60 day Girls Scout

harley04

ok, so very first time grower and I started with a GS autoflower back on July 4th. Being this was my first grow, I am not exactly sure what to expect and the only thing I have used as a guide is what I have read online, which is way too much. So, now that i am approaching 60 days I am really struggling and need some assistance. Here is what I have done so far, and where i am at.

I tried to keep everything as simple as i could being most of what I read was auto-flowers are very low maintenance. I am using a large 5 gallon pot with ample holes for drainage as well as removable bottom. I used a miracle grow pot mix that is very light. At first i just used rainwater i collected and let sit for a few days. Also I started with a 25 watt full spectrum LED light and had it on a 18/6 schedule.

It started off great. The first few weeks it grew thick with no sign of stress or problems. Going into the first 30 days or so, I noticed no flowers were developing and everything I read about this strain was it was seed to harvest in 56-60 days. So, i switched it to 12/12 to promote flowering. I shot up to be almost 3.5 feet tall and about a week and a half ago finally started showing signs if flowers. I never used any nutrients until about a week ago. It wasn't budding so i added about half the recommended dosage of Cactus Bloom to its watering cycle.

So i am fast approaching the 60 day mark and what i have is a very tall somewhat skinny plant with what looks like a lot of flower spindles forming. It has been this way for over 2 weeks now and just doesn't look like it is doing much. It looks healthy, no discoloration of the leaves or anything like that.

Lastly, I recently (like a day ago) replaced the lighting with a 300 watt mars hydro lamp.

I mainly want to know if i am dealing with a loser here or am I just not giving it enuf time or if i need to do something else. Help is appreciated, thanks.

ok, so very first time grower and I started with a GS autoflower back on July 4th. Being this was my first grow, I am not exactly sure what to expect and the only thing I have used as a guide is what I have read online, which is way too much. So, now that i am approaching 60 days I am really struggling and need some assistance. Here is what I have done so far, and where i am at.

I tried to keep everything as simple as i could being most of what I read was auto-flowers are very low maintenance. I am using a large 5 gallon pot with ample holes for drainage as well as removable bottom. I used a miracle grow pot mix that is very light. At first i just used rainwater i collected and let sit for a few days. Also I started with a 25 watt full spectrum LED light and had it on a 18/6 schedule.

It started off great. The first few weeks it grew thick with no sign of stress or problems. Going into the first 30 days or so, I noticed no flowers were developing and everything I read about this strain was it was seed to harvest in 56-60 days. So, i switched it to 12/12 to promote flowering. I shot up to be almost 3.5 feet tall and about a week and a half ago finally started showing signs if flowers. I never used any nutrients until about a week ago. It wasn't budding so i added about half the recommended dosage of Cactus Bloom to its watering cycle.

So i am fast approaching the 60 day mark and what i have is a very tall somewhat skinny plant with what looks like a lot of flower spindles forming. It has been this way for over 2 weeks now and just doesn't look like it is doing much. It looks healthy, no discoloration of the leaves or anything like that.

Lastly, I recently (like a day ago) replaced the lighting with a 300 watt mars hydro lamp.

I mainly want to know if i am dealing with a loser here or am I just not giving it enuf time or if i need to do something else. Help is appreciated, thanks.

There's a couple of things here from what you have said.
1. If it's an Auto, then you don't need to be on a 12/12 light cycle, in fact your flowering may be slow due to the plant not getting enough light, you should be on 18/6 for the life of the plant at a minimum.
2. Although your plant isn't showing signs of deficiency, the reason people feed marijuana isn't to combat deficiencies but to maximise yields and promote faster growth.
3. Somehow I don't think 60 days is really achievable for Cannabis, for an Auto 10-11 weeks is more believable, but that's with using an effective nutrient feeding schedule. The seed companies always seem to exaggerate seed-harvest times scales.

What I'd say is to continue the nutrients, and to just wait. If it's an Auto flowering strain, change your light cycle back to 18/6.

Don't worry, it will all work out mate !

awesome, thank you! Like WebMD, I think I need to stop reading so many things about this. lol. So switching back to 18/6 is ok? I was going to do that but read somewhere it can trick the plant into thinking it's spring again and cause stress. Again, I really need to stop researching so much. lol

Every grower has their own opinions, but what we need to remember is that it's a weed, it will grow !
With Auto's the plant isn't being dictated by a light cycle, so whether or not it's on a 12/12 or an 18/6 it makes no difference to when it flowers.
It's essentially on an internal clock instead, and when the plant gets to a certain age, it automatically switches to flower, that's where the 'Auto' part comes in.
So yeah, crank that bad boy back up to 18/6 or even more if you want (and can afford the leccy), some growers have their Autos on a 24/0 light cycle.
The main things with Autos is to give it a good nutrient schedule, and as much light as you can from seed to flower.

A few plant breeders seem to be crossing a small fast auto variety with taller slower ones to achieve their hybrid seeds. That would explain the following statistics that I've been seeing.

1 in 4 plants will be around 1/2 ounce dry in 8 weeks 'from seed'
1 in 4 plants will be around 1.5 ounce dry in 12 weeks ' '
2 in 4 plants will be around 1 ounce dry in 10 weeks ' '

How's everything going mate ?

ehh, it's been two weeks since i switched to 18/6 and it has some small buds on the top of the plant but everything is turning yellow and dying at the bottom. I'm thinking I messed with it too much in the beginning.

A few plant breeders seem to be crossing a small fast auto variety with taller slower ones to achieve their hybrid seeds. That would explain the following statistics that I've been seeing.

1 in 4 plants will be around 1/2 ounce dry in 8 weeks 'from seed'
1 in 4 plants will be around 1.5 ounce dry in 12 weeks ' '
2 in 4 plants will be around 1 ounce dry in 10 weeks ' '

so where is a good place to order quality seeds?

Can u show us some pics, maybe we can help

420-magazine-mobile1725990715.jpg

When did u add the Mars light
How long did u run it 12/12
And when in 12/12 did it show pistles

i added the mars light about 2 weeks ago, and no nutes added. I read that auto's didn't need that, I know it was incorrect now, like i said still learning. i switched to 12/12 about 60 days in and it started showing pistles shortly after. Pretty much been like this for about 2 weeks now.

If at 60 days you didn't see pistils, I do t think it's an auto

Where did the seeds come from

And you can tell the stretch from lack of lights...the new one should help

If u use a good soil like Fox farm ocean forest, u may not need nutes

If at 60 days you didn't see pistils, I do t think it's an auto

Where did the seeds come from

And you can tell the stretch from lack of lights...the new one should help

If u use a good soil like Fox farm ocean forest, u may not need nutes

royal seeds. said auto fem on the package.
that is what i was thinking.

Back
Top Bottom