Do these two look alright? What should I do?

Courtney13

I don't use "fancy" soil, or water. I just tab water and a potting soil from Walmart. Is there a Okay soil I get a walmart also? Money's tight. Also what light bulb should I use when there inside? These are 2 weeks and 3 days old and I think there starting to get top heavy. What's a way I can help this? Can I add more soil without it harming them? Thank you in advance! Please not judgement, it's my first time and it's about trial and error for me lol.

420-magazine-mobile1873337606.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1320710614.jpg
420-magazine-mobile453307225.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Imo that soil looks a little too tight, it needs some perlite or something to help the drainage. As far as light goes you could get away with cfl s for now. Until money becomes available. T5s arent super expensive. Read through some of the grows here you can see what other people have done on a budget. They're getting top heavy because their reaching for the light and stretching. So if you do a cfl put it pretty close. If it's just bag seed you might want to start over if you've got a couple of extra beans.

Sent from my SM-N920V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Imo that soil looks a little too tight, it needs some perlite or something to help the drainage. As far as light goes you could get away with cfl s for now. Until money becomes available. T5s arent super expensive. Read through some of the grows here you can see what other people have done on a budget. They're getting top heavy because their reaching for the light and stretching. So if you do a cfl put it pretty close. If it's just bag seed you might want to start over if you've got a couple of extra beans.

Okay, the leaves were around 2in from soil so I added more. What soil do you suggest that I could pick up at like a walmart, ect? I'll give them light also . Thank you

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Google tobacco mosaic virus. You should keep cigarettes away from your plants. Also since your a smoker(me too so no judgement) wash your hands before you touch your plants. Have you gone into a grow store to check there prices on soils? They are not that much more than Walmart stuff and it will grow much better. You should be able to pick up a bag for about $30.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

It's about time you get those girls into new pots

I have a 32watt (150watt Equivalent) CFL, it cost me 20 bucks from Lowes, you can go to home Depot or whichever but make sure it's blue/cool you want that for the vedge stage is what I was told. For soil I use anything that helps plants from early growth it usually says something like that on the bag that's what I did and it's working great for mine.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Google tobacco mosaic virus. You should keep cigarettes away from your plants. Also since your a smoker(me too so no judgement) wash your hands before you touch your plants. Have you gone into a grow store to check there prices on soils? They are not that much more than Walmart stuff and it will grow much better. You should be able to pick up a bag for about $30.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

oh yeah ... i read up on that muthafucka as i suspected i had a case ... luckily i was wrong but ive seen entire rooms die in days on youtube from that mosaic virusses...

nasty shit if you get it and it spreads like wildfire... so ... good advise :)

Pt

hey courtney,

you can grow weed on low budgets and simple soils and nutes ... but one thing i would advise you to get is a way to check and adjust water pH... it can be low tech like i do with test drops shouldnt cost that much and small bottles of adjuster fluids phup and down it usually takes a few drops ...
my first grow was bagseed in gardencenter 100day ferted potting soil with tapwater ... they did fine till after a while they slowed growing and started to look unhappy ... i ended up with 16 grams of dried hermies and seeds from 2 plants... ok granted they were bagseed and were probably a result of a hermiegenetic trait which they probably took with them ... but i am sure that the right pH wouldnt have hermied and stalled them to hell my tapwater afterwards turned out to be above 8.5 it completely pushed the testdrops to their upperlimmit on their colourreach ...

so regular soil with tomato nutes and ph'ed tapwater under cheap t5's will yield you deacent smoke ...just not much at first ... but their are enough growers outhere that can prove that you can get great yields from basic materials

Learn your strains ... great doctors can still do a great job with crappy tools ... mostly :)

Pt

I'm not sure about walmart, some people use miracle grow and do okay but I'm not sure which kind. I think not the slow release kind though. But I'm truly just going on memory of what I think I've read.

You can use miracle grow with or without time release but miracle grow has allot of nitrogen and in time release version it does it so often. Like every 2 weeks or so for like 60 or 90 days
So you can't use nutrients on your plants if you use

Back
Top Bottom