Trying to find a recommending physician

splicer

First, let me tell you a little about my medical history.

I have a severe case of Crohn's disease. I have been through multiple surgeries and have had several feel of my intestines removed. So far they have not been able to bring my symptoms under control, which are primarily severe chronic pain and nausea. Because of my Crohn's disease, I cannot take aspirin, naproxin, or ibuprofen based pain medication, as they aggravate the swelling in my small intestines.

Because of the surgeries, I have also struggled with chronic kidney stones, as the partial removal of my small intestines has so unbalanced my electrolyte intake that I rapidly build oxalate stones. These stones become large enough to require surgery to remove them every twelve months or so. The result of this has been a problem with an overload of acetaminophen (Tylenol) because of the amount of Percoset they had put me on to control pain from the kidney stones. As a result, my liver can no longer tolerate Tylenol in any form.

For pain management, this leaves two options: heavy narcotics (such as Oxycodone) or marijuana. The problem is I can't work while under the influence of oxycodone, and my workplace does random drug testing for marijuana, so that so far has not been an option.

I have been working on convincing my employer to allow the use of medicinal marijuana, provided I have the registration card. So far they have been fairly sympathetic, and if I can find a doctor to sign the forms, there is a good chance this will be a solution for me.

The issue is I have looked high and low for a doctor that will be willing to sign the forms. My regular doctors, while agreeing with me that marijuana is probably the best treatment option, are not willing to risk prosecution by signing their name to the forms. They are willing to help provide documentation and history of my condition, and are willing to work with a doctor that is willing to help me with this.

I understand the risk factors of putting a public statement in this political climate saying that you do, in fact, prescribe marijuana. However, can anyone point me in the right direction? A private message on these forums with some contact information, or some information about a support group that can help me would be extremely appreciated.

I live in Seward, but I am able to travel to anywhere in the Kenai Peninsula or Anchorage area in order to get this taken care of.

Thanks in advance.

I cannot understand why in a Medical Marijuana State such as Alaska you are suffering this problem. I would immediately contact MPP and NORML to ask if they could help.
Good luck my friend.

MPP= Marijuana Policy Project

Back
Top Bottom