Thread: 1st grow

Post Thanks / Like

1st grow

I am doing my 1st grow from seeds from amsterdam marijuana seeds. I bought 10 white widow 10 amsterdam indica and they gave me 10 seeds free.
    I germinated 5 wht widow 5 amsterdam and 3 misc. in rockwool soaked in maxicrop. so far day 4 I have all 5 wht widow and all 5 amsterdam and 1misc. have come up.
    The problem I have is the plants are way to tall so I have had to double the rockwool on 2 of them and cut rockwool in half on the rest. I hope this works
    I am using 2 150 cfls and 1 t5 for now. I am waitng on my other light I bought and the Deep Water Culture from stealth hydro. hope it arrives monday
    I will post pics as I figure out how to download from my camera ( its new)
    The temps stay at 82-88 I am trying to keep them closer to 80
    I will be doing a 12/12 like the on no mercy.
    any help or information is will be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1st grow

Hey deffedtx
    Nice strains to choose, allow quite a bit of space, and just wait untill they've grown more to re-pot. Im not that clued-up on rockwool, so looking forward to seeing your pics.

At what height are you planning on moving into 12/12?

Post Thanks / Like

How far are your lights above the plants...sounds like stretching. Get the lights within 2-3 inches of the tops of the plants. You want 6500k for veg...2700k for flower. Link in my sig will help with pics.

Post Thanks / Like

The light are about 4 inches
    I think I didnt push the seeds down far enough in the rock wool. I have had to put rockwool cubes on top of each other and cut some in half and put on top to support the plants
    I will try to get some photos in here later, my computer is not read my camera.

The question I have now is when do i put in the hydroponcs right now they are in a tray and I am only giving the maxicrop, They are 5 days old.

I have to say I am excited

Post Thanks / Like

I finally got my bublbleponics and have transplanted. I planted the seedlings in the rockwool ( I tore off as much rockwool as I could without getting into the roots)
    I have added nutrients at about 1/3 what the directions called for ( I am using the ones that came with the system)
    I think I am fixing to have some big problems the plants are looking bad lots of yellow ( I am worried that the rockwool is holding to much water)
    The timer for the pump is set to 15 minutes on and 45 off. ( the directions call for 5 minutes 3 times a hour but the timer they sent me only has 15 minute tabs.

Last edited by Keith Lake; 06-12-2009 at 03:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by Keith Lake; 06-12-2009 at 03:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you are off to a good start. Good luck, looking forward to seeing you progress...

p.s.

Those pictures are huge, I cant fit them on my screen. It would help if you made them about half the size....
    First time indoor Scrog
    seeds-seeds-more-seeds Complete
    Outdoor Number 3 LB-Haze Complete
    Winter Outdoor Grow 2009-2010 Complete
    First Timer - Any Suggestions? Complete

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

Looking nice - But yeah, pics are huge, and not uploaded on to 420
    http://www.420magazine.com/forums/jo...st-photos.html

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I didnt know they would be that big I did upload them to 420 and they are under 1 mb next time I will know to go 1/2 that size.
    But back to most important issue What's happening with my plants. Should I just wait and see or ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We resized & uploaded them for you