Leaf Tips Curling Down - Yellow Margins which are Turning into Dark Dead Spots

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
Are the leaf tips curling down, do they have yellow margins which are turning into dark dead spots

Potassium (K)
Potassium is involved in maintaining the water status of the plant and the
tugor pressure of it's cells and the opening and closing of the stomata. Potassium is required in the accumulation and translocation of carbohydrates. Lack of potassium will reduce yield and quality.

Potassium deficiency (K).
Older leaves are initially chlorotic but soon develop dark necrotic lesions
(dead tissue). First apparent on the tips and margins of the leaves. Stem and branches may become weak and easily broken, the plant may also stretch. The plant will become susceptible to disease and toxicity. In addition to appearing to look like iron deficiency, the tips of the leaves curl and the edges burn and die.

Potassium - Too much sodium (Na) displaces K, causing a K deficiency. Sources of high salinity are: baking soda (sodium bicarbonate "pH-up"), too much manure, and the use of water-softening filters (which should not be used). If the problem is Na, flush the soil. K can get locked up from too much Ca or ammonium nitrogen, and possibly cold weather.

K_Decifient_1.jpeg

kdef2.jpeg

Potassium (K) Toxicity
Usually not absorbed excessively by plants. Excess potassium can aggravate the uptake of magnesium, manganese, zinc and iron and effect the availability of calcium.

Author: Nietzsche

I have a blue dream plant and its dying on me ive been growing it since 4 15 12 and i think it a K problem i hav no pics yet help me please its my first plant ever

Yep been there and done this. It amazed me that this is a weed but I have a hell of a time getting it to grow...it just life I guess, at least for now. But I am getting educated and will come back with a vengeance!

Back
Top Bottom