Auto seed strange germination

mellayella

Okay so i soaked seed in diluted rhizotonic and moved to paper towel also soaked in same. 3 days later i have 1.5inch tap but the seed husk has detatched completely and baby leaves are opening up but are bleach white. Ive gone ahead an planted but ive exposed the first leaves. Do u guys think this is weird? Never had this before...Reckon i should of submerged the baby leaves too? Heard of great results using root stims to germ so thought ide give it a try. Any input is welcome :thumb::thumb:

3 days is the time my seeds need to pop up when i put them directly into the soil. Next time, soak them a couple of hours in warm water (not boiling! just a little bit warm, you don't want to cook your seeds!) with or without rhizotonics to soften the shell and then put them in soil directly, *without* adding rhizotonic (your light mix or all mix already has what plants needs the first weeks). Keep the soil moist but not oversoaked. That's how I do now, and it has always worked without the need to use germination boosters which - in my experience - do not improve anything in any respect (if you use "real" soil, ie dirt, like me). A few days after germination, if you use light mix, you can add rhizotonics progressively.

soak in a cup of water 24-28 hours . they may float or sink. after 24 hours they usually sink. if they are viable they will crack by then. Then i pop in the soil and in another 24-36 hours they are up.
works every time.
soak the soil good when you drop seeds in the water, then keep soil misty moist ,not soaked. do not over water.
I see so many people having problems with germination and it is the easier thing about the entire grow.
There is no need for a 1.5 inch tap root before you plant. It will grown healthy on its own. I plant them when they crack and barely have any root showing at all.

Back
Top Bottom