First Grow (MICHIGAN)!

traficante

Hello everyone! This will be my very first grow and I am really excited. I have been following this site for a few days and I have to say that I am comfortable in beginning my first grow due to the great suggestions and advice I have seen on here...

Not sure of the seeds I have since I did pull them from a bag of pot.
I germinated them using the paper towel method (Aprox 34 seeds) then placing in the jiffy kit.

Also using Hyponix soil and 1 100W CFL to get started. Im getting my Metal Halide lamps this Thursday and will be using the HPS for flowering...

Any suggestions or feedback would be greatly appreciated, wish me luck :)

Re: First Grow (MICHIGAN)!!!

I will post some pics tomorrow as we have a tornado warning right now. But just to give you guys a better idea, I am keeping my set up i my basement which is fairly cool during the these next few months.
Cheers!

Re: First Grow (MICHIGAN)!!!

I have an issue, maybe someone here can help. Just went into my basement and noticed a bat flying around. Will this be a problem? Do I need to get him out of there asap or is it not a threat to my plants?

How's everything?

Actually, had a bit of a set back and had to move everything to a friend's basement. But I can tell you this, i skipped getting the Metal Halides and went straight to HPS. I got a SWEET DEAL and paid $75.00 for (3) 400 Watt Fixtures including the bulbs!

So, what I have in total as far as newbies are about 50+. I figured that with 50 plants it will up my chances for some females.
I only have one of the lamps on at the moment until they get a little bigger, then Im turning the other two lamps on. Is this ok? Should I have all 3 on at this time?

Sorry for the lack of updates, but like I said, had a set back due to the fact of the location change. I promise will post pics later today!!!!

OK, Finally some pics... sorry for the delay, and yes, I am a terrible photographer :( Comments, suggestions... please dont be shy :)

DSC024941.JPG

DSC024951.JPG

DSC024961.JPG

DSC024971.JPG

DSC024981.JPG

DSC024991.JPG

DSC025021.JPG

Hey neighbor, I'd use as much light as possibile in the begining. And if you are still using the cfl's keep them as close as possible, cfl's don't throw off too much heat so you can get them close without burning them. Do you have a fan on them, it blowing will make the stems stronger. Good luck +Rep

hi and thanks for stopping by bro! i have 2 other HPS 400 watt fixtures... you think i should let them rip?
cheers!

Thats up to you bro, but if you have enough cfl's I'd use them at first. When the plant is that young it craves light at first more than anything else. Then use the bigger lights for flowering. What light cycle are you using by the way?

Unfortunately, I don't have any more cfl's... I'm currently running the lights 24 hrs... Should I change it? Add another hps lamp?
Also, I just counted all the babies and I have 72. Hopefully this will increase my chances of a good number of fems...

:rollit:you could go 12/12 from now and do your grow without a veg period. something to ponder with having soooo many seedlings a good yeild is still possible. you should check out some 12/12 grows a get some ideas :peace: and good luck:ganjamon:

thanks to PFlynn & resinator for your advice. i think I will switch to 12/12. I also would like to know if anyone here might know why some of my leaves appear to have a bubbly look to them. This started like a day after I put them under the HPS lamp. I have pics but not sure if you can see what im talking about. check them out...any advice is greatly appreciated.
PS one more thing, you guys think I should put up the other (2) 400 HPS lamps on?
IMG00065-20090617-2131.jpg

IMG00060-20090617-2119.jpg

IMG00071-20090617-2136.jpg

IMG00066-20090617-2132.jpg

IMG00070-20090617-2135.jpg

IMG00075-20090617-2138.jpg

IMG00062-20090617-2129.jpg

Ok guys, so I re-vamped my grow room. Added insulation, and also installed the other 400 Watt HPS lamp. Tonight I am switching to 12/12 on this batch and also setting my other box for the 2 week old babies which I will pit under the 3rd 400 Watt HPS lamp I have. I also went out and got some Nutes for them and fed them today (4 Week Old Plants). I will feed the others next week. I took pics again today, check them out and hit me up with some feedback or suggestions... Cheers!

16631.JPG

101031.JPG

24481.JPG

33801.JPG

43031.JPG

52371.JPG

62081.JPG

71801.JPG

81601.JPG

91261.JPG

Perfect light choices imo. Surely your switching to 12/12 a bit early?!

Lovin the pot choices!! Look forward to seing these babies grow.

Thanx for stoppin by bro...I was recommended to go 12/12 by a couple members on this thread... I will take some pics later and see if there is any progress...

Before the roots take hold to hard, I think you should separate the plants. 1 per container. I wonder how much $$ it is for 24 3.5gal pots?
Sry, did you ever say what you're using to get the hot air outa the room? Maybe you can find a used a/c unit.

Back
Top Bottom