Advice on autoflowers and photoperiods together

Mariwannna

I need some advice, por favor...

I have five strains growing right now (34 days old) that I thought were all autoflowers (per Original Seed Store's website), but it turns out one of them is feminized photoperiod (Amnesia Molotov). They've all been growing under 2 300w LEDs with a 20/4 light cycle in soil and have all been topped and trained.

My auto strains are Tutankhamon (flowering time 49-56 days), Northern Lights (flowering time 42-56 days), Northern Light Blue (flowering time 70-75 days) and Crystal Meth (flowering time 56-63 days).
My photo strain is Amnesia Molotov (flowering time 63-65 days).

My dilemma is this:

1. Should I move the photo plants to another area and switch them to 12/12 and leave my autos under the LEDs at 20/4? (I have a 1000w HPS I can use but not a whole lot of room for another grow area and heat could be an issue)

2. Should I leave all the plants under the LEDs at 20/4 until the autos are done and then switch to 12/12? (This seems like it would greatly extend the grow and I'd end up with extremely large photo plants)

3. Should I leave all the plants under the LEDs and switch it to 12/12? (Will my autos still produce as much as they would under 20/4?)

Am I missing any options? Has anyone been in this situation and can drop some knowledge?

Any thoughts and comments are much appreciated!

I need some advice, por favor...

I have five strains growing right now (34 days old) that I thought were all autoflowers (per Original Seed Store's website), but it turns out one of them is feminized photoperiod (Amnesia Molotov). They've all been growing under 2 300w LEDs with a 20/4 light cycle in soil and have all been topped and trained.

My auto strains are Tutankhamon (flowering time 49-56 days), Northern Lights (flowering time 42-56 days), Northern Light Blue (flowering time 70-75 days) and Crystal Meth (flowering time 56-63 days).

My dilemma is this:

1. Should I move the photo plants to another area and switch them to 12/12 and leave my autos under the LEDs at 20/4? (I have a 1000w HPS I can use but not a whole lot of room for another grow area and heat could be an issue)

2. Should I leave all the plants under the LEDs at 20/4 until the autos are done and then switch to 12/12? (This seems like it would greatly extend the grow and I'd end up with extremely large photo plants)

3. Should I leave all the plants under the LEDs and switch it to 12/12? (Will my autos still produce as much as they would under 20/4?)

Am I missing any options? Has anyone been in this situation and can drop some knowledge?

Any thoughts and comments are much appreciated!

If it were me, I'd go with option 2. Train the photo if you have to, but don't change the light cycle.

That will more than likely be my next grow. One auto and one photo on 18/6 until the auto is done.

ive done option 2.
it works great in theory, the problem for me was mixing 2 different batches of nutes through the entire grow, and keeping track of said nutes.

you can, up until the autos bloom
I know this is an old thread but I am following it as I have the same exact question! How are Bloom nutes different for flowering autoflowers? I'm curious because I'm growing autoflowers now.

you can, up until the autos bloom

I know this is an old thread but I am following it as I have the same exact question! How are Bloom nutes different for flowering autoflowers? I'm curious because I'm growing autoflowers now.

Most folks use a different formulation (than the vegetative phase) when they're feeding plants that are flowering.

Breeder times are generally optimistic/wrong....the plant is done when you say it is done and that is only known by checking their trichomes with a loupe. The earliest auto I ever harvested was 85 days and, on average, most of my autos go 110 days. I grow under 18/6 so @ 20/4 maybe, just maybe, you finish in 100 days. Not sure where you are or if summer is coming or going, but you are definitely looking at another 2 months on 20/4....(which I recommend keeping since the autos are clearly in the majority) ...so maybe the photo can be put outside to continue as a summer grow? One option you didn't list is culling the photo and giving more space to the autos...

:goodluck:

autos flower automatically, cant control it. by this time, they need flower nutes.
my photos weren't ready for flower, so they still needed veg nutes

Since you decided to mix autos and photos, own it. When your photos need to switch to 12/12, switch the entire room. Yes, you will slightly cut back on potential yield on the autos a bit, but they will still produce just fine under 12/12. Having made that compromise, you will gain all of the production that the photos will bring you, overall giving you a huge gain in product. Take advantage of the auto's ability to produce under ANY light pattern so as to increase the productivity of your operation and give the photos what they need yet still get that fast production from the autos.

I have the exact same thing going on right now. I have 8 plants (all were suppose to be Auto's) but only 7 are. The Seeds Stockers Big Bud turned out to be a photo. I just left it in the tent with the Auto's to keep vegging. So I topped & did a defol on it. My plants are all in 2 gallon pots so the photo probably wont get much bigger until I transplant it before switching to 12/12. I'll switch in about 2 weeks when my Auto's are done.
Since I don't close my tent up all the way with Auto's I'm sure my photo has gotten light leaks. For that reason I just started a 2nd photo plant "Midnite Mass" in case the Big Bud Hermies when I switch to 12/12. If it Hermies I'll cross the Big Bud & Midnite Mass & make me some Midnite Bud seeds for a future grow.
I just wonder if the Buds (after de-seeding) would be any good for making Vape Juice. Guess I'll find out when it's all said & done.

Having the same case here... 2 cream cookies auto, 2 fastberry auto and 1 OG photo. I currently run hydro/mist. I was wondering what to do, since all plants (therefore nuts) are in the same tank. I am in day 4 and currently running 18/6. Should I turn to 20/4 for veg? Should I change to 12/12 once autos are ready to flower?

This is an old thread , i did the same but i mainlined the photo , , if you look into manifold or mainline you can veg until the autos are finished then flower her with 16 tops ;)

Having the same case here... 2 cream cookies auto, 2 fastberry auto and 1 OG photo. I currently run hydro/mist. I was wondering what to do, since all plants (therefore nuts) are in the same tank. I am in day 4 and currently running 18/6. Should I turn to 20/4 for veg? Should I change to 12/12 once autos are ready to flower?
InkedP1090748_LI.jpg

This is an old thread , i did the same but i mainlined the photo , , if you look into manifold or mainline you can veg until the autos are finished then flower her with 16 tops ;)
I could, but I run all plants in one tank, which means the same nuts for all plants. So when autos start flower, I change the nuts to bloom, and that’s for all plants.

Back
Top Bottom