Project Grow Room is a go!

indicasloth

Designs have stabilized and the money is in the bank. Ready to order parts! So excited!

Enclosure will be built with 1" PVC and Foylon walls. It will measure 5.3' x 3.75' x 6'. The enclosure will be anchored to pressure treated plywood at the base. If need be, it will also be anchored to the basement ceiling. Foylon will be attached with Wide and Tough Gorilla Tape. Weatherstripping will be placed along the edges. (the big brown box behind the grow is a half wall in the basement.)

lDCZN2i.jpg

83SgWc8.jpg

AVhyTS5.jpg

Intake fan will be a 6" inline 240CFM duct fan filtered with an automotive cabin air filter at the intake.

Exhaust fan will be a Ventech 6" inline fan and carbon filter combo.

Power will be supplied by a 15 A Circuit spliced from the nearby 20 A Bathroom circuit, mounted in an RV electric hook-up.

Lighting will be two Apollo 400 Watt ballasts with wing hoods, swapped between HPS/MH as appropriate.

Controller will be a Raspberry Pi, with relay switched outlets and temp/hum inputs.

ADkmHIg.jpg

5eRWDES.jpg

Grow Containers will be 5 Gallon Food Grade Buckets sitting on milk crates with 6" net pots in the lids. They will have either 2 or 4 mist nozzles depending on mist pattern. They will drain from the bottom, back into the reservoir.

Reservoir will be ~10 gallon in size, sourced locally, and depends on local pricing and availability.

Pump will be an Aquatec 8800 RO Booster pump with an 80/100 Pressure switch and Shurflo RV Accumulator.

R55UCU4.jpg

VkFP7fB.jpg

tSMT9qE.jpg

5nC3jh0.jpg

HVwleLq.jpg

Can't wait to finish up some home repairs, clean the basement and garage and get to work!

Happy Toking!
- Indica Sloth

p.s. I have more detailed costs and parts lists on my blog, but I don't think I am allowed to link to it.

I don't think even 1" PVC will support the weight of all the stuff you plan on hanging from, or putting on the top.. PVC will begin to bend when subjected to the constant pressure from a load... You may need some wood in the top....

The plan is to attach a wood panel to the PVC ceiling, so as to evenly distribute the weight of the lights and ventilation. The ventilation fans will actually be mounted on a half-wall behind the grow tent, so that will reduce some stress on the PVC structure.

Happy Toking!
- Indica Sloth

Back
Top Bottom