Aeroponic Help! Is 15 minutes on then 15 minutes off OK for H20 cycle?

I could use some help as well. I have a turbo clone, and have had no success, Ive tried every possible variation, of ph, hormones, nutes, no nutes. Help

I know, I tripp on the number of views vs. replies. 174 people looked at this and wondered right by, without even a nod. This sight is what we make it. It can be informative, not that its not, but w should be able to hit problems quick, and share on all other sorts of stuff. Like mollasses, who new? that worked out incredible, that was a growers tp. Im just saying, that we set the pace. you'll never find a book thats equal or as powerful as all of us through420

Might take 420 people to see it, before the right person has the answer. Using our Search feature works in the interim. Patience is a virtue my brothers. :Namaste:

FOUND MY ANSWER IN THIS SITE! "The world’s first continuous plant feeding system, Deep Water Culture is a hybrid design that takes the best from both worlds of the Deep Water Culture (aka DWC, “bubbler”) and Drip Systems. Since the nutrient mix is highly oxygenated, Deep Water Culture converts its drip function to a constant feed flow directly to the inner roots, fed as a slight trickle. Without needing to take breaks to allow the root base to drain and absorb oxygen, plants in the Deep Water Culture system are able to deliver unparalleled growth energy." THANK YOU TULIP!

Is 15 minutes ON then 15 minutes OFF a good H20 cycle, if I'm using a mini-sprinkler system , with suspended roots, growing down from cups? Thank you for member response/support!!

My personal success started when I sprayed for 15 min. then OFF for 90-120 minutes. There is a fine line between "wet" and "moist" and moist is what one wants. Wet will cause a soggy stem and encourage a mold to form. This is especially important when using "turbo cloners" or the equivalent. I have one, love it but I spray 15 mins. then off 180 mins. in it because of the amount of moisture in the lower root area as well as in the dome. The moisture in the dome is the most important factor, keep this moist as much as you can BUT also take the dome off at least once a day (2X is better) and allow the cuttings to get fresh air which also contains the all important CO2 necessary to get those cuttings going...
Sometimes it takes a few days to get your answer, just be patient. We ALL have to find our own "correct" methods and this takes time and a lot of practice with failures to match. We have all had bad things happen and then one day we will stumble on a solution.

Thank you, I've been running it 24/7. as a matter of fact thats turbos catch, the fan so you can run it for longer stretches without getting hot. at the time Im a few weeks from any mother plant, but when I do I will surely pay heed.

Is 15 minutes ON then 15 minutes OFF a good H20 cycle, if I'm using a mini-sprinkler system , with suspended roots, growing down from cups? Thank you for member response/support!!

I set my aeroponic timer for 2 minutes on 15 off. Roots get soaked 3" pot with rockwool is always soaked seems to work for me.
15 minutes on seems like a waste, roots should be soaked in a minute or two. I just read your post I guess not many peeps grow aeroponic.

many thanks, I I will break down and splurge for the better timer, THANKS AGAIN for sharing, this is my 1st run, so far so good. Looks like I may turn my rig into DWC, whatta ya think (compared to AERO)??
I grew up catchin stripers and bluefish, u must b back east.

My understanding of aeroponics is, that there are true aeroponics, which is a high pressure system using a expensive recycle timer capable of spraying down to just a few seconds.

The other version, which I think is relevant for most people using aerocloners and build their own DIY setups, is LP (Low pressure) aeroponics/hybrid NFT (Nutrient film technique). This involves low pressure pumps (usually some 500-1000 GPH) and misters (EZ cloners etc.). Now some people run their setup 24/7 and claim that works well, others use timers, inexpensive ones with 15min intervals, while some even use the expensive recycle timers.

I think using a recycle timer for a LP aero setup is a waste of money. Think about it, what you want is to provide nutrients for the roots aswell as allow them to breathe, meaning you should try to achive a balance between the two. Antoher thing to take into account is the temperature of your water/nutrient solution, the longer you run your pump the higher the temp will go. As long as your setup is NOT high pressure, you will not achieve that fine, oxygenated mist, hence there is no point in running low seconds intervals. What you are actually doing is a hybrid hydro/NFT/aero technique, not true high pressure aeroponics.

Personally for my LP aero setup, I run my timer 15 min on / 30 min off during the day and then 15 min on / 45 off during night cycle. This seems to be working well for me.

Back
Top Bottom