Leaf problems 2nd week into bloom - Can someone help please?

bigbud1988

Hello everyone, I'm new to this site so some patients would be very much appreciated  i have done a few auto grows before but seem to run into the same problems 2nd week of bloom the first 4 weeks are perfect and couldn't look better but it seems every time starting from week 2 of bloom the leaves start looking bad. I'm not sure what it could be I'm thinking either cal mag? Or possibly damp leaves when lights off and possibly burning on lights on? I'll write a list of the grow.

5x5x5ft grow tent
200w 400w 600w sol digital variable ballast-
Bulbs: 600w metal halide-
600w hps dual spectrum-
Air cooled reflecter.
720m2 rvk 6" rhino filter on variable speed control running half speed.-
Small computer fan blowing air in from outside not sure how much possibly 120m2-
Fans blowing lightly over plants.
Soil: plant magic / 25% perlite mix-
Nutes: plant magic don't usually use many?
Ph: I always put water in at 6.5ph
Water ppm (tap water 250ppm always left to sit for 2 days.
Can start using RO if you think it's better?-
Daytime temp around 24-25°c-
Night temps 19.9°c-
Can't seem to get temps up or is this ok? Always liked 26°c usually.-
Humidity is always high first 4 weeks 80%
Humidity in bloom is around 60%-

I don't feed anything for the first 4 weeks just usually-
Pm root stimulant and bio silicon at around 5ml per litre.
Week 4-5 (first week of bloom when nuggets are 1p sized I add 0.5 of pm bloom but after this I always get the leaf problems so I just usually just water and every 2 or 3 feeds do 0.5ml of bloom as don't want to risk anymore damage. Just seems like the first second week of bloom things start going wrong. I really don't think it's nute as I know exactly what nute burn is as I've had this with previous grows. I water 6 plants around 10 litres once a week? I'm confident my temps are to low and the leaves could be getting wet on lights off then burning on lights on? Or possibly a slight nitrogen and or need some cal mag which I've just ordered.

I hope I've given enough information for people to help and I'll add pictures. Sorry it's my first time posting so hope it's ok.
Appreciate anyone's help. Many thanks-

420-magazine-mobile120418479.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1274551012.jpg
420-magazine-mobile572995247.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1494514582.jpg
--------

Hello really appreciate you getting back to me. No I haven't tried cal mag but I have ordered some so will give this a try. It always seems to happen as soon as the plant goes into bloom. The whole vegative stage I couldn't want better but goes downhill around the 5th week lol. Could it be the leaves getting damp with lights off then burning under the intense light obviously not the heat as I'm only at 25°c max. Thanks :)

Maybe by me adding 0.5ml of plant magic bloom at ph6.5 could be causing it? Surely not though as there is no sign of nute burn. I'm convinced it's probably defincy of some sort

Hello really appreciate you getting back to me. No I haven't tried cal mag but I have ordered some so will give this a try. It always seems to happen as soon as the plant goes into bloom. The whole vegative stage I couldn't want better but goes downhill around the 5th week lol. Could it be the leaves getting damp with lights off then burning under the intense light obviously not the heat as I'm only at 25°c max. Thanks :)
Our girls need magnesium, you should be getting enough calcium from the tap water. You could give epsom salts, but cal mag is faster. I have had the same problem. They should perk up after the​y get cal mag.

I think your plants are just starving. There may be some soil mixes that can make it all the way to harvest without adding nutrients in bloom, but most people feed more during flowering. The calmag will help boost the nitrogen levels, though the yellow leaves won't get green again. Keep in mind that the green foliage is what you have left to work with now- sort of like it's a smaller plant than before.
You might want to try upping the bloom nutes during flowering. If you aren't sure about this- then try it on a few of your plants and keep the other ones fed light to compare to.
I was unclear what you meant by you fed '0.5 of plant magic', but it looks like the directions call for 2-5 ml per litre.
I don't see any sign of nute burn or light burn.
Good luck. It's always more difficult to sort out the problems once leaves get damaged.

Hello bigbud1988,

What is the pH of the water coming out of the bottom of your pots after you water them? Kushnoj27 helped with our grow. It is post #72 in our grow journal.

Felonious Punk's & HashGirl's First Indoor Auto Grow - 2017

If you have to flush the plants, be patient, it takes a lot of water! Your flush is complete when the runoff water has the same pH as the water you are putting in.

Good luck,

Peace. :peace:

Im with Punk on this one. Instead of Adding nutes trying to fix whatever issue at hand you could be causing more problems than you started with.

Flush with 6.2 ph RO water (88 cents Green Cap Gallons at Wally) Flush 2 -3 times . After your last flush see what your runoff ph is. Give your Lady a Couple of days and see how the New growth looks.

If all looks good you can rule out Lights,Nute and Ph problems and start a controlled Feeding program moving forward.

I have to disagree with that. I'd flush if there were any signs of overfeeding, which there aren't, or if you thought there was a ph problem (test runoff first). Ph maybe. But nute burn- no. Mainly they just look way underfed.

It does appear to bea nute lockout issue exspecially at a PH of 6.5

I would flush and wait a day or two and start with nutes again but PH it to 6.0-6.2

Get that Humidity down to 45%

Your temp is good.

Add Cal-Mag as well.

Hello everyone, I'm new to this site so some patients would be very much appreciated  i have done a few auto grows before but seem to run into the same problems 2nd week of bloom the first 4 weeks are perfect and couldn't look better but it seems every time starting from week 2 of bloom the leaves start looking bad. I'm not sure what it could be I'm thinking either cal mag? Or possibly damp leaves when lights off and possibly burning on lights on? I'll write a list of the grow.

5x5x5ft grow tent
200w 400w 600w sol digital variable ballast-
Bulbs: 600w metal halide-
600w hps dual spectrum-
Air cooled reflecter.
720m2 rvk 6" rhino filter on variable speed control running half speed.-
Small computer fan blowing air in from outside not sure how much possibly 120m2-
Fans blowing lightly over plants.
Soil: plant magic / 25% perlite mix-
Nutes: plant magic don't usually use many?
Ph: I always put water in at 6.5ph
Water ppm (tap water 250ppm always left to sit for 2 days.
Can start using RO if you think it's better?-
Daytime temp around 24-25°c-
Night temps 19.9°c-
Can't seem to get temps up or is this ok? Always liked 26°c usually.-
Humidity is always high first 4 weeks 80%
Humidity in bloom is around 60%-

I don't feed anything for the first 4 weeks just usually-
Pm root stimulant and bio silicon at around 5ml per litre.
Week 4-5 (first week of bloom when nuggets are 1p sized I add 0.5 of pm bloom but after this I always get the leaf problems so I just usually just water and every 2 or 3 feeds do 0.5ml of bloom as don't want to risk anymore damage. Just seems like the first second week of bloom things start going wrong. I really don't think it's nute as I know exactly what nute burn is as I've had this with previous grows. I water 6 plants around 10 litres once a week? I'm confident my temps are to low and the leaves could be getting wet on lights off then burning on lights on? Or possibly a slight nitrogen and or need some cal mag which I've just ordered.

I hope I've given enough information for people to help and I'll add pictures. Sorry it's my first time posting so hope it's ok.
Appreciate anyone's help. Many thanks-

420-magazine-mobile120418479.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1274551012.jpg
420-magazine-mobile572995247.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1494514582.jpg
--------
You need cal mag and it seems like the heat is a bit high,with humidity being hard to control at times.

flush your system and wait for a day or 2 for some new good grren growth. and go from there. i had this problem with 1 plant a couple or three months ago. idk what caused it and i cant find anything related to this problem on the internet but after a good flush she survived her flowr stage. goodluck mate

Hello, Thanks for all your replies.
Sorry about the slow response I had to wait for the girls to dry out a little before a water. So i checked the ph last night going in is 6.5ph
And coming out the bottom run off is 6.0ph not sure what this would mean? I've also given them some cal mag at
0.5ml per litre in 10 litres.

I have to disagree with that. I'd flush if there were any signs of overfeeding, which there aren't, or if you thought there was a ph problem (test runoff first). Ph maybe. But nute burn- no. Mainly they just look way underfed.
Hello, Thanks for all your replies.
Sorry about the slow response I had to wait for the girls to dry out a little before a water. So i checked the ph last night going in is 6.5ph
And coming out the bottom run off is 6.0ph not sure what this would mean? I've also given them some cal mag at
0.5ml per litre in 10 litres.

I think your ph range is fine. Just keep feeding between around 6 and 6.5 and you'll be fine. Don't worry about the runoff, unless it's telling you something crazy, which it isn't. Just worry about the ph of what goes in- and the rest should work out fine.
I would up the calmag to about 1 ml/liter.

If you do flush (and I wouldn't personally in your situation -but I could be wrong too - you're getting a whole lot of conflicting advice on this thread and you'll have to weigh it all and decide yourself which way to go ) - anyway, if you do flush because you think you're overfeeding, I wouldn't leave the plants with no food after as advised. The normal routine for problem overfeeding is to flush then feed at half strength after, and don't forget the calmag. Washing the nutrient out of the pot and then leaving the plant with none is ok at harvest, but at this point will just create worse deficiencies. Unless you're in a rich soil mix and figure your flush has only removed a portion of the nutrients.
Google around and see what overfed and nute burned plants look like and check if that's what yours seem like- they have burnt tips, yellow and/or rusty brown and crispy, progressing up the leaves and into the leaf margins.

Underfeeding can look like over feeding, but in general the burnt tips will be a giveaway. There are other details but without writing an essay on it, I think you'd leans more to the first one.

Back
Top Bottom