Doctor in Vancouver and Portland area?

Strngxndr

since age 4 1/2 almost 5, ive been taking methylphenidate (ritalin/concerta) for ADD, with little side effect. the older i got i noticed i liked myself alot better, and felt alot better, when i wasnt on my medicine. by high school my appetite was often nonexistant. needless to say i was and am a damn twig. around 15, i found weed. between then and my 16th birthday i had stopped taking my medicine altogether. it helped me eat, i got better sleep, and i wasnt such a drone like i felt on every medicine that ive been given for my ADD.
i am coming up on 20 now and i am 5'8" 125lbs. im still on the brink of being considered underweight, im still somewhat antisocial, i have the metabolism of a jackrabbit, and i still have a terrible appetite. my mornings always start with a black hole in my stomach no matter what i ate the night before. my stomach is empty in an hour or two now and its starting to hurt being that empty that fast.. i went and tried a new perscription of daytrana (methylphenidate patch) last year. used a few, forgot about them. i havent regularly taken anything for my ADD for almost 3 years now and the side effects are still present and got somewhat worse.
now, i go to college and have a job. ive never been convicted of any crimes, and dont feel like destroying my future over such a helpful and far, far less dangerous drug than my concerta and daytrana.
if anyone knows of a doctor that may be a little more sympathetic and not just give me a "sir, we dont license people for ADD..." wlllll DUUUUUUUUUUUUUH! thanks THC foundation..

Did you find what you were looking for? I work for a doctor in NW Portland who does medical recommendations for those with chronic conditions or illnesses. If you have any questions please contact me. I'm here to help.

Kristie

Wow.
Just yesterday I was thinking about how the unhelpful aspects of my ADD have been perked up since I have run out of cannabis. (Despite a small dose of Adderall almost everyday)
Today I came across this post saying the " Oregon Health Division is considering allowing medical marijuana to be used to treat Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) under the Oregon Medical Marijuana Act."

The site has many studies of THC for ADD.

Did you find what you were looking for? I work for a doctor in NW Portland who does medical recommendations for those with chronic conditions or illnesses. If you have any questions please contact me. I'm here to help.

Kristie

Hi,
Im new to this site, I live in Vancouver WA, so was wondering if you:

- know about whether PTSD is a prescribable event (i have it documented.)

-know about whether chronic patellar chondromalacia
(i have it too) is prescribable.

-know of docs in vancouver.

thx,

rotation

Back
Top Bottom