How can I become a patient in need of medical marijuana?

Corporaten45

I've been reading about this and was wondering how do you become a patient that legally can buy weed/medical marijuana??? And would it be allowed in Louisiana??

Re: How can I become a "patient" in need of medical marijuana?

L o u i s i a n a

Bill approved: July 1991

Current status: Still in effect

Highlights: Allows licensed physicians to prescribe marijuana in the cases of glaucoma, cancer chemotherapy, and spastic quadriplegia; makes no provisions for marijuana supply

Bottom line: weak law.. find a licensed doc that'll sign you up and good luck cause there is no provision for a source of medical cannabis. Though you may use it, it's illegal to buy it.. does this make sense?

BlackTurboTeg said:
What about RI they just passed medical here. I thought it was up to 11 states.

Correct you are.. 11 in heaven!

State by state cannabis laws go to:

Marijuana Policy Project | We Change Laws

Read the last line of the most recently published article I could find that speaks to medical marijuana.. it's still 11... Nevada is real close but no cigar yet.

FDA reiterates stance against marijuana for medical purposes

By Baptist Press

2006-04-26 -- WDC Media News

WASHINGTON (BP)--The U.S. Food and Drug Administration again rejected the use of marijuana for medical purposes in a statement released April 20, saying there are “alternative FDA-approved medications in existence for treatment of many of the proposed uses of smoked marijuana.”

Numerous inquiries from Congress prompted the statement, which officials say clarifies the federal government’s intention to continue enforcing laws against marijuana.

The FDA, in bolstering its long-held position, said marijuana meets the three criteria for placement on Schedule 1 of the Controlled Substances Act -- the most restrictive classification of drugs.

“Marijuana has a high potential for abuse, has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States, and has a lack of accepted safety for use under medical supervision,” the statement said. “Furthermore, there is currently sound evidence that smoked marijuana is harmful.”

Two potential repercussions from the statement are that states debating laws permitting the use of marijuana for medical purposes would back down given the federal government’s solid stance against it, and that further efforts to research the potential medical benefits of the drug would lose speed.

Eleven states have enacted laws allowing medical marijuana, but the FDA expressed discontent with such legislation

WDC Media - Real Estate and Investing

After a litle research.. DC is off the list, sorry for the mistake.

But there's nothing like California for medical cannabis acceptance.

What types of chronic pain would allow you to be entitled to medical marijuana? and how long is the jail time if your caught growing ?

Corporaten45 said:
What types of chronic pain would allow you to be entitled to medical marijuana? and how long is the jail time if your caught growing ?

Answer to question 1 - If you're from Texass - none.

Answer to question 2 - If you're from Texass - life.

Good night and good luck.

I hate Texas and the harsh laws here. I know someone who worked for one of the state prisons here and despite what is documented we execute atleast a person a week.

Just as a note, here in MD, if you are charged with posession (I am not sure about growing) and can make a valid claim in court that it is for a medical reason (no reasons are specifically outlined but I have a friend who claimed depression and won) will be fined no more than $100 with no jail time.

where in MD one three? I dont think i could do that in baltimore, even though it would be a valid reason the justice system in the city is phucked

I wish I could provide you guys with some information on this, but I'm a lucky Californian, I suppose. I would check out norml.org to get the latest information on legality and laws surrounding medical marijuana in the other states.

HONU said:
Pinch- I think that site needs to be updated, it says there are no medicinal cannabis laws in Hawaii...

Ahh.. but you and I know better. :cheesygrinsmiley: :peace:

Bill approved: June 1995

OHIO

Highlights: Establishes a medical necessity defense for patients who possess a doctor's note from a physician stating that he/she "would prescribe marijuana to [the] patient if it were legal to do so."

this confuses the hell out of me...someone please explain this to me

mcdowell

mcdowell said:
Bill approved: June 1995

OHIO

Highlights: Establishes a medical necessity defense for patients who possess a doctor's note from a physician stating that he/she "would prescribe marijuana to [the] patient if it were legal to do so."

this confuses the hell out of me...someone please explain this to me

mcdowell

Mr Mc.. if one has a note "recommending" medical cannabis use from an Ohio doctor and one gets charged with pocession in the state of Ohio, one may use "medical necessity" as a legitimate defense in Ohio State Courts.

Simply put.. Ohio recognizes "medical necessity" as a legal defense (while this is yet to be established as a legal defense on the federal court level.)

:cheesygrinsmiley: :peace:

Same as Maryland.

Back
Top Bottom