Medicann?'s

devldog2005

Hi! So here's the low down with me, I am not currently an mmj patient, but am seeking information about becoming one through medicann. I have read on the website that I need to bring in documentation of my conditions, this is the problem. I have dealt with my conditions while on active duty in the military, and they refuse to document them so that they don't have to pay me disability when I separate. Because of this I have no "primary care physician". My question is, can I just make an appointment with medicann and talk to the doctor with no documentation, if so how willing to take my word are they?

My conditions are these: chronic back pain, insomnia as well as moderate anxiety. Again I have no documentation of this.

For those of you that are going to tell me not to go in to a clinic if I don't need mmj, please don't. Im not doing this to cheat the system and protect me from the law. I understand what your concerns are and I respect them. I am looking for help from you right now not criticism.

Thanks to all who are willing to offer advise on this issue!

Re: medicann ?'s

Medicann states that they want documentation. Do you have prescribed medications? That would help with Medicann. They don't need to talk to them. How about receipts for doctor's visits? I don't think its all about a primary care physician. When I went to Medicann, there was a room full of people and I didn't see anyone NOT getting their picture taken for their ID. Hope this helps.

I have dealt with my conditions while on active duty in the military, and they refuse to document them so that they don't have to pay me disability when I separate.

Can you not start going to a private doctor on leave (and more often if you can wrangle some off-base time)? I guess you would have to pay for it out of pocket, but it might be worth it both for the MMJ situation and possibly as documentation for a future disability claim.

I have the back pain documented in my med record, but it wasnt by a physician and thats where I'm worried it will be a problem. I havent seen a real doctor in over four years. Do you think the quick note of it in my record will be enough? I have tried only otc drugs, I'm allergic to co***e so I have steered away from many prescription drugs. otc doesnt seem to help though.

P.s. my medical record just says "has back pain" and its not by a physician so I am playing that as not having anything documented. If you think this is enough then let me know.

When I first became a MMJ patient about 4 years ago, I brought in all my medical records, which listed out all my medications, and my diagnosis backed by a MRI scan. My consultation went very smooth, and I have since seen the same doctor (the doctor at the San Jose Medicann is excellent, and very professional) three times.

If you do not have any records, they often refer you to a free medical clinic where you can get properly diagnosed as they are not set up to do a full medical exam at the Medicann office. Some get a 3 month recommendation, and are told to come back after the exam in order to get a full one year (the maximum duration) recommendation.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

I have an apt on tuesday so we shall see, Im not to worried even though i dont have the best paper work, its a pretty ligitimate claim i have going for me.

I don't think you should have a problem. Many people cannot tolerate op***ds well, so MMJ is probably one of the best solutions as it reduces the pain and it is an anti inflammatory (pick a strain with a decent amount of CBDs).

The Medicann office(s) I visited were not any thing like what was on 60 Minutes, where people were joking around at what maladies they were going to tell the doctor about, and were all young. When I visited the office, there was a decent mix of all ages, especially older and handicapped persons, and the mood was like a normal doctor's office.

no problems at all, medicann was quick and simple. very nice people and very good service!

oh, and i got my recommendation!!:yummy::yummy:

devldog2005 - I tried to PM you, but my post count is not high enough. As a former Marine myself, your story seems to parallel mine. Could you post some of the specifics from your visit such as cost, questions asked, and any other stuff that might be helpful to those of us lurking and too scared to ask? If you cannot post openly, could you PM me?

Thanks again.

Hey I just got the email saying you replied to my thread about medicann.

Who were you with in the Marines and all the other general questions!!?

I was with 3BN 4MAR as and 0351 and got out just this April, I'm actually still on terminal for another two weeks... but dont tell anyone!!! lol!

Ok so here is what happened at medicann:

I took in my medical record, its big and intimidating, even though there really isnt much in there. I only had one complaint about my back I there and some shoulder pain and something small about sleep trouble. Overall though, there is really nothing in my record.

I paid the fee and showed them proof of my military service. For my proof I used my I.D. but if you have your dd214 handy they accept that as well. Because of my military service I got a discounted rate of either $80 or $90, I dont quite remember which it was, but it was under $100 and I paid in cash. They also accept credit or check as well, but I was being timid and didnt want a paper trail!

Make sure you take in something military, the fee is like $150 for new patients without the military discount!!

from there I waited in the waiting room until the Dr. was ready. It's a pretty peaceful place, lots of documents on alternative medicine if your interested in learning while you wait.

The Dr. took me back into the office and we sat down and just talked. I told her about my back hurting and my sleep problems, she asked if it was in my record and I told her that there was just a brief statement about the issues in my record. I told her my unit didnt want to realize that I was hurt because then they would have to not make me go to the field and stuff. She said ok and talked with me some more about my ailments. She just asked questions about how I dealt with them, how often they hurt and other things of that nature. It was a pressure less situation.

After the evaluation, they took copies of the few pages in my record so that they had some kind of documentation, I think it was to cover their ass over writing false recommendations or something. Then they took my picture and gave me my recommendation paper work, told me when I had to renew and all of that admin stuff. Then I was on my way!

I got my card in the mail like a week later. I havent been to any clubs yet to pick up anything, I just get mine from friends and all. I did verify that I was a patient on the medicann website though just to make sure that everything was legitimate.

I hope that helps, if you have anymore questions feel free to hit me up.

Oh, they didnt seem to concerned on the extent of your ailment, just that you had one, but make sure to follow the continuing care instructions and all that!
:rollit:

Back
Top Bottom