Aeroponics: Questions, Answers, Information

Good morning 420, this is a thread for those interested in Aeroponics. Please feel free to post info and pics relating to aeroponics. Questions and answers are encouraged. Lets see what we can do with this form of hydro.

Re: Aeroponics: Questions/ Answers/ Information

This will be my first attempt at Aeroponics and this is what i have at the moment.

Dewey Mister Aero

Strains

Blue Plug: Sensi seeds Skunk #1 aka Suzy
Purple Plug: Pineapple Chunk aka Patty
Orange Plug: Dinachem aka Karen
Rockwool: PCK x Erdpurt aka Evie

Light: perfect sun 1000 led
Nutrients: AN Sensi 2 part ph perfect, tarantula, piranha, mammoth p, calmag and z7

Basically plants will be in buckets but instead of roots being submerged they will be bathed in water sprayed up from Dewey misters which sit in the bottom of the bucket. Air pumps power the spray inside the buckets. I have pics showing the setup and its pretty simple really. So lets see what this new set up can do.
420-magazine-mobile159114159.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1934982742.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1421150240.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1251501426.jpg
420-magazine-mobile527352125.jpg

Yes they do, ill transfer the little ones to the big buckets on Sunday i think. Tap roots are getting long enough to reach the bottom of the net pots now.

Hey alright I'll join in too!

Dewey offers great products that are ready to grow, that you can use in your own diy or even in other brands of cloners.

Aside from the misters Dewey offers inserts that take the place of neoprene. They can be sterilized easily and used over and over again. I cannot wait to pick some up. PW says seeds can be started in them too with a little piece or grow media if the seed is too small.

One thing I've learned is that the two prong air pump I use will work for cloning purposes but may not be strong enough for flower. For flowering I definitely recommend a commercial pump as it creates more DO levels. I put an airline splitter in with a valve and now have it bubbling a bit more then it was. The roots have taken off since! I'm flowering in a 2gal bucket I use for cloning and the roots are all up in the water. They seem to be very happy and growth is looking gorgeous.

IMG_0669-20170326-23370463.jpg

This is my current cloned and flower buckets.
IMG_0671-20170326-23371060.jpg

Here are some clones roots before being put into coco.

IMAG2741.jpg
IMAG27411.jpg
IMAG27451.jpg
IMAG27433.jpg
IMAG2745_1.jpg
IMAG27493.jpg

Here are my flowering plants roots. I'll take some current pics soon as they have gotten bigger and sit in the rez.

Plants are all looking happy and healthy. Loving the Dewey setup!

Ill be watching, ill switch seedlings over to the big buckets on sunday. Their roots are in the water in the cloner, we'll see soon what 2 misters will do. .

The girls got moved to the big girl buckets. The roots reach down to the bottom of the net pots. Hoping i didnt jump the gun.
420-magazine-mobile524888429.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1995705661.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1030791684.jpg
420-magazine-mobile169025241.jpg

Thanks for creating this thread.

In all my research I sort of subconsciously skip aeroponics stuff when it goes into too much detail.
The basic understanding is there. I'm curious, how do you calculate the nutrients needed if you're - for example - using your set up (one reservoir supplying to 3 grow buckets)? Is it as simple as...there's 4 gallons in the reservoir, use the appropriate amount for 4 gallons and top up when running low?

Actually my setup is each bucket is independant with between 1
Gallon and 1 1/2 gallons of nute solution in each bucket. Im using Dewey Misters which are tubes with a plastic airline fitting at the bottom of the tube. Just above that there is a small hole in the tube, you run an airline from a commercial air pump to the mister in the bucket. As air rushes up the tube it picks up water and atomizes it and sprays the roots with oxygenated nutrient solution.
420-magazine-mobile1319093828.jpg
pump and airline splitter
420-magazine-mobile1204696026.jpg
2 airlines entering the bucket.
420-magazine-mobile1473009856.jpg
2 mister tubes. Its that simple.

I have another splitter coming with 8 outlets so i can run 4 buckets. Eventually i'll have 1 cloner, 2 veg and 4 flower buckets. Ill harvest 1 plant every 4 weeks on a perpetual basis.

I have another splitter coming with 8 outlets so i can run 4 buckets. Eventually i'll have 1 cloner, 2 veg and 4 flower buckets. Ill harvest 1 plant every 4 weeks on a perpetual basis.

How much did the comm. pump set you back if you don't mind me asking?

One of the grow stores here has a GH branded 4 output for $115.

Back
Top Bottom