 80f and RH is keeping around 45%. those are pretty good numbers right?

still working on those pictures. i know a journal is kinda boring without them. soon i hope. that's all for now... -Later

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe someone here could help me out with a venting question.

if you haven't seen the pictures my grow box is just a 5' wide 2' deep and 45'' tall cardboard box.

i plan on using a 6'' fan in one side at one long end and put a hole in the other end to move air straight through, what would be best. have the fan blowing in or out?

maybe its a stupid question but i would like some input before i go cutting holes and stuff.

thanks in advance for any help.

Post Thanks / Like

Out at the top and intake at the bottom opposite side if possible.

always try to pull air out of box.

Sounds like things are doing fine
    I Love 420magazine

Post Thanks / Like

you the man JustAddWateR!

you described exactly what i wanted to do. it just really helps to hear it from other people too.

you are right, things do seem to be goin better than expected. i just wish everyone could SEE it for themselves. my computer is not actually broken there is something wrong with the web browser. i'll figure it out eventually.

anyway, thanks for the help dude. updates soon to come...

Post Thanks / Like

Get that computer issue fixed. I am anxious to see these bad muthas.

Post Thanks / Like

Update...

Alright, could anyone help me with my computer problem? i know that this site is not about computers but without one i cannot post any pictures.

the problem is my web browser. is just says internet explorer is unable to connect.
    but other internet based programs work just fine.

if anyone can help me that would be awesome. or even point me in the right direction for help too.

unfortunately that's all for now...

Post Thanks / Like

DAY 33

Update...

I belive today I have one confirmed female!!! I was just taking a look at them and noticed a difference. i couldn't really see until I took a very close picture with my good camera and there they were, 2 pistils on separate sides with 2 white hairs coming out! I'm pretty sure that means that one is female. I'm extra happy about this because it is my biggest healthiest one.

alright, still working on pictures. this really motivates me because i want to post pictures so you guys can look and make sure this is a girl. soon.....

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast