Best water temperature for an aeroponic cloner?

RandyL

I build an aeroponic cloner similar to an EZ-clone. I'm using it to clone plants which will be planted in dirt.

I'm using an 18 gallon tub from Target with 5 gallons of RO water in it, PH'd to 6.0, and a 100 mg Vitamin B1 tablet for each gallon.

What is the optimum temperature to keep the water at?

So far mine has been in the 80-83 range, I left this afternoon for a few hours and the warm afternoon sun pushed it to 88!

I have a few water bottles in my freezer, but it takes too long to convert them to solid ice. I have to rotate out the water bottles several times a day to keep the water cooled into the 70s.

I never loked at chillers before, maybe I'll research them some tonight.

"The best range that your reservoir can be between is 60F-75F. Ideally the reservoir temperature should be at 65F because this level optimal for processing oxygen. Also this temperature will help control transpiration (the act of drawing up nutrients by evaporating water throughout the leaves), and humidity levels. Buying a simple aquarium floating thermometer will allow you to know where you fit in this range."
i stole this from rosmans Deep Water Culture post

u know i posted that thinking rootrot and a full blown grow not a clone.

You have a heat problem and you wonder why when you leave the cloner in the SUN?
Keep it out of the sun
Cloning can work fine with indirect light.
insulate the res with something from home depot (sheet of styro with foil cover, mylar, etc)

Also, why do you need to adjust the PH of plain RO water to clone?
Not needed.

70-75 degrees .you dont want it to hot where the foliage is cuz the plant cant sweat like it used to . best way to get around that is to have your humitidy up to 100% so the stomates close on the leaves and it absorbs moisture out of the air that way to keep it alive and healthy. very lucky they are alive 90 degrees can easly kill any small plant with roots. clones dont need much light , 8 clones under one 2' T5 is plenty

Back
Top Bottom