Are Leaf Tips Yellowed and Curled Down?

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
Sulphur (S) deficiency
The initial symptoms are the yellowing of the entire leaf including veins usually starting with the younger leaves. Leaf tips may yellow and curl downward. Sulfur deficiencies are light green fruit or younger leaves with a lack of succulence. Elongated roots and woody stem. Although it's hard to see in figure 19, the upper stems of this plant are purple. Although many varieties of cannabis do get purplish stems, the trait generally extends the entire length of the plant's stem, and not just near the top as in this specimen.
S_Decifient_11.jpeg

Sulphur Toxicity
Leaf size will be reduced and overall growth will be stunted. Leaves yellowing or scorched at edges. Excess may cause early senescence.

Please help me. I'm very worried. Two white widow my three months old. Today are 2 to swoon mode. Top is fainting.What is problem?i am sorry for language

Please help me. I'm very worried. Two white widow my three months old. Today are 2 to swoon mode. Top is fainting.What is problem?i am sorry for language

Wow. Sorry dude, I have no idea what you're asking. But if your plants look like the ones in this picture on this thread, then you already know what you have to do - add sulfur.

Here's what you need to do:

*Fertilize with a hydroponic fertilizer
*Lower the pH to 5.5 to 6
*Add an inorganic sulfur to a fertilizer that contains Epsom salts (magnesium sulfate)

That should help.

In the future, you might want to post some pictures and some better descriptions.

;)

I have a 4 month old plant that has been growing great. The last couple of days all the leaves have shriveld up dried out and the plant is dying. there is no yellow to the plant at all. it has no visablallot of good buds, it has no pests all, the plants around it still look good.....what did I do wrong?

Wow. Sorry dude, I have no idea what you're asking. But if your plants look like the ones in this picture on this thread, then you already know what you have to do - add sulfur.

Here's what you need to do:

*Fertilize with a hydroponic fertilizer
*Lower the pH to 5.5 to 6
*Add an inorganic sulfur to a fertilizer that contains Epsom salts (magnesium sulfate)

That should help.

In the future, you might want to post some pictures and some better descriptions.

;)

this was really useful

Hello all, i have a few pictures for you to check out. the tips of my new leaves are yellow. i also noticed some purple stripes running up my stem, but not all the way from the bottom. some of my shade leaf stems are purplish also.. i checked the ph of my soil and its 7.5, i use tap water that i let stand for at least 3 days but usually i run out of water i let stand and i have to use water fresh out of the tap. i noticed the yellowing of the tips about 4 days ago and starting to notice on some other plants. since i noticed the yellowing i watered once with fert and ph controlled water and also checked the run off and its at a 5.8 - 6.2 area. but i checked the soil later on and its still way higher then the water i put in and the run off. any suggestions? THANKS!

yellowtips3.jpg

yellowtips21.jpg

yellow_tip1.jpg

5.5 - 6.0 for soil imo
6.8 is way too high I have no idea about hydro but I'm sure a Deep Water Culture will appear shortley....

If you had a pH of 5.5 in soil your plant would most likely look alot worse then in the pic above. 6.3 - 6.9 is the ideal pH for soil. Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but 5.5 - 6.0 is a good pH if you're doing a hydro grow?.. Again I'm not 100% sure but i think that's what i've read.

Hello all, i have a few pictures for you to check out. the tips of my new leaves are yellow. i also noticed some purple stripes running up my stem, but not all the way from the bottom. some of my shade leaf stems are purplish also.. i checked the ph of my soil and its 7.5, i use tap water that i let stand for at least 3 days but usually i run out of water i let stand and i have to use water fresh out of the tap. i noticed the yellowing of the tips about 4 days ago and starting to notice on some other plants. since i noticed the yellowing i watered once with fert and ph controlled water and also checked the run off and its at a 5.8 - 6.2 area. but i checked the soil later on and its still way higher then the water i put in and the run off. any suggestions? THANKS!

yellowtips3.jpg

yellowtips21.jpg

yellow_tip1.jpg

Again i'm not 100% sure, but to me it looks like nute burn.

clutch your plants fine nutes are a little high but they will grow into it. cheap sulfur is onion and garlic powder. studebakerman your plants sounds old and wants to die or the pot is to small.

Thanks 303stoner. Now would I add the garlic powder to my water as I water them or mix it in the soil and how much per gallon? Would my plants take in the taste of the garlic?

a tea spoon a gal. I don't have a garlic smell or taste in my first samples I tested. the smell of garlic last about a week or two in the soil I add to a boiled tea of bone and blood meals, and garlic and onion powders. I don't know how well it works dry I think its water soluble .:lot-o-toke:

to much chemicals, mine did the exact same/ flush it for couple days / feed straight water. had exact problem.. there fine know!

make SURE YOU USE CORRECT PH IN WATER!

clutch your plants fine nutes are a little high but they will grow into it. cheap sulfur is onion and garlic powder. studebakerman your plants sounds old and wants to die or the pot is to small.

Thats why I cruise around the forums There is always something new to learn from the growers,Thanks for the sulfur idea first time I heard of it.

Back
Top Bottom