What's up with the popularity of auto strains?

Like everything it varies. The THC range is between 12-20% depending on strain.
The idea of having 4 to 6 crop cycles per year seems like a good idea to me.
The length of cycle also depends on the strain. Dwarf types can easily be finished in 2 months from seed.
Though I like the ones that take 10 weeks, as they can produce a respectable amount.
In my experience they grow a lot faster, not all of them, but generally the hybrid types. Perhaps having 50% more light during the flowering phase, say 18 hours, has a lot to do with it. You could call that a growth efficiency improvement.

The length of cycle also depends on the strain. Dwarf types can easily be finished in 2 months from seed.
Though I like the ones that take 10 weeks, as they can produce a respectable amount.
In my experience they grow a lot faster, not all of them, but generally the hybrid types. Perhaps having 50% more light during the flowering phase, say 18 hours, has a lot to do with it. You could call that a growth efficiency improvement.

Ok. I guess putting 18 hours of light on the flower stage is pretty tight

Any suggestions for good dwarf types?

I may be mistaken but I thought the thc content of the autoflowers is by far the worst con. It came about from somewhere in Russia where a lot of light exists(which is where the 18+hour light schedule came from). All AF(auto-flower) are Ruderals if I'm not mistaken. So your ceiling for thc content is already low. Besides the fact it flowers so short,it also is easier and more reluctant to mold and heat. Making it ideal for a novice grower. I was under the impression if you have the room,having a separate veg tent will be way more beneficial in overall yield than trying to crop multiple AF in a year. I have seen demonicangel I believe grow an AF and it yielded well over an ounce. I just started researching the benefits and I think I will stay away from AF.

I may be mistaken but I thought the thc content of the autoflowers is by far the worst con. It came about from somewhere in Russia where a lot of light exists(which is where the 18+hour light schedule came from). All AF(auto-flower) are Ruderals if I'm not mistaken. So your ceiling for thc content is already low. Besides the fact it flowers so short,it also is easier and more reluctant to mold and heat. Making it ideal for a novice grower. I was under the impression if you have the room,having a separate veg tent will be way more beneficial in overall yield than trying to crop multiple AF in a year. I have seen demonicangel I believe grow an AF and it yielded well over an ounce. I just started researching the benefits and I think I will stay away from AF.

That's what I thought too. I harvest at least once every month with my photo period strain tahoo og .

I can see why people do like these strains to grow. Especially a beginner.

I feel like AF are truly for veteran growers who enjoy a variety of smoke. Yes they are easier to grow so one should believe that a new grower would benefit from it. However,due to the lack of thc and yield,in my opinion those are the two most important factors for novice growers. An advanced grower I think could care less about YIELD. Ofcourse thc content is important,but the taste and variety of different strains is what I think advanced growers seek. AF short flower time allow you to quickly grow different strains and taste what that strain is all about. A new grower should be forced to grow the more difficult shit as to prepare him for the future haha. Like giving out participation trophies to kids who got last place! This is not helpful in the long run!!

Any suggestions for good dwarf types?

I know Royal Dwarf is one, but haven't tried it.
Accidently got a dwarf pheno in a pack of Auto Night Queen. It smells good and has a fair crystal content, so I decided to make a pollen branch on it for seeds. Also crossed it with it's taller sister, to see what affect the cross will have on the next generation. Hopefully the heights will average, at least in some offspring.

Candy kush is my favourite so far, and hopefully the Caramelicious will be delicious.

Back
Top Bottom