If you picked one seed of autoflower? What would it be?

gato

I figure there are several recommends for seed selection, but here is another. I have a Grapefruit C-99 in first flowers. There are also 3 clones from her just rooting. Because I'm putting them into flower small to have some pot to smoke and they'll only make popcorn buds....was considering getting one seed of autoflower to try.

I've not grown much at all indoors and that was years and years ago. If you wanted just one seed of some variety to grow (has to be no/low odor)? What would it be? I've read seed company strain info and some sound pretty decent, but thought to check with people who have experience actually growing them first.

As potent as possible and as heavy yielder as possible. The grow container is a plastic storage bin with dimension of about 15" high x 15" wide x 30" length. So I have to LST it pretty heavily. Figuring it would also need to be Indica or mostly Indica for such a small bin, but don't know much about that also. I'm pretty ignorant about growing. I did outdoor stealth growing, but a couple of feeble indoors tries way back in the 80's.

If you wanted to select one or 2 seeds (not sure of 2 are possible in such a small bin)...what you you pick? Appreciate as many recommendations as possible...from people who've grown them. The seed providers always make theirs sound as good as possible and that is difficult with me to sort.

I see the autoflower strains have improved greatly in potency...which would be a good one for a small bin like that? I currently put them in full sun from a south facing balcony window and they get about 8-9 hrs of direct sunlight....then I already had a 43w twist with 4200 lumens (think that is it) for the clones and the extra hours for the flowering one. I'm very poor, but thought to get another 43w twist and use those 2 and I already have a 1200 lumen twist to add to that.

Think I read here that I need a minimum of 12,000 lumens for a decent grow? Maybe that is or not true? All I know is my budget wont allow me to spend money on LED and HID lights. Can I get an autoflower to suit those conditions and get some decent quantity from it? I have nothing now....so want as quick a harvest as possible.

Thanks...hoping *

Thanks for following blue rust. Maybe some experience person will respond. I know people are probably tired of answering question like this, but it's very difficult trying to sort dozens and dozens of seed offerings from the providers. They make them all sound like they are terrific and really potent and good yielders.

I'm considering one of the Dutch Passion auto's or Mandala's, but being poor means I cannot afford bad choices or ones that don't quite deliver what is advertised.

Maybe Kalichakra..., Think Different (not sure the potency is quite there (mid teens I think).

Such a small space means they have to be kick butt strong and not have odor problem. I know N.Lights, but it doesn't much appeal to me. Maybe auto's aren't for me at all. I sort of like the looks of Satori.

They say ignorance is bliss? Well don't believe them...ignorance sucks!
:)

Thanks

Dutch Passion Autos are very reliable and lots to choose from. I've grown Auto Mazar and Blue Auto Mazar to over 5ft outdoors. Also Budha Magnum which was an Autumn/Winter grow for me grew pretty big....all outdoors off course.

Happy growing :Namaste:

Thanks Bapple....think the Dutch Passion's may look the best in auto's. I saw a photo of Blue Mazar and the yield was very impressive. Very compact and very chunky looking buds. It was topped or LST'ed into a bush...so I was thinking strongly about Blue Mazar.

May I ask about the low odor and was it blueberry fruity?

Ill let you know in 50 days I have aome DINAFEM white widow and blue kush autos gping right now

this has been a message brought to you from Grassachusettes.

Appreciate that Jackofall420....I'm not a WW fan and not read about the Blue Kush yet, but will. The 50 days you mention is fine...maybe you can let me know how they went? I still have to select and order and sprout them....so that will eat up quite a bit of the days mentioned.

BTW
This isn't much relevant to which seeds to select, but thought to add it, due to the small size container they will grow in.

I used severe tie downs on the Grapefruit Cindy and made the growing tip grow in a circle around the inside of the 3gal pot. It would continue growing in that circle, but put into flowering. It currently circles about half way around the inside of the pot rim and so far I've selected about a dozen budding sprouts. The shoots are starting to flower and only 3 to 5 inches long (and tied down also).

So they will no doubt be popcorn buds. Expecting nice potency from Cindy to make up for popcorn sized buds...at least I'm hoping so*

I like how she looks growing in a circle. The plant is kept extremely low growing and fits (with additional LST) well inside a 15 inch tall bin and very open for light exposure. Think I'll use that system on the clones and whatever Auto is chosen.

Incredible bulk auto by dr kripplings my first ever grow they are massive for autos

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Appreciate that Jackofall420....I'm not a WW fan and not read about the Blue Kush yet, but will. The 50 days you mention is fine...maybe you can let me know how they went? I still have to select and order and sprout them....so that will eat up quite a bit of the days mentioned.

BTW
This isn't much relevant to which seeds to select, but thought to add it, due to the small size container they will grow in.

I used severe tie downs on the Grapefruit Cindy and made the growing tip grow in a circle around the inside of the 3gal pot. It would continue growing in that circle, but put into flowering. It currently circles about half way around the inside of the pot rim and so far I've selected about a dozen budding sprouts. The shoots are starting to flower and only 3 to 5 inches long (and tied down also).

So they will no doubt be popcorn buds. Expecting nice potency from Cindy to make up for popcorn sized buds...at least I'm hoping so*

I like how she looks growing in a circle. The plant is kept extremely low growing and fits (with additional LST) well inside a 15 inch tall bin and very open for light exposure. Think I'll use that system on the clones and whatever Auto is chosen.
So you have a pic of that Gato? I'd Ike to see that in action.

Sent from my SM-N920V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Incredible bulk auto by dr kripplings my first ever grow they are massive for autos

Thanks...IBulk was also a strong contender and it is supposed to have the potency to go with it.

to blue rust*
I don't have a means of posting a picture of it...that being extremely poor was no joke. lol not lol

Can say this though...I managed a couple of fruit orchards long ago and learned tree training/custom pruning techniques and was attempting to utilize that with the pot plants. Tie down and circle the pot rim with the central leader is forcing side shoots at every node. She is quite small, but should produce a decent quantity. I would estimate she will finish around a foot tall and should have a dozen shoots....not counting the main cola. All kept growing at the same level. Guess that a sort of SOG system, but a circular one.

Appreciate the responses very much. They have helped the decision process much already. Blue Mazar and a vote for Incredible Bulk are top of the list so far.

:thumb:

blue rust

I made this very crude drawing to show the basic shape....the main stem is coiled at a slight upward angle and twisted around the inside of the pot. I split one cola into 2 shoots at a strategic point in the bend to fill an gap. the side shoots are also being severely tied down and should force growth into the secondary buds....sorry for the crude art work, but it gives the basic idea. I also removed one shoot growing back into the center to keep it mostly open for good light penetration. I learned in tree fruits, that it takes 9 shaded leaves to equal one in direct sunlight.

Well...this may not hold water, but thinking the benefit is that it grows extremely low profile and kept roughly even level across the whole plant without cuts to it. Plus full Light exposure.

Remember I know very little about pot plants...so everything I'm saying may be rubbish. All I know is the plant is kept low and I can have 2 3gal pots inside the 15" tall x 15" wide x 30" long bins (have 2 of them for use). Trying to get more shoots for buds.

As said, that may be not true compared to others systems, but I do like the looks of it too. Like a centipede on it's back and curling around the pot...with legs. All the growth is kept near the diameter of the pot and inside it and still kept very low.

Thanks Bapple....think the Dutch Passion's may look the best in auto's. I saw a photo of Blue Mazar and the yield was very impressive. Very compact and very chunky looking buds. It was topped or LST'ed into a bush...so I was thinking strongly about Blue Mazar.

May I ask about the low odor and was it blueberry fruity?

Hey Gato!

I can't remember anything about how she smelt, because I grew her outdoors and so I am only able to smell my plants when I am quite close to them...but the smoke was very good especially after a 20 day cure.

Sounds like a good choice, look forward to watching the grow....if you start a journal send me an invite :cheer:

Geez....a grow journal? lol I barely can take a clone....besides...too poor to buy a pic phone or even a camera...lol.
Blue Mazar sounds like it might be the choice, but one person said Incredible Bulk is a massive producer and I sort of need that. Maybe I can swing one seed of each.
BTW...
No insult on your knowledge (you obviously know much more than me about growing pot)...I got 4 C-99 seeds from Herbie's FMS and wanted to know if I got the pineapple or not. Found I had the pineapple pheno of C-99 by bunching up the leaves of a cola in cupped hands and sniffing, that revealed the scent. I could easily tell which was the pineapple and which was the grapefruit, even before flowering and while it was still very small.

Thanks

The one thing I found out with growing autos make a mistake and your fucked yield wise like I have 2 bubblegum autos from sweet seeds along with my feminised money maker I got spider mites it's under control but with about 2-3 weeks of damage the money maker can recover much better than the autos as the are already showing pistols so all round I find feminised better but some skilled growers can get unreal results with autos tha Shiznit by short stuff seeds is also a great strain someone got 18 0z of one plant dry and cured one one grow journal I seen

That info IS helpful callumc420. I saw Shiznit listed and did read on it, but will check it out again. 18oz sounds pretty incredible for an auto. Thought I read that auto's don't yield as much as fem seeds, but am ignorant of that. Guess it all depends on grow factors.

I want mine to fit inside the bin dimensions...though I currently use the window mostly and with a 43w twist (using on the clones). The plan was to grow them inside the bin and move the bins to the window. If necessary, all I have to do it put the lid on for security.

Thanks

Getting some reservations on the autos. I sort of like full control...lol

The autos may not be best for my situation. I got a reply for my keeping a mother plant in first flowers and take clones at that stage and an auto might not be the best solution. I could simply use a mother plant in first flowers and clone for small plant flower sticks. The gas lantern technique and it may be the solution and I can avoid the auto ones.

Appreciate the response*

Back
Top Bottom