Aeroponics True or False? No such thing as Over Watering?

trichomes

I see that plants grown Aeroponically, can tolerate CONSTANT feeding, via micro sprinklers/misters/foggers. I also read about feeding for a few seconds, then NO feeding for as long as 2 hours. I'd love to see some member feedback on this Purplexing new (hyper-grow) method I've started.

I see that plants grown Aeroponically, can tolerate CONSTANT feeding, via micro sprinklers/misters/foggers. I also read about feeding for a few seconds, then NO feeding for as long as 2 hours. I'd love to see some member feedback on this Purplexing new (hyper-grow) method I've started.

It's not really Aero if the roots are soaked. It basically becomes NFT at that point.

You want a fine atomized mist. We are running 2 seconds on, 4 minutes off.

thank you for clearing that up for me! Am I correct in concluding this NFT vrs. DWC summation: "the difference between NFC and DWC all about moving pumped-water over roots (NFT), opposed to, DWC, in which the water does not constantly move (no water pump, just airstones??)" I'm still learning to weed out the answers vrs. so many theories....cheeers
It's not really Aero if the roots are soaked. It basically becomes NFT at that point.

You want a fine atomized mist. We are running 2 seconds on, 4 minutes off.

Has a concrete answer to feeding cycle v. constant spray been reached? If so was it moved to another thread? I have a few questions myself. In DWC, roots are always in water, so why would it then be bad if the spray was on constantly? Also if in soil, once watered, does the soil not stay wet for at least a day or longer? Perhaps different strains will respond differently to either scenario. I've seen quite a few youtube grows, none of which ever mentioned a feeding cycle, but now I will pay more attention to future tutorials.

you can find all your answers in this site, constant feeding usually done with very fine mist, I went back to soil. if roots are under water, all u need is an airstone and a small airpump. what are you planning (specifically?)thanks for the interest. heres a pic of my current grow.
P6264009.JPG
621TRI.png

Has a concrete answer to feeding cycle v. constant spray been reached? If so was it moved to another thread? I have a few questions myself. In DWC, roots are always in water, so why would it then be bad if the spray was on constantly? Also if in soil, once watered, does the soil not stay wet for at least a day or longer? Perhaps different strains will respond differently to either scenario. I've seen quite a few youtube grows, none of which ever mentioned a feeding cycle, but now I will pay more attention to future tutorials.

aeroponics - I am new Alot of question please help

Here is the link to another thread that I commented on a few hours ago. i posed 2 general questions, gave pics of my plans and a pic of the manifold I built at it's current progress. It's going to be about a $700 box, of which I have about $500 left to spend. Thanks for the help!

Bumpin a 3 year old thread....... I am on a quest to find the answer of watering timing for low pressure Aero. I am hoping EZ Cloner 360 heads- 1 on each side of a 2" neoprene with net cup sitting in a 6" PVC - timer at 15 minutes on, 15 minutes off will suffice.

I guess no one does low pressure Aero?

If you say to search for the answer..... I have but have only found opinions or unsubstantiated info. I have yet to come across a grow journal or a ongoing grow update that validates claims. Also it would be nice to hear if 15 on 15 off works for cloning.

I have a vertical 3 tier 6" PVC with 2 cool tubes running up the venter in a 4x4x8 space I need to convert from current ebb flow mediumless to aero as I don't have a large enough res to hold enough water even when watering the 3 tiers on separate timers and pumps.....

It's cloning you are using the aeroponics for? I don't think there's only one answer. Plenty of people leave the misters on 24/7- others 3 on/10 off- all sorts of time schedules. I think some of the on/off routine comes from the fact that the pump raises the water temps- so from that point of view, unless you have a chiller going, the more the pump is off -the better.

Wanting to make both the clone/veg and flowering Aero as they are practically the same set up. I would have to buy 2 chillers- 1 for veg res and 1 for flower res. That expense would be a killer. My res temp stays at 74 in both res currently with a pump on 24/7 so I should be good on temp.

I can't help you much with it. The only aeroponics I've done so far was an ill fated venture with cloning. I had endemic pythium issues in my plants- I believe I have solved that problem since, and I'll give that cloner another chance soon. In my case- 15on/15off worked fine ( I tried it or something close to it). I also had a few power outages where the power was out for two hours or more. The plants were a bit wilted looking but perked right up as soon as the spray returned. In my aero bucket- even if the misters quit- the roots/stems are sitting in a friendly environment with 100% humidity. I think there is lots of wiggle room re the on/off schedule.

Nice answer(the truth sometimes hurts...). Couple of quick questions... how large is your root chamber? what pressures are you running?
Nozzle and droplet diameters??
Finally.... Nutrient strength.....?
Im Building a rig as we type... Wont say too much ... but my Rooting chamber (bedroom?? lol ) is 550mm X 660mm X 990mm.. so have PLENTY or room...:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom