Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: First Grow (MICHIGAN)!

Post Thanks / Like

First Grow (MICHIGAN)!

Hello everyone! This will be my very first grow and I am really excited. I have been following this site for a few days and I have to say that I am comfortable in beginning my first grow due to the great suggestions and advice I have seen on here...

Not sure of the seeds I have since I did pull them from a bag of pot.
    I germinated them using the paper towel method (Aprox 34 seeds) then placing in the jiffy kit.

Also using Hyponix soil and 1 100W CFL to get started. Im getting my Metal Halide lamps this Thursday and will be using the HPS for flowering...

Any suggestions or feedback would be greatly appreciated, wish me luck

Post Thanks / Like

Re: First Grow (MICHIGAN)!!!

Cool! Looking forward to your grow. I love me a good HPS light! I would love to see some pics of your babies! ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

traficante good start on your grow and +reps for luck and a great grow crop prosper
    resinator's first step grow

it is better to have tried and failed than have failed to try

Post Thanks / Like

I will post some pics tomorrow as we have a tornado warning right now. But just to give you guys a better idea, I am keeping my set up i my basement which is fairly cool during the these next few months.
    Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like

I have an issue, maybe someone here can help. Just went into my basement and noticed a bat flying around. Will this be a problem? Do I need to get him out of there asap or is it not a threat to my plants?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: First Grow (MICHIGAN)!

moved my set up to my closet until I can resolve the Bat flying around in my basement.
    Pics coming soon!
    whats this about a "New World Order"? I just wanna know if fries and a coke come with that...

Check out my first grow : http://www.420magazine.com/forums/jo...-michigan.html

Post Thanks / Like

How's everything?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Fox View Post
    How's everything?
    Actually, had a bit of a set back and had to move everything to a friend's basement. But I can tell you this, i skipped getting the Metal Halides and went straight to HPS. I got a SWEET DEAL and paid $75.00 for (3) 400 Watt Fixtures including the bulbs!

So, what I have in total as far as newbies are about 50+. I figured that with 50 plants it will up my chances for some females.
    I only have one of the lamps on at the moment until they get a little bigger, then Im turning the other two lamps on. Is this ok? Should I have all 3 on at this time?

Sorry for the lack of updates, but like I said, had a set back due to the fact of the location change. I promise will post pics later today!!!!
    Last edited by 420 Girl; 06-22-2009 at 06:25 PM.
    whats this about a "New World Order"? I just wanna know if fries and a coke come with that...

Post Thanks / Like

OK, Finally some pics... sorry for the delay, and yes, I am a terrible photographer :( Comments, suggestions... please dont be shy

Last edited by Happy Kitty; 06-22-2009 at 12:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey neighbor, I'd use as much light as possibile in the begining. And if you are still using the cfl's keep them as close as possible, cfl's don't throw off too much heat so you can get them close without burning them. Do you have a fan on them, it blowing will make the stems stronger. Good luck +Rep
    420 Magazine - News Team
    Creating Cannabis Awareness Since 1993
    Please Help Support Our Website!
    The 420 News - Daily Marijuana News
    My Hemp Art Journal

Submit your best photos to photos@420magazine.com for publication in 420 Magazine

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PFlynn View Post
    Hey neighbor, I'd use as much light as possibile in the begining. And if you are still using the cfl's keep them as close as possible, cfl's don't throw off too much heat so you can get them close without burning them. Do you have a fan on them, it blowing will make the stems stronger. Good luck +Rep
    hi and thanks for stopping by bro! i have 2 other HPS 400 watt fixtures... you think i should let them rip?
    cheers!

Post Thanks / Like

Thats up to you bro, but if you have enough cfl's I'd use them at first. When the plant is that young it craves light at first more than anything else. Then use the bigger lights for flowering. What light cycle are you using by the way?
    420 Magazine - News Team
    My Hemp Art Journal

Submit your best photos to photos@420magazine.com for publication in 420 Magazine

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PFlynn View Post
    Thats up to you bro, but if you have enough cfl's I'd use them at first. When the plant is that young it craves light at first more than anything else. Then use the bigger lights for flowering. What light cycle are you using by the way?
    Unfortunately, I don't have any more cfl's... I'm currently running the lights 24 hrs... Should I change it? Add another hps lamp?
    Also, I just counted all the babies and I have 72. Hopefully this will increase my chances of a good number of fems...

Post Thanks / Like

Man you are going to need tons of light to grow them till you sex them. And a ton of space for that manny. For a first grow I'd start with WAY less plants.
    I'm no pro and maybe someone on the grow suport team could help you better, but I'd use 12/12 on the lights it's a more natural way.
    420 Magazine - News Team
    My Hemp Art Journal

Post Thanks / Like

you could go 12/12 from now and do your grow without a veg period. something to ponder with having soooo many seedlings a good yeild is still possible. you should check out some 12/12 grows a get some ideas and good luck
    resinator's first step grow

it is better to have tried and failed than have failed to try

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast