Topping vs Fimming

Jaystor

Hi I am looking for some help for a decision I have yet to make; to fim or to top

Since autoflowers have destined lifespan, any stress to stunt their growth may be not the best idea and that is what got me into thinking maybe fimming with lst may be better option for autos?

I heard fimming is not as consistent as topping but people with great success on fimming with combination of well-done lst will reward you better than topping.

Any personal experiences/ advices will be appreciated :high-five:

Fimming generates more tops at once, but takes longer than topping also. That's one strike against it for autos. And as you mentioned it's unreliable. I would stick with topping. For me that usually generates a lot of lower branch development so that with LST I still get multiple tops with a single topping.

But I do scrog with photos, not autos. Check out Stinky Snid's journal and post there also. He's done some amazing things with autos including a plant of the month. Stinky Snid's Nursery & Flower Shop - Welcome To My Perpetual Adventure I noticed that he even started a Q&A page with link on the page I just linked.

Back
Top Bottom