Anyone else get busted selling MMJ yet?

Pizza

New guy here looking for advice!

I recently got busted "selling" MMJ to an under cover. I think since I didn't ask for a card over the phone is what made it "illegal" as I usually check in person or people just send it anyway.

I am facing serious charges with all this bullshit and was wondering if anyone on here has had the same happen to them?

count 1: paraphernalia
count 2: transport
count 3: Misconduct with weapons x2
count 4: Marijuana charge x2

I didn't think I was doing anything wrong asking for a "donation" but apparently that is illegal, yet I still see craigslist ads up doing the same thing. The UC told me that there would be no weapons charges, but there they are. I have my ccw and am a responsible gun owner since I was 18. I am ex military and a pretty stand up guy/citizen.

What happened was, I got a text asking for 2 zips ( nothing our of the ordinary and is the legal limit for patients ) so I said ok to xxx price, told him where to meet but got pulled over by a marked car before we could meet. They saw the mmj in the car and took me out and put in handcuffs while asking if I had a card, they also found my pistol. They asked me a bunch of questions about the gun ( it's for self defense nothing more ) and the MMJ, which I told them it was for personal ( even though I was "meeting" someone ).

From there they told me they were going to get a warrant and raid my house. They found two more guns and a little under a lb of MMJ. I will never get my car or guns back now as well as the $1300 they seized.

Bill Montgomery can fuck off for what he is doing to this VOTER approved bill.

My trial is 2/7 of next year, so any helpful tips/experience would be extremely helpful.

Thanks in advance and have a great day!

Yes, I think they may have followed me home before or something. They pulled me over with a black and white, then the under cover came and talked to me. I was unaware he was the person who texted me until he told me.

Sounds like a sticky spot. One point, though about the weapons. AZ MMJ law may attempt to prohibit cardholders from possessing firearms. However, this law is blatantly unconstitutional. The reason for this is that they are effectively saying that because you use medicine, your life isn't as important as everyone else's. They also can't just say presumptively that you would be too impaired to exercise good judgement and, in any case, off-duty cops go out drinking while armed all the time!
I am not a lawyer, just a well read layperson, but I suggest you find a lawyer who also sees my point and make this situation all about the infringement of your right to bear arms, which is a far worse crime than anything you may have done wrong here. One thing I have learned from dealing with arrests, is if you make a big stink and have a decent lawyer, you can easily get off the hook for a nonviolent misdemeanor. I also know from personal experience that you can get confiscated guns back from the police; I have done it before.

Back
Top Bottom