Aeroponic Reservoirs and Water Usage

Wa-Buds

Does anyone have real life data of how big a water reservoir should be per plant for an aeroponic system?

How much water can be expected to be used daily by plants?

Im setting up a new grow system and am trying to not put in too big a tank nor too small of one. I'll have approximately 96 plants per table, and have seen info ranging from 1/4 gallon to 2 gallons per plant.

Who has a good answer for this?

Thank you!!

I think this is most likely figured based upon the situation. Like available space you have, frequency you can monitor and adjust your system and possibly some others. I also built an Aero from and 18 gal Rubbermaid, half of that will be used for reservoir. My available space dictates that I should only have 4 sites on the lid as I want to make them ladies bushy as hell with FIM, LST then ScrOG. If however I were to go for a SoG setup, I could easily double the amount of sites, maybe more.

Back to the size of our reservoirs. If I had the space for it, I'd use the biggest one i could fit into my setup. A larger res would equate to a more stable environment and the pH or PPM would not shift so severely, however I am not so fortunate. If you use the biggest you can imagine, and let's say there's a day or 2 where the girls drink a hell of a lot more than they eat, this would drag the solution into the acidic side of your range. With a bigger res, you could get away with this for a longer period of time. with a smaller res, you'd need to be nearby more frequently to monitor these fluctuations.

Bigger res Pros;
pH and EC/TDS fluctuations are minimal
Can spend more time away from your site
there is a broader range of available nutes for the plants to individually select what they will have

Bigger res Con;
Mixing miscalculations are more costly

As the plants grow they will drink more and more water. I used a 27gal res as my main and a 5gal bucket as my wash and clean res, back in the day.

P.s. I had 300 or so plants on that system

Back
Top Bottom