Doctor referral in New Jersey

veganchic

Can anyone recommend doctors who will prescribe MM when the laws are set in place? My doctor (neurology) says he will be able to prescribe it but I don't know how cooperative he will be since he is very conservative. I have fibromyalgia/lupus (my doc calls it muscle tissue disease) and it causes me migraines, ulcerative colitis, IBS, anxiety, depression, etc.). I need doctor's names who treat w/compassion in case my doc doesn't follow through. I am SO sick of not getting relief from all the pills, injections, etc. that I have been subject to for the past 12 yrs. I just started doing herb last year after 25 yrs. of not using it. It is the only thing that can help take my mind off of my chronic pain. Thanks.

Bump . Right now I am working on contacting my sisters ex (who has mmj) to get the doc's name who rec's mmj for us who need it . The doctors location that I can remember is around the mullica hill area in south jersey , 20 minute range give or take . He might be in pitman or woodbury but I will get back to you asap

I would call these guy's and get a list of Real Cannabis Evaluation Dr.'s for the State of New Jersey.

Governor Jon Corzine signed the New Jersey Compassionate Use Medical Marijuana Act into law on January 18, 2010. As initially passed, the law was scheduled to take effect in July 2010. However, lawmakers in June amended the legislation at the behest of Republican Gov. Chris Christie to delay the enactment of the law until October 1, 2010.

Good Luck!

Much obliged . +rep for the NJ website . The first one isn't in new jersey yet so I will be using the site recommended by Julie

Hi Branson. Thanks so much for relying. As I'm sure you know by now from Julie's article, no doctor will prescribe MM in NJ until the laws are passed so I am waiting.... and waiting... etc. It's SO ridiculous to me; the government policies re: drugs & alcohol and keeping a plant with medicinal properties withheld and illegal.

Til the law is passed, no MM in NJ... ( So....I'm hanging in there best I can; the pharmaceuticals I am on have the worst side effects and besides help w/anxiety a bit, doesn't do much else. I am currently in process of slowly withdrawing from my antidepressant. (Effexor); perhaps one of the MOST difficult drugs to withdraw from. IT is a beast! It will take months; I have anxiety all over, but I am determined to fight this Effexor out of my system. I read that 40% of first-timers to try & get off of it go back on them. I need emotional support from ppl. I know or strangers are fine too, lol, to not have in and deal w/the tremors, dizziness, brain zaps, anxiety, headaches, body pain, fever, mood swings, etc. that I am suffering with right now. I am on xanax to assist in the anxiety of withdrawal. It is awful. Side effects of these drugs after being taken for so many years are ridiculous. The pharmaceutical companies don't care about humans. (or animals they are tested on) :( In cases where these drugs DO help people with serious medical conditions, I am happy for them. NO one should have to suffer.
I await the day when I can finally use a safe alternative to these poison pills by using a G-d given plant to help reduce the pain of inflammation, IBS, and the stress of living daily with chronic pain, fatigue, anxiety and depression. Thank you for caring everyone!! Thanks again Branson!

Thanks to everyone for your responses. (IM)patiently waiting the day when MM can legally be prescribed to a person suffering health issues in NJ and really, everywhere in the country that can benefit everyone. Peace to all. )

Yea , I'm still going to push for it though , because I think the doctors I've been to know of MMJ Doc's that I can see , idk maybe ill be lucky enough to find one and get prescribed . I was on an anti-depressant (serequil, however its spelled) and stopped taking it and noticed my mood is better without it . Weed offers the help I need for every medical problem I have (because they all relate to what weed can help) and the best part is , I get no negative side effects . the worst that happens is i get a severe case of the munchies . MMJ is the way to go :)

Yes, I will push for it as well when it is legal in NJ. The medical community and governments need to wake up and realize themselves how dangerous these pills are; I'd like to see some of them go thru this withdrawal and see how awful it is; maybe it would change some more minds! I am extremely anxious & jittery and there's only ONE thing that is calming down my nerves during this difficult process. Hopefully I'm in less pain and in a better mood when this stuff is gone from my system; that could take months. Effexor has the nastiest withdrawal symptoms ever. Wish me luck :))

Yes , and I havnt been able to get weed in a while and if i had an MMJ liscense it would make life easier . The movement disorder i have is hell !

Back
Top Bottom