Seeking help for my son

michelle1021

Hello , Im hoping someone can give me some info or suggestions.
hear me out before you criticise me, I have 15 year old son who has NF1,and severe scoliosis, docs just said that he'll need surgery for his back and possibly spinal fusion, his scoliosis is getting worse. He already deals with his pain quieter than he should and I am afraid of the cocktails of pain meds he will need once the surgery takes place could kill him too. I am hoping that someone will understand that HE has chosen to try MJ on his own and that he has found that he can sleep more comfortably (he has a hump on his back) and it helps his migraines as well as relaxing the muscles around his spinal curvature, He doesnt need all the OTC pain pills as much as he used to . I find comfort in this and he as well . I am looking for some HELP! I am hoping to find a compassionate doctor in Washington State that could help without screaming that im a bad parent. I Love my son with all my heart and want to help him,so if youve got ANY idea or know a doc Please feel free to email me Thanx a ton:thanks::

I'm not a parent but I would think if I found any medicine that helped my child cope with and ease their pain or suffering I would risk the "bad parent" label in an attempt to get him what he says works.
If I could not get it legally well....

In 2005 I was dependent on opioids due to pain from Marfan Syndrome, it was ruining my life. I decided to get get off of them which was VERY difficult. I turned to MJ and found it was not addictive. I use it 2-3x's a week and it's 10x better for sleep, relaxation, & pain then any pharm. I do not 'Crave' it and shake from withdrawal like I did with pharms. I am a high level employee with a Fortune 500 company. Used responsibly, I believe it's a natural source for many ill's. Good luck.

^Are you hiring??? lol

Good job kicking the opiates!!

^..thanks! no,...sorry...but I do want to help dispel the myths.

Its clear that u love ur child. It takes a special person to think outside of the box. U could've listened to them and watch ur son gradually become more and more dependent on these meds. I say if it provides relief, that's what's important. And when people try to bad mouth ur parenting, try to educate them. That's what we're all about here is spreading cannabis awareness. One point u may encounter frequently is the "U let ur kid smoke pot?" I'd respond "Yea, and so does his doctor." The main thing I suggest emphasizing os that smoking isn't the only way the meds are administered. They can be ingested in the form of baked good, prepared in oils for cooking. In milk for a beverage, tea as well. That's just to name a few. Then there's the vaporizing. Smoking seems to be the fastest acting and safer method for myself. Salves may be applied to the skin to relieve certain types of aches and pains (or so I'm told). Personally, I think this should be discussed and considered. Ur not alone in ur thinking. I think the holistic approach should be the 1st (in most cases). Here's an article I read that may provide some comfort and reassurance>Medical Marijuana Saved Son's Life. This kid is 10. Good luck. Peace and blessings to u and ur family.

First off you are not a bad Father. Even tough this site doesn't condone underage marijuana use I feel this should be a something discussed. I'm proud of you to have the courage to bring it up. I'm not sure of the laws where you are but I'm pretty sure the patient has be 18 to qualify a medical marijuana card. Is there anything you yourself could qualify for a card yourself till at least he is 18. Any way I pray your child does not have to suffer do to stupid laws, Good luck.

There is a Declaration Of A Person Responsible For A Minor To Participate In Washington Medical Marijuana Program (This form is required in addition to the patient application form if the patient is under 21 years of age.)

Back
Top Bottom