Anger issues - Bipolar?

jaerock1984

so ive had anger issues for a few years now 3-4 and sometimes just random little things sets me off.
also my whole family has the problem on my moms side .

I've spent a few nights in holding cells to "calm down for my protection" and police suggested i see a doctor as the one has a bi polar teenager and says i fit the bill to a T.

After hearing this i talked to a crisis councelor at the canadian mental health association and i recieved an appointment with the chief of psychiatry at the major hospital here, after 2 trips now i really feel like i drive an hour to sit in his office while he writes down everything i say, before pushing me out the door 15 mins later when his next appointment appears to be booked?
all hes done is written me 2 prescriptions for pills that dont do shit in fact they have made me suicidal in the past.
3 1/2 weeks after starting the pills on fathers day i almost committed suicide while spending a few hours at the cemetery.

The pills are Seroquil 150mg and when i take them they knock me out within 4 hours and ive actually been caught sleep walking on them doing random shit such as falling down 6 stairs, ive poured a bowl of cereal at 4am and dumped it in the sink and went back to bed while sleep walking, also my roomy has woken up in the morning to find i put food in the oven and went back to bed i guess in a sleep walk?.I also NEED to get at least 15 hours sleep per day on them. If i don't i cannot eat and keep the food down , can barely talk until i get the 15 hours sleep.They should be called "don't make any fucking plans". It is powerful enough that friends i know who do meth used to used it to fall asleep after a binge.

He did ask me my addiction history in our first visit and i told him the 100% truth. I also told him that i smoke cannabis and it really keeps me calm, bad stuff just bounces right off me . When i have not smoked in 3-4 days i get extremely irritable and i am sure i am no fun to live with.

It really sucks and im ashamed to admit this all but i am trying to seek legit help before i do something irreversible.
However i feel like im reaching out to try and get help and i get turned away.
Just wondering if anyone knows if cannabis is a recommended for anger issues ?
how should i approach this when i find a new family doctor ? mine retired last month.
I have filed a complaint with the canadian mental health association about this doctor and my crisis counselor said shes heard that hes not very good.A pill pusher in her words actually.

If anyone has any insight on how i can get help i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks anyone that reads and has any ideas they can share
:lot-o-toke::peace::party::ganjamon:

I realize this is an old thread, and that the OP may not even be around. But this subject hits close to home and I just wanna chime in.

Anger is not a Bipolar issue. It may be a symptom, but, in my experience, it is not indicative.

When I had my breakdown and put myself in a mental hospital, they took a long time trying to determine whether I was bipolar or simply clinically depressed. Turns out I am not bipolar. But I do have anger issues.

Mj is the only thing I can use to quell that anger that does not leave me a sleeping sluggish lump.

Years of cortisol overdose have weakened my tolerance for everyday chaos. This has lead to frustration which leads to anger if things go unresolved (I have a husband, so LOTS of things never get resolved!). The way I deal with it now is staying medicated and some cognitive behavioral exercises. It's better than lorazepam and seroquil, that's for damn sure.

This is an issue for me as well. I am struggling with depression, anger, anxiety and now, panic attacks! The MD's RX's have been problematic. Either I am a walking Zombie, (If I can function at all), they do not help with the problems, cause suicidal thoughts/thinking, or attacks of rage. I have gone several years at a time without using MMJ and my problems coping with life mount up during those periods. Now as a senior citizen, The issue of anxiety and panic attacks have become serious and even some strains of MMJ (usually Sativa) can increase my anxiety or panic attack. It appears, some Indica's are still ok and relax me as well as relieve my RA pain and carpal tunnel symptoms. It is impossible to maintain a steady job now ( forced to resign my last job where I made decent wages after several serious RX drug reactions) with all these issues and SS is way too little to live on. I am now forced to work a minimum wage job( a $30,000 decrease in income) for the first time in my life ,as no one wants to hire a 65 year old maintenance man with a sketchy job history. I am able to work ok for now and I hope I am able to continue for a long time. The medical community should be researching MMJ and helping to guide people who need pain relief and stress/anxiety relief. I lost my job because of the Medical professions reliance on big Pharm's drugs. I have stabilized myself and become reemployed using MMJ. While I think young people who are healthy and stable should avoid all drugs, alcohol, or Cannabis, cannabis is a time proven herbal remedy for so many health conditions and a great substitute for dangerous alcohol or other recreational drugs. For aging persons, increasing medical issues need an alternative to big Pharm's monopoly on approved treatments. I would appreciate hearing what specific and easily available strains work for similar conditions for others. I pray for an end to prohibition.

I know it's long but hear me out...

As a kid with a "unstable" environment (we moved alot) and painful background (bullied at home something you wouldn't believe; which built a lot of suppressed anger/rage. we all have our stories) and the fact I'm a Vet (USMC, Flight line) I've gone through the same of some of the stories I've read here (and more that a care not to admit).
The American V.A. extremely quick to try and label people "Bipolar", "ptsd" and anything else that came remotely close...
(Their main cause for me...because if I want something, I.e. A game and have the money I'd buy it without hesitation... I thought that was just poor money management but no... can't make this "ish" up if I wanted to!..)
At first I struggled a lot. At the time just Transitioned to civilian, constant pain (not every min, but everyday physical pain), couldn't find a Job (Overqualified and physically limited is a "F'd" position to be in). I felt at the time my answer was to drink (not a Fan of alcohol by the way), because it does numb the pain, psychological and physical.
Long story short (and trust it's long and alot of useless prescriptions later) I started to smoke synthetic weed (aka k2,etc and only did it because it was legal), over did it, and was definitely heading downward spiral about to lose it all and realized I needed more.

On Aug 1, 2014 (I will Never forget that date can you tell? .)

I "gave up" on life. I literally begged to die and while on my knees asked God if he's Real, he better get down here or I'm Killing myself... (trust, I was in that severe of psychological torture/exhaustion not to mention the physical side of it)

I got a response...
not audible, but heard "it's gonna be ok, I'm here..." not visible to the naked eye, but I Physically Felt a hug, like that of a Loving Father to a Son. (I still tear up at the memory, best day ever!!.)
(I'm sure someone will say I just lost my mind, that's all you bud, I know it's Real)

Since then I've definitely been reading the Bible learning how to walk, talk and think and now live by a simple "Code", if you will...
Love God will all Mind, Body, and Soul and Love my neighbors as myself.

Don't get me wrong... I still get Frustrated but the Rage, stress and anxiety are Gone. Now I Feel like I live for more than just to wait to die. I want EVERYONE around me to be happy, peaceful and successful without malice and am more than satisfied with that. But again the anger/Rage is Gone. I Focus on today and leave tomorrow's problems for tomorrow.

Jesus Christ is REAL.

I do consume cannabis for pain/chill therapy at times, but being careful not be Dependent of it.

This ISNT ME PUSHING MY FAITH OR ANYTHING ON ANYONE ELSE, SIMPLY WHAT MY EXPERIENCE WAS/IS and saying this is something anyone going thru something (as extreme as I was) "you can't handle" might wanna try. "Prayer" is simply talking to God.

So if your curious just ask Him if he's real, and Wait for a response (really wait, and expect a answer)

Either way I hope my experience helps anyone and if anyone needs/wants to talk im available. As always I'll do my best to communicate and be in Truth, love, patience, mercy and compassion (love thy neighbor as yourself)
so all love from this end..

NewB Grower Going To Need Your Help

I realize this is an old thread, and that the OP may not even be around. But this subject hits close to home and I just wanna chime in.

Anger is not a Bipolar issue. It may be a symptom, but, in my experience, it is not indicative.

When I had my breakdown and put myself in a mental hospital, they took a long time trying to determine whether I was bipolar or simply clinically depressed. Turns out I am not bipolar. But I do have anger issues.

Mj is the only thing I can use to quell that anger that does not leave me a sleeping sluggish lump.

Years of cortisol overdose have weakened my tolerance for everyday chaos. This has lead to frustration which leads to anger if things go unresolved (I have a husband, so LOTS of things never get resolved!). The way I deal with it now is staying medicated and some cognitive behavioral exercises. It's better than lorazepam and seroquil, that's for damn sure.

This is an issue for me as well. I am struggling with depression, anger, anxiety and now, panic attacks! The MD's RX's have been problematic. Either I am a walking Zombie, (If I can function at all), they do not help with the problems, cause suicidal thoughts/thinking, or attacks of rage. I have gone several years at a time without using MMJ and my problems coping with life mount up during those periods. Now as a senior citizen, The issue of anxiety and panic attacks have become serious and even some strains of MMJ (usually Sativa) can increase my anxiety or panic attack. It appears, some Indica's are still ok and relax me as well as relieve my RA pain and carpal tunnel symptoms. It is impossible to maintain a steady job now ( forced to resign my last job where I made decent wages after several serious RX drug reactions) with all these issues and SS is way too little to live on. I am now forced to work a minimum wage job( a $30,000 decrease in income) for the first time in my life ,as no one wants to hire a 65 year old maintenance man with a sketchy job history. I am able to work ok for now and I hope I am able to continue for a long time. The medical community should be researching MMJ and helping to guide people who need pain relief and stress/anxiety relief. I lost my job because of the Medical professions reliance on big Pharm's drugs. I have stabilized myself and become reemployed using MMJ. While I think young people who are healthy and stable should avoid all drugs, alcohol, or Cannabis, cannabis is a time proven herbal remedy for so many health conditions and a great substitute for dangerous alcohol or other recreational drugs. For aging persons, increasing medical issues need an alternative to big Pharm's monopoly on approved treatments. I would appreciate hearing what specific and easily available strains work for similar conditions for others. I pray for an end to prohibition.

I was wondering what strain/s either of you, or anyone else reading this thread, find/use to be the most effective in helping the anger.

Back
Top Bottom