Autoflowers not flowering

xwwx

Hey guys, I'm having some issues with some bubblicious and jock horror autoflowers I bought from nirvana seed bank. Im growing in a soil medium, with a 400 watt hps light. I planted about 3 months ago, and the plants seem to be growing great in veg. Nice thick stalks, lots of nodes, but they dont seem to be flowering. I guess this is a common problem, but I am wondering what I can do to possibly force them into flowering.

Customer service from nirvana said switching to 12 12 will not force them to go into flowering, and I just have to wait until they decide to. However a friend suggested I do 3 days dark to force them into flowering, which I have never heard before. Can anyone who has grown with autoflowers before give me some advice on what I should do? If they dont start flowering soon, im not sure I will have enough space, they have completely taken over my closet lol. :thanks: for any responses I get!

Hey There XWWX, I have had many auto questions here at the 420 forums but have found little to no help on the matter from any "live" help but there is a bit of info to be found but you will need to dig around a bit....I too have a few autos not doing there thing and have found on another site to just switch your lighting to 12/12 and it will force bloom it? My question with that is I have read that 12/12 is not helpful to the Autos and can you switch back to 18/6 after the flower or will they revert back to veg?and how will it effect those that have went auto and are in bloom?.....Good luck on your search man!

P.S. I just read you got your seeds from nirvana? ....I have read a lot of reports that their Autos are questionable? and to watch for males when you purchase the feminized seeds...I hope this is an error cause I had planned on ordering my next batch from them.

Last I checked they stopped selling AFs for a bit because there was a lot of quality issues and they did not want to sell bad ones. From what I have read they are making it up to everyone whos bought some, and I hope that will be the case for me if I have to report that they ended badly. I would imagine if your getting regular seeds from them it would be fine, as the price and shipping methods were very nice, and the veg growth was flat out amazing on these I have despite the flowering problems. One seed was a sprouting 24 hours after being put inside rockwool even.

Anyways, thats been my experience with that company thusfar, good luck!

I thought some people did 12/12 from germ with AFs?!
I have never messed with AFs but they seem interesting. Hope you get it resolved soon! :)

Autos are like women and cats... They'll do what they please. I've had the best luck with them under 20/4
They've always performed for me, though a bit on their own schedule.

Just an update on my AFs since it seems there's not much info out there, they have been in flowering for about 2 weeks now and are looking fat, sticky, and delicious. :thumb:

I just put them in 12/12 and started giving them the nute setup I had for bloom, slowly switching it over, and they went into flowering. Im not sure if any of that had anything to do with it, but I figured I should mention it sense its what I did.

Anyways good luck to any other potential growers out there!

I am growing my first AFs, and like you could not find much info. About 3 weeks ago I attempted to force flowers by switching from 18/6 to 12/12 and changing to bloom nutes to no avail. After ~ 10 days, I switched back to 18/6 and veg nutes. That was ~ a month ago.

The good news is that they are doing fine, I probably confused the hell out them as they are not growing as fast as AFs are supposed to, and still no signs of sex.

Now that said, one has the tightest inter-node stacking I have experienced, but at 2 months it is only 8" tall (but growing) whereas it is supposed to be 24-30" by now.

HTH

I ordered from Attitude seed company and they are great. I had numerous questions cause it was my first order ever and they are awesome about customer service and also delivery. I chose not to guarantee my order by paying the extra money and they still made it! Also, from what I have read, they stand by their products they sale and have a pretty good track record......just a suggestion:goodluck:

Yeah PetFlora, I noticed the same thing about the nodes. I had some stretch at begining, but despite that they still have one node literally almost on top of the other.

They currently smell strong (I SWEAR the bubblicious actually smells sweet, and if I like my finger after touching it it tastes like bubblegum. Is this just in my mind? LOL), super sticky, and are looking great. Keep at it, and im sure you will have a wonderful crop once they decide to go into flowering! I also noticed that when it finally went into flowering, only like 2 weeks into it the buds were huge and sugared with trichs. They keep getting fatter and fatter, and frostier, but when I looked with my 100x microscope most looked clear or cloudy. Its my first time actually using a microscope to check trichs tho, so I may not quite know what im seeing, and im basing it on images I found on the web. I plan on waiting til I see some more amber, and then Ill harvest. Im expecting about 1-2 more weeks, which is good cause I need to flush with water anyways. When I do harvest, Ill post some pictures and a final writeup on it. All in all, I have to say Im happy with the product, but next time I may go for regular or buy clones from local dispensary.

Anyways, if theres any questions about my experiences that could help anyone feel free to ask away! This is my 1st "real grow" that I put money into, so Im not the most experianced, but I would be glad to share my experiences with others to help us learn to grow AF's better! I think in theory, they work great. They just need to get the genetic s a tad more stable.

Anyways, good luck and keep growing! :peacetwo:

I read the Joint Doctor interview in Jan Skunk mag. He says to use 20/4 with low Ryder.

Since my strain is Low Ryder #2 X Bubblegum I am going to switch from 18/6, where I have been getting excellent growth, but budding is dragging. Hopefully more light will solve that.

(XWWX) I just saw where you dropped back to 12/12 and then they took off. I will monitor what 20/4 does for a few days. If I don't see more calyx development I'll follow your logic and drop to 12/12.

According to what I am reading you do NOT drop the amount of light for flowering, doing so will actually reduce plant size and yield.

hth

Hey guys, I'm having some issues with some bubblicious and jock horror autoflowers I bought from nirvana seed bank. Im growing in a soil medium, with a 400 watt hps light. I planted about 3 months ago, and the plants seem to be growing great in veg. Nice thick stalks, lots of nodes, but they dont seem to be flowering. I guess this is a common problem, but I am wondering what I can do to possibly force them into flowering.

Customer service from nirvana said switching to 12 12 will not force them to go into flowering, and I just have to wait until they decide to. However a friend suggested I do 3 days dark to force them into flowering, which I have never heard before. Can anyone who has grown with autoflowers before give me some advice on what I should do? If they dont start flowering soon, im not sure I will have enough space, they have completely taken over my closet lol. :thanks: for any responses I get!

xwwx, I wish I'd seen this back in November when you first posted...I too had/have some JH auto's that wouldn't flower. The showed preflowers and all but never kicked in...Everything about the plant said "I'm ready to flower now" but it wouldn't. The seed bank I used said they could do nothing for me and that it was a "known problem"...WTF?

Anyway, after about 9 weeks of veg on the recommended 20/4, I flipped them to 12/12 and about 1 week later they effin' took off!! They just exploded with pistils and doubled in size. I'm on like day 110 or something but it was worth the wait. Trich's look about 20% cloudy so it's getting close. I want one more dose of AN Overdrive then 10-14 days of flush. One of the girls looks like she could be pushing 80 grams....The other closer to 40..

I took a cutting (just for fun) around xmas and put it in a 2 lt hempy...And it is just ridiculous how well it did....I could push her a few more weeks and get close to 1/2 ounce....Not that it has anything to do with your quesion, but next round is going to be all hempy.

peace and sorry for the very late resonse....Don't toss out any of your JH seeds if you still have them...just treat them like regular seeds.

Panic: You took a cutting of an AF and it's growing? Please keep me posted on that. AFs are not supposed to be clonable

Yup...I was trimming one of the Jock Horror AF's up while she was clearly still in VEG mode (week 6-7) and I decided to put one in a 2 lt hempy (soda bottle) with straight perilite....I took the cutting dipped in clonex and stuck it in a rapid rooter then directly in to the perilite and off she went....It is crazy how healthy she is....about 2 weeks after I took the cuting I switched the grow to 12/12 to enduce flower. So now I have 3 girls going and by far the best looking one is the hempy cutting. She's only about 10-12 inches tall but is one solid cola (mini dense foxtails) all the way up...So much sugar the fan leaves are covered. I have the worlds worst camera but I will try to get a picture of her before harvest.

I have a few more JH auto beans and since I know it takes them forever to AF, I plan on taking 4-6 cutting next time and letting them establish roots for a couple of weeks and then flip to 12/12....I'll keep them small because of my small tent footprint but I know I could run a "mini hempy sCrog" with them....I would also bloom out the mother as it would most likely do so on it's own at a later date.

I have NO experience doing this with any other AF stain so I don't recommend it.....But in my case, I'm pumped I tried it and I'm pumped it worked and I'm pumped to go for it again.....BTW, I sampled a small bud last night and it was killer....up, up and away....

peace....

Petflora, no I have not...I am no where near that point in my growing skill level. Someday, when I have more space and a few more harvests under my belt I will start to delve in deeper but for now, I try to keep it simple and green.

peace....

i am having same problem with some barneys farm sweet tooth a/f 7 weeks in .did you change back to 18/6 after they started budding as im a bit un sure what to do.need help plz anyone

Hi all from across the pond in England.. Im new to this site and would like to pick your brains please..

Im not new to the growing scene but im new to the AF growing... I have 2 AK-49's that are about 9-10 weeks old and they are not flowering..there is white calyx hairs at nodes etc but no sign of flower just new growth an continuing..and one is about a foot and a half tall and the other only between 10-12 inchs..apart from that they look really healthy, growing in 10ltr pots in a soil/perlite mix as ive always done, under a 300w dual spectrum cfl at 18/6 in a 4x4x7 tent..ph's in the soil are all right so is the water going in an draining,temp is at a constant 22c and humidity fluctuates between 52-60%...ive heard off people that they are not true AF and to drop to 12-12 to kick them off and theres have gone nuts...but then also not to drop to 12-12 and wait it out as this will effect size an yeild...what do i do?? be gratefull of some advise.. thanks ever so...

Did you change your nutrients to a flowering recipe? If they are true auto-flowering plants the light cycle will not have much effect on it's flowering. Some autos are slow to flower, but they explode once they start. How old are they?

I have a Northern lights big bud auto from world of seeds that is now 33 days old and is super dense and bushy with a flat canopy but no prescription flowers or signs of flower. It's next to a sugarblack rose auto that's in full bloom lookin great. My question is can I switch to 12/12 to bring on flowering? How will it affect my other auto in bloom? Please help.

Back
Top Bottom