How many hours of light do I need for blooming?

SmokeyMacPot

12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness. 12/12 is the standard cycle for flowering Cannabis plants indoors.

* If you extend the light period by an hour or two (13/11 to 14/10) you can correspondingly extend the flowering period by 10 to 15%. There is an added bulk that makes up for the extended time but the buds may be a bit leafier.
* Any attempts to use a cycle that does not add up to 24 hours should be considered very experimental as it goes against the natural rhythm that all living things have evolved with.
* Some equatorial based varieties may not be light cycle triggered at all. This means that they are used to growing under 12/12 all the time and will flower (and finish) when they are good and ready.

Author: administrator

Hey people, im very new to all this of growing and this posts so i hope to find some help here. I will be growing outdoors, yesterday i planted the seeds into a big pot, i have alot of questions hopefully someone has the patience to help me out, the seeds i planted them into already wet soil of course, in the process of the seed germanitaing i have to keep watering the soil? Also how much light should be getting, would it benefit if i put it under those regular white saving energy light bulbs? I planted around 20 seeds, today i saw a video of germinating the seeds with a cup of water im trying that as well...at night im bringing them inside, is that good? At which point should they go outside planted where they"re going to be? Sorry i sound very ignorant in this topic as i said i just started learring all this and my first seeds were planted two days ago...

Hey people, im very new to all this of growing and this posts so i hope to find some help here. I will be growing outdoors, yesterday i planted the seeds into a big pot, i have alot of questions hopefully someone has the patience to help me out, the seeds i planted them into already wet soil of course, in the process of the seed germanitaing i have to keep watering the soil? Also how much light should be getting, would it benefit if i put it under those regular white saving energy light bulbs? I planted around 20 seeds, today i saw a video of germinating the seeds with a cup of water im trying that as well...at night im bringing them inside, is that good? At which point should they go outside planted where they"re going to be? Sorry i sound very ignorant in this topic as i said i just started learring all this and my first seeds were planted two days ago...

New Member, I am also a new member but I do know you are in the right place. As far as watering your seedlings read all over this forumn and you will see that watering kills more plants then anything else. I also wanted to give them as much love as possible. I found through trial and error, sometimes leave them alone for three days and you will see a lot of growth. Keep watering down to a Have To situation till they get some heighth on them. If you will start at the How to Grow Marijuana listings and read every thread, you will have a wealth of info all in one place. Keep posting and you will get the hang of it. Post me back if this helped or check my first grow in progress.
First Grow and It Shows

Every time this happens I always think of this image 😂:

IMG_5668.jpeg

For veg 16 to 18 hours of light causes good growth. 12/12 is for flowering. I grow mostly sativas and give them 13 hours of dark. In six days they usually starting flowering and then you can tell males from females.

Back
Top Bottom