Auto Growers Unite: A Community Thread

I think it's time we put all the speculation and myths about autoflower to rest. With this thread I'd like to have everyone's ideas and strategies for growing amazing autoflower cannabis plants. Although I'd love to administer this thread myself, the more people that can contribute the better. There are countless growers out there doing their thing, this is a place to share your wares... Come join the discussion and show the world that autoflowering plants are here to stay and here to impress the heck out of the masses of growers who say it's not possible.
With that said I leave this thread open for anyone who has questions, comments or just good Ole 420 banter. Hope to see you all here, keep up the great work 420ers, always great to see you all making the best of best autos in the world.

Here's a taste of what's possible..
20160510_2006553.jpg

20160510_1444222.jpg

KiG Everyone :green_heart:Cheers

Got a front row seat, sweet!

Keep em frosty ya'll

Glad to see you Pennywise, thanks for coming to kick off the autoflower thread. Hope it makes a difference in the community, for new growers and veterans alike. Feel free to show off some pics, or any insights on how to grow autos. I'm making some notes and will try and get things started later today.

KiG :green_heart:

Here's a quick info dump...

Pot size
: for auto flowering strains it's important to start them in the pots they'll finish in. They should be 3-5 gallon pots max, anything more and your wasting space in your grow area. The roots will not likely be able to fill a pot more than 5 gallons in its lifetime. From my experiences I am confident in using 3 gallon/ 12 litre pots. These are you average size pots that you can find at any gardening shop. It's also important to drill many more holes for drainage, this is essential for all cannabis plants. It allows air into the soil/soiless mix aswell as give adequate drainage as to not overwater and drown your roots.

Lighting : for most growers a 24h lights on is not recommended. Even autoflower strains are in need of a rest period, this is when they stretch and develop their roots. Although some will swear that 24h is best, I have not observed this in my own experiences, Nor that of my protégés. I use 19/5 just to be different, since the consensus is 20/4 or 18/6 for auto grows. Full spectrum is always best, if your using cfls (which autos do great under) they should be of mixed spectrum. Using more cool white, 6500k, bulbs during veg and more sift white, 2700k, bulbs in flower. Usually a 2:1 ratio is good to have a good blend of light spectrum. Using LEDs is even better, and mh/hps even more so. Although with the mh/hps your not varying the spectrum like you could with the other methods. But results speak for themselves..

Nutrients : you will be using the same basic principles for autos as you would for photoperiods. The only difference is that you need to amend the schedule to reflect the growth you are witnessing. Autos have 5 phases of growth. Seedlings phase, this is when they're most vulnerable. Only minor nutrient solutions sound he applied if any. They've got enough internal energies to sustain themselves for their first week at least. Vegetation phase is next, this is when you'll be starting nutes like any other cannabis plant. Small doses at first and then ramping up to full feed schedule amounts in the weeks to come. This should be continued until pistils appear. At which point you may change over to bloom nutes right away to initiate flowering sooner or you can wait (like I do) until the Stretch is over and then commence your bloom nutes. Then it's full on flower phase, treat them just like a photoperiod plant and wait for the trichomes to start turning amber. Now that you've found some amber, we're in late flower and it's time to flush out all those nutes we've been putting in. Using a clearing solution will help eliminate those nutes from the media.

Training : I've had lots of experience with training autos, it starts early and goes until vertical growth has stopped. Most people will start with a o'natural grow to get their feet wet in this endeavour. It is recommended however, that you train them to increase potential yield. Topping is a great way to increase the amounts of Colas the plant will have. It's very important to know how your particular strain will handle the stresses inflicted on them. I like to top them at the 14-20 day mark. Giving you 2-4 weeks to train them depending on the strains attributes. Low stress training is probably the easiest way to increase yield. Just be sure to keep things levelled for the best results, evenly sized buds and a flat canopy to use the light most efficiently.

I'm sure I'll think of more stuff to add, but this a start to a thread for folks to learn all about autoflowering cannabis.

KiG everyone :green_heart:cheers

I think it's time we put all the speculation and myths about autoflower to rest. With this thread I'd like to have everyone's ideas and strategies for growing amazing autoflower cannabis plants. Although I'd love to administer this thread myself, the more people that can contribute the better. There are countless growers out there doing their thing, this is a place to share your wares... Come join the discussion and show the world that autoflowering plants are here to stay and here to impress the heck out of the masses of growers who say it's not possible.
With that said I leave this thread open for anyone who has questions, comments or just good Ole 420 banter. Hope to see you all here, keep up the great work 420ers, always great to see you all making the best of best autos in the world.

Here's a taste of what's possible..
20160510_2006553.jpg

20160510_1444222.jpg

KiG Everyone :green_heart:Cheers

I'll be sitting in on this. My first auto sour diesel just broke the surface today, excited to learn!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Snidrajsed this is going to be another great thread. I'm subbed in for sure.
I wanted to share a picture of my favorite girl currently in my grow room.
Strain is Auto Blue Amnesia. The breeder is Ministry of Cannabis.
This picture was taken on day 38 from seed. The breeder says 70 days total.

420-magazine-mobile1511366968.jpg

I've topped this plant at 14 days followed by some lst. She's short being 11 inches but she's packing on the buds. Her sister is almost double the size but doesn't have the bud structure like her just yet.
The one thing I've done different with this plant is I've been giving her bloom nutes and root tonic from rock nutrients during every watering since about 21 days old.
I actually have never fed an auto as much as she's getting.
She's in a 1gal pot start to finish which is getting harder to stay on top of watering. It's every other day currently. If I push for 3 days her leaves are so droopy the slightest touch would knock them right off.
Jeez I remember when I first started growing a few years back I would often see the common question "can you top an autoflower" everyone would say NO back then. Autos have come alone away Snidrajsed! Wish we had these threads back then!

I'll be sitting in on this. My first auto sour diesel just broke the surface today, excited to learn!
Welcome friend, won't be long before you're an expert at this autoflower stuff. Thanks for sharing, I look forward to seeing your little ladies sprout, do you have a journal going?
Snidrajsed this is going to be another great thread. I'm subbed in for sure.
I wanted to share a picture of my favorite girl currently in my grow room.
Strain is Auto Blue Amnesia. The breeder is Ministry of Cannabis.
This picture was taken on day 38 from seed. The breeder says 70 days total.

420-magazine-mobile1511366968.jpg

I've topped this plant at 14 days followed by some lst. She's short being 11 inches but she's packing on the buds. Her sister is almost double the size but doesn't have the bud structure like her just yet.
The one thing I've done different with this plant is I've been giving her bloom nutes and root tonic from rock nutrients during every watering since about 21 days old.
I actually have never fed an auto as much as she's getting.
She's in a 1gal pot start to finish which is getting harder to stay on top of watering. It's every other day currently. If I push for 3 days her leaves are so droopy the slightest touch would knock them right off.
Jeez I remember when I first started growing a few years back I would often see the common question "can you top an autoflower" everyone would say NO back then. Autos have come alone away Snidrajsed! Wish we had these threads back then!
Peoples fear of not knowing is what drove the scepticism about topping autos. Now that there has been countless successes with autos folks are becoming increasingly more daring to see what these plants are actually capable of. So happy to have you all making contributions towards making those fears dissipate. I know how you feel about frequent waterings, I had one drinking 2 litres a day. Gets annoying but it's worth it, that's when you know you've got a super healthy root system. :thanks:

@Snid...It's like you read my auto flowering mind. This information is invaluable and exciting. Reading with a magnifying glass so I don't miss a word. .❤️Blessings to your garden.
Have at it G2heal, so much to learn... What can I say, this is only the beginning of an information filled thread. Stick around I'm sure I'll think of more to share with you all. Till then,

KIG :green_heart:

Just noticed this was your first post, welcome to the community fluorescentC. :welcome: hope your journey with us is full of fun and big buds. And thank you for starting your journey here. Hope we can make your endeavour a realization.

Subbed!

:welcome: I'll check out your 1st grow immediately. Always nice to see new growers get their wings in the crazy cultivation business. Feel free to ask whatever it may be the your unsure of, I'll do my best to answer, and if not I'm sure someone in here has the info you ask about.

420-magazine-mobile707707912.jpg

I just bought this weed and the guy didn't know what strain it was I got this seed out of it and have never out of all my years of growing saw a pokedot seed can you please identifie it

420-magazine-mobile707707912.jpg

I just bought this weed and the guy didn't know what strain it was I got this seed out of it and have never out of all my years of growing saw a pokedot seed can you please identifie it

Unfortunately is impossible, it would be whatever strain you were smoking. If you could ask your mm source they may point you in the right direction. Other than that, it's just like any other seed and impossible to determine the strain or gender. There is only one way to find out brother, GROW it...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Sickkkk ok thanks i just though you might be able to identify it just cause it looks nothing like my white widow seeds

Back
Top Bottom