Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Refers Random Bagseed-First Grow Ever-2009

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Refers Random Bagseed-First Grow Ever-2009

DAY 33

Update... PICTURES!!!

So I finally got my internet problem fixed! I switched to Firefox, thanks to Ms.Fox, and everything is back on track. And on top of getting the internet fixed I also managed to get the pictures from my good camera on here also. It has been 14 days since I last posted pictures so I'm gonna start from back then and work my way to present time.

Before I load up the pics just a little info for everyone. I'm still using the 8 100w daylight cfls for light and FFOF soil and FF grow big and big bloom for nutes. The temp is staying at 85F and the RH is at 45% and the PF of runoff is about 7.4. I started nutes almost 2 weeks ago and I have using the grow big. But as of last night it looks like I have at least one female! So I was wondering if I should start using the big bloom yet? So far it is just one that is showing sex so I'm not sure if I should wait or not. And can I mix the 2 nutes or not? Also, with when should I change the light schedule to 12/12?

So I typed the part above before I actually uploaded the pictures. Then I went to upload them and found out that every picture is way past the 1000k size limit. what am I to do now? I have to have a friend use his computer to put the pictures on a flash drive and then load them to my computer. so if I can't use the ones I have now then I can't upload anything. Anyone know how to deal with this? sorry about the tease.
    chlorifil... more like Borafil

Refers' First Grow Ever - Bagseed 2009

Post Thanks / Like

How large (in resolution) are the pictures? If over a megabyte they probably are very large. You can downsize them in a photo editor. I like to use paint.net. You can download it from, you guessed it, paint.net

Plant of the Month Winner JustAddWateR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Refers View Post
    it looks like I have at least one female! So I was wondering if I should start using the big bloom yet? So far it is just one that is showing sex so I'm not sure if I should wait or not. And can I mix the 2 nutes or not? Also, with when should I change the light schedule to 12/12?
    depends on the strain.. if you think it will grow too large, start 12/12 at 6-8 inch plants... I did

I actually uploaded the pictures. Then I went to upload them and found out that every picture is way past the 1000k size limit. what am I to do now?
    Use microsoft paint.. comes with windows. Click file, then Open(find your pic file), the pic will load into paint. Click Image, then Resize. It will show 100 x 100..
    resize to 45 x 45 . click ok. Click file, Then "Save as". Save to a new folder for upload.

this will permanently change the original photo if you just click save.

Good luck
    Last edited by JustAddWateR; 06-24-2009 at 02:36 PM. Reason: spelling
    I Love 420magazine

Post Thanks / Like

Refers Random Bagseed-First Grow Ever-2009

DAY 38

Update... Pictures for real...

Alright things are back on track. For now I am going to use my camera phone pictures. I re-sized one high quality shot that shows proof of one female. The other day I guess it got a little hot and they dried out quicker than normal and by the time I saw them they were all very droopy and some of the bottom leafs had turned yellow. Should I just cut them off or what? Anyway, I watered them asap and within a few hours they were back to normal. So everything is going really well. The #1 that showed sex is shooting pistils all over the place. I'm thinking about switching to 12/12 in about a week. The other 3 have not showed sex yet but I hope switching the light schedule will speed up the process. Also, as of now #1,2 & 3 are all 11" tall and #4 (The Runt) is 7" tall.

Ok, picture time...

Just a look at the whole setup.

Top view of #1 -The Female

Side view of #1

Top view of #2

Side view of #2

Top view of #3 (The Retard)

Side view of #3

Top view of #4 (The Runt)

Not a runt any more. It started so late and was not looking good at all and now its one of the best.

Side view of #4

Female!!!

This is a picture of #1. This was actually taken about a week ago but I can't get anymore high quality pictures for a little while. This is female right? I'm pretty much positive it is but it does not hurt to ask.

So thats all the pictures for now. What you guys think? Looking pretty good right? Sorry it took so long, I should be trouble free from here on out. So thats it for now, I'll be updating again in a few days. -Later

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool, I really like your setup. Did you use a refrigerator box or something?
    DFW Guy
    \\He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man//
    Poor, CFL, Stealth, maybe a little luck?
    DFW-guy rocks the box!

Post Thanks / Like

Yep that female is preflowering.. Congratz!
    I Love 420magazine

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks dfw-guy, Actually I had a bunch of boxes from moving that were all the same size and I just cut them up and duct taped them together and put some holes in the top to run the lights through and then lined the bottom in plastic. Its all I had laying around so I made it work. Seems to be working alright so far...

And thanks JustAddWateR, I thought that was a female but it helps when someone else takes a look too you know. 2 of the others are showing some signs of female but its to hard to tell right now. I'll keep you guys posted.

Post Thanks / Like

Lovin the setup - and plants are looking beautiful - The others will catch up im sure. You'd be suprised that the runt had sometimes be the best.

Look forward to seeing them shoot up!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks fuuji0019, its a cheap setup but it works. So I switched the light schedule to 12/12 2 days ago and everything is going good with that. I will post some pictures as soon as I'm around while the lights are still on. So until I post pictures I'm not gonna get in to alot of details right now but I do have one question. When it is on the dark part of the schedule I do have some light leaks, nothing major, but a few spots of real dimmed light. will this be a big deal? I'm working on sealing the box but I don't think it will ever get completely dark in there. Let me know what you think... Next time there will be pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

When it is on the dark part of the schedule I do have some light leaks, nothing major, but a few spots of real dimmed light. will this be a big deal? I'm working on sealing the box but I don't think it will ever get completely dark in there. Let me know what you think....
    This can cause a plant to hermie.. and possibly make it take longer to bloom.
    Do what you can to get total darkness.

new pics?
    I Love 420magazine

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456