Ulcerative Colitis in Iowa

G

GrowCoop

Hi,
I'm a 23 year old male (out of Iowa) who was hit with Ulcerative Colitis in January of 2006. I've been off all meds for about 3 months now and have been doing great. However, I've been doing some reading and found that several states specifically state Crohns disease as a reasonable excuse to acquire a license to use/grow marijuana. Perhaps I need to talk to a doctor here in Iowa to find out if I would be eligible for a license. I was mostly just wondering if I might have a chance or not of getting one?

Thanks for any replies!

GrowCoop I'm sorry but its a long shot. While Iowa has rescheduled marijuana from schedule 1 to schedule 2 and this allows for doctors to recommend it, it doesn't protect those same doctors and they can have their licence's revoked for it. Chances are they wont give it to you but I guess it can't hurt to try. Best thing you can do is write your congressmen and senators to ask to vote yes on the next medical marijuana incetive there.

Thanks Spliff..
Thats kinda what I expected to hear. I'm going to talk to my doctor and see what she says about that.

Thanks again!

im also from iowa and in medcinal states I would be considered a canidate (migraines, depression and a few others)

does anyone know when the next bill will go to the senate for iowa? Because even though my neurologist is a good friend, i doubt hes that nice.

Good luck GrowCoop

Thanks sarah...good luck to you too

My progress on getting RX weed in Iowa: None.

lol...maybe somday, huh?

I live in iowa also, i jus moved here from IL, however my eye waz put out when i waz like 15.I smoke bud to stop the pain.The doc told me my eye waz healing very impresive unlike he ever seen(it waz the Mj doc, duh!!!), but i still didnt gain my sight back.I went to a doc at STLU medical center and they said removal of the eye will stop the pain because it wont be ther, in jan 05 i had it taken out no pain for the 1st 3-4months then the pain got worse, now they say its a nerve problum, and u know what i say????? F-IT!!!!! ima smoke my pain away dont give me NO-MAN-MADE-CRAP that'll get me hooked!!!!! SMOKE ON MEDICAL AND PERSONAL MJ USERS:allgood:

Hi! I am from Iowa too, just looking to make some new friends!
hit me up!!

Smoki'mon said:
I live in iowa also, i jus moved here from IL, however my eye waz put out when i waz like 15.I smoke bud to stop the pain.The doc told me my eye waz healing very impresive unlike he ever seen(it waz the Mj doc, duh!!!), but i still didnt gain my sight back.I went to a doc at STLU medical center and they said removal of the eye will stop the pain because it wont be ther, in jan 05 i had it taken out no pain for the 1st 3-4months then the pain got worse, now they say its a nerve problum, and u know what i say????? F-IT!!!!! ima smoke my pain away dont give me NO-MAN-MADE-CRAP that'll get me hooked!!!!! SMOKE ON MEDICAL AND PERSONAL MJ USERS:allgood:
where do you live in iowa

Back
Top Bottom