Aeroponic Expert Advice for Newbs

BuDBudDy

Hi Im new to growing, I would like advice if possible.

Here is my setup.

About a 10X12 Room
Ventilation in and out with fans.
Portable Air Conditioner
1Kw MHS but running @ 750w, 19/5 slowly moving to 24hrs
32 Bubba Babies just transplanted in Aero setup,
still have rockwool, surrounded by Hydroton.
Feed 1 min on 4 min off.
Air rocks constantly aired.

Ph of solution was adjusted to 5.8 initially in all 4 containers.
Was 6.4-6.5 next day. Adjusted again to 5.8 today.

ppm is around 2800 (BlueLab) consistantly for all 4 containers (followed nutrient directions on labels) .

Nutrients consist of:
Aqua Flakes A+B
Delta 9 Silicate
Delta 9 Ocean Grow
Diamond Nectar
Hygrozyme
Liquid Karma
Green Fuse Root Stimulator

All Nutrients are mixed using full concentration specs in four 7 Gallon containers each housing 8 plants.

Room temp Ranges from 72-80

Water Temp 72-75

Humidity 47-56

Please let me know if my parameters are off so I wont have problems later.

Some of the babies have yellowing tips, should I cut the tips?
How can I avoid this from happening?
One plant has a leaf that looks bad and is laying down, while the other few leaves on it are in great shape, should I cut that one leaf?
Should I remove the rockwool and just use the hydroton as a stabilizer?
Do I need to reduce the ppm if the plants arnt dying?

Any Professional advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all ur help

2800 PPM will torch them quickly at this age. reset to 800-1000.
I use Aquaflakes nyself.
if the leaf is 50% or more damaged then remove it...dont bother trimming the tips off
as far as the rockwool goes..personally I would remove.....I think you holding too much water....kinda defeats the Aero point when the sprayers arent on that much because the rockwool holds water......now I havent dont a real aero grow so I could be talking out my ass
PICS

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

What attitude, I'm asking a question, and giving thanks in advance. If you don't have answers then don't answer, just don't judge people because of your insufficiencies.

Thanks Again

Btw, Thanks again PitViper, one more question, I hear people mist their plants with water once in a while, whats your input about that? Thanks

Lol

water temps do seem a little hot - It would be nice to see a pic of the plant in question - you will get more responses that way :)

Im no expert but I know even the experts will want a pic

with humidity at almost 60% misting is probably not required. I wouldn't.

So I'm planning out my closet for my first aeroponics set up. It's a 6'x4' closet. I think I have most of the materials in order except I'm not sire what to use as the tray to hold the net pots. I have seen PVC sheets, but the dimensions required would cost me upwards of 300 dollars which is not in the budget, at least not for just the tray. I had considered using the top part of a plastic folding table but would rather have the correct materials to make a clean, respectable grow area. Any advice is very appreciated.

I know this is a little late but it may help someone else down the road someday. Water temps need to stay below 68. Any warmer and you risk getting the funk. Cooler is better. The colder the water, the more oxygen it can hold. That's why fish all die when the water temps get too warm, not because of the heat but because of lack of O2. You don't want the water so cold that it starts to slow the plant's metabolism though. 60-68 is nice.

Room temp needs to be 78. If you go warmer the plants grow faster but tend to stretch. It's also hard to keep your water temps down when the room is hot. Cooler temps are better until you reach a point that the plant's metabolism starts to decrease. You get dense buds and not much stretch but you pay for it in the end with a smaller harvest.

Hope this helps someone, someday...

Start your PPM at 800-1000 and watch your plants. Tip burn, and crispy leaves are a sure sign. If the leaves turn down like a birds claw then you are too hot. If you plants look light yellow/green then you need to up your ppm. Go 100-200 ppm a day and watch the new growth for a couple of day. Young yellow leaves will come around but old burnt leaves will not come back.

Back
Top Bottom