Leaves shooting upwards

joca94

Hello all, I'm currently growing Dark Devil Auto that I planted at Saturday, so plants are just a few days old, thou this morning I seem to have an issue, all 3 plants have their first set of leaves shooting upwards, I think it might be overwatering issue as I watered them last night with fitoferts humistart, but the soil was pretty much dry even at 5cm deep, also to note, I'm growing the plants on a balcony, allthou I moved them a bit inside the room so I could take a picture, as balcony is quite small, there is barely any room left xD
I would post some pics but it seems I'm lost on how to do that here :/

The method doesn't quite work on my phone, Il try once I find a good WiFi and upload via laptop. Is it normal for leaves to be going upwards? They are at about 30-45 degrees upwards pointes like \/ but with a lower angle, I can also see second set of leaves growing, but they are growing tad bit slow unlike first set. I will also start a journal once I put easy rider in there also and find some internet to upload pics

Wow, so today when I woke up I had something to see, one of my plants seems to be dying, part of my plants stem is dried out and has browish color, I picked soil a bit to see if the root is dry also but actually its healthy color, so I don't know why 1-2cm of stem is dried out, what can I do to save her?

Wow, so today when I woke up I had something to see, one of my plants seems to be dying, part of my plants stem is dried out and has browish color, I picked soil a bit to see if the root is dry also but actually its healthy color, so I don't know why 1-2cm of stem is dried out, what can I do to save her?

If the little one has damped off, there's not much you can do. Let the pot go to almost dry. Resist digging at the roots.

I apologize for double post, but I saw same brown-goldish color on my other 2 plants, thou it's only on like half a milimeter up to 2 millimeters, can someone tell me what's happening to my plants?

WP_20160625_22_02_42_Pro.jpg

View image in gallery

here are the pics, I managed to find some slow WiFi so it took me couple hours xD

Ok my guess is that it's damping off caused by overwatering. See MajicJim's post. Fluffier soil with perlite in it would be good. Also be careful with seedlings never to get the soil wet- keep it very lightly moist.

I started them in fully organic soil, thought that would be best, thou 2 plants died, that DDA that has half the stem dried off and easy rider which barely germinated and died mysteriously half way through, 2 DDA's are rocking, one is smaller and is growing tad slower, another one is double its size with huge leaves compared to the other, both started growing third set of leaves thou. I can't wait to get home so I can start a journal, inet here is crap

Back
Top Bottom