1st Time Grow - Amazing Results Already!

PeteG420

After HOURS and HOURS of reading a surfing I think I've got this down. Before I get into it ANY experienced growers know a good nutrient line? Right now I'm just running cloning juice but I need a good brand to use in easily clogged system and PLEASE leave me little WATCH-OUTS that have ruined your seemingly perfect set-up.

Thank to Everyone already for sharing all your failures and success they have given me the insight and motivation I felt I needed to give it a shot.

To anyone reading this who is also a beginner and on the edge of becoming a grower I will make it easy for anyone to male my little box and set-up for about 200$ depending on how much stuff you have lying around.

I've got a small storage tub as a tank and a few pot holding up my sprayer.At the bottom is my cheap little sub pump ($45)that i have hooked up to a cheap rotating sprayer at my hardware store that does little circles(rotating about once every 30 sec). In one of my pots I have a little atomizer I had for a lizard. Its a little fogger that makes a mist and it works great for this aero set-up. I CANNOT stress this little piece enough!! Before I put this in my clones where very slowly gaining roots, now everyday I get up these babies are COOKING.

My storage tote is covered by plywood with circles cut out for the biscuits you get at any hydro shop. To hold the disc in better, block the light better, and to make this system drip better I got the plywood undercoated with black garbage bags. Even if the sprinkler is weak these little drips that the garbage bag drops seem to help. I just cover the clones with solo cups (transparent) and so far the system has changed a few times but this batch of clones is really coming along.

I will post some pictures soon but for now I need a little advice on lighting. My SOG area is really small 4x2 with above five feet from floor to the ceiling. Right now I have a little halogen worklight, a blue and red 125w floodlight, and 4 65w "Plant Lights" they are Floodlights, Oh and I have a large mirror as one whole wall to the room. Is this enough? Im hoping to keep these babies in Veg for about 3 weeks or until at my best guess each hold about 3 oz.

Greetings Pete!

Although I am newer than you, welcome to the forum! I'm also a well read newbie whose problem now is what to do with all of these thriving plants! In all seriousness, I do have a plan, but I got bad seed from the first seller, so when I bought seed from another dealer, I ordered more to account for non-germination. Well, the problem was the first seed source. All of the remaining seeds are now very healthy plants.

Happy Growing,

Alan

Yeah you do need to do something about the light situation alright

Your burning 385 watts plus that halogen work light (200w ?)

You could swap out those put in a 600w HPS (or 400w) and have a load of *Quality* light for them.

Combined with a air cooled hood / cooltube.

or a few LED panels , for your space LED panels make good sense but hey I am a bit biased towards them.

more so their economy

You want at least 50w per sq. ft of light for best effect

Back
Top Bottom