Aeroponics?

sactown 420

During the flowering stage does the submersible pump need to be on during the dark stage? I generally wouldnt think to water them during the night cycle.
Any advice or experience with this system (Aeroflo) would be much appreciated.
:headbanger:
:adore:

Re: Aeroponics ?'s

do you stop breathing when the lights are out? I don't do hydro, but I would think that just because the lights are out, the plant stops absorbing nutrients.
Vin

I figured as much not to water during the night cycle but w/ aeroflos technology it is to spray the roots in the tubes as the roots hang in the air.
I know now that they are to be sprayed once for 1 hr during the night stage.

Thanks for the responses.....Nice grow urdedpal....bleached buds huh?

^^ And you learn something new everyday :cheesygrinsmiley:

Please feel free to share your garden with us, as we can always use more aeroponic growers!

sactown 420 said:
I figured as much not to water during the night cycle but w/ aeroflos technology it is to spray the roots in the tubes as the roots hang in the air.
I know now that they are to be sprayed once for 1 hr during the night stage.

Thanks for the responses.....Nice grow urdedpal....bleached buds huh?
Thats one technique to keep roots moist. You can also spray for 15 minutes or not at all. I have been doing alot of reading on areoponics and have been considering getting one but the ebb and flows are so freakin easy and cheaper so I just keep on reading.

I was using a drip system myself and then switched to aeroponics.
I've been reading tons and I havent found to many sites that give tons of info on aeroponics. I have stumbled on some and found that this is considered the quickest turn around from start to finish with very high yield.
I read from the manufacturer to spray for 1 hr during night cycle and from Kyle Kushman to spray continuous or at intervals as with this system the roots tend to dry out quicker. They dry out quicker more if you are still running fans & air during night cycle.
The aeroflo doesnt cost to much but I know ebb & flow is hella cheaper than any aeroponic system out there.
Let me know if you decide to swicth and keep me posted on the outcome.

so should i not let the plant in the bubble bucket sit in the water during the dark cycle??... ive NEVER had any ill effects with letting roots staying perpetually wet.... different technique i know ,but isnt it the same principle??
the roots arer misted continually until they hit the water n keep on growin..:hmmmm: ..

Well I know with the aeroponics aeroflo system u are supposed to drop the drain tubes down the further along the cycle gets. So with this said the roots would just hang in the air and would not be in water during the end of the flowering stage. After some more research I really wouldn't see any harm though with the roots just sitting in water. And with your experience with the buckets I am even more convinced that it would be all good.
Aeroflo actually sprays the water below the roots as the roots hang down in the water which causes more oxygen to the roots which is why the system does so well if treated right.

Is anyone still checking this thread? I have been reading up on aeroponics for about a year now. I plan to tailor my grow room around an aeroponics system, and would like to know what you all have found out. Since the last post was in 2006, I figure there must be some new information to be shared or at the very least ideas to try.

I turned off my pump the first night (about 8hrs) with my seedlings in the cloner, they did not like it, several had fell over when I checked on them in the morning. I turned the pump back on, and they recovered pretty quickly.

Now I have set my timer 15 min on, 45 min off during the night cycle. During the day Im runnin 15 on 30 off. Seems to be working well so far..!

Is anyone still checking this thread? I have been reading up on aeroponics for about a year now. I plan to tailor my grow room around an aeroponics system, and would like to know what you all have found out. Since the last post was in 2006, I figure there must be some new information to be shared or at the very least ideas to try.

I'm checking out all aero phonic threads. I'm in dirt country and grow in soil now but after my next crop I believe I'll switch to the GH Areoflo 60 site model.

Back
Top Bottom