Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: CKS Auto Jack Herer - Indoor - Week 11-12

  1. #1
    420 Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Lake Simcoe, ON
    Posts
    119
    Post Thanks / Like

    CKS Auto Jack Herer - Indoor - Week 11-12

    Hey All: Here's a little update on my Autoflower Jack Herer from CKS. Miracle Mix (sterilized potting soil with neutral Ph) in 5 gal cloth pots- 1000 Wt HPS 18/6 - Green Planet nutes. Here's some new photo's, things seem to be coming along nicely.

    They're now in their 4th of 9 weeks into flower and I noticed in the macro pics that I'm starting to get some trichome formation. Excited, I love this point in my plants growth all the work finally coming together.

    My thrip issues seem to be under control after repeated applications of organic insecticidal soap, but I'm going to re-spray every few days til I'm sure just to be safe. I broke my 20X magnifier and the little buggers are too small to see by my old eyeballs. I'm going to give them a hell of a rinse prior to harvest and probably wash the buds to get the residue off.

    One concern that I'd like to throw out there for comment, the leaf edges at the bud sites seem to be getting yellowish at the tips. Nutrient issue? Another damn bug? I'm not sure. Can anybody share their wisdom?


    Blazin Waffle liked this post
     

  2. #2
    420 Member Blazin Waffle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,880
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: CKS Auto Jack Herer - Indoor - Week 11-12

    Are you giving nutes? If so are you adding cal mag as well?
    onewarmguy thanked you for this post
     

    Wild Strain From the Midwest
    Tangerine Dream Auto

    Come take a seat, there is always room!! ~~TLB

  3. #3
    420 Member Blazin Waffle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,880
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: CKS Auto Jack Herer - Indoor - Week 11-12

    onewarmguy, TorturedSoul thanked you for this post
    onewarmguy liked this post
     

    Wild Strain From the Midwest
    Tangerine Dream Auto

    Come take a seat, there is always room!! ~~TLB

  4. #4
    420 Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Lake Simcoe, ON
    Posts
    119
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: CKS Auto Jack Herer - Indoor - Week 11-12

    Quote Originally Posted by Blazin Waffle View Post
    Are you giving nutes? If so are you adding cal mag as well?
    Thanks for stepping up Blazin, I have the same chart. I'm using Pro Cal from Green Planet, same thing (calcium magnesium, iron). 2.6 ml/litre every other watering. The mix contains 8 different nutes, proportions below for 1 litre container, I'm in week 5 of bloom with 4 weeks more to go according to Crop King. I'm also starting to add Terpinator to the mix to encourage trichome formation.



  5. #5
    420 Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Super Wario on Drugs World
    Posts
    892
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: CKS Auto Jack Herer - Indoor - Week 11-12

    Looks like Ca P and maybe K deficiency, garden gypsum will add Ca and S without affecting pH.
    Blazin Waffle, onewarmguy thanked you for this post
    Blazin Waffle liked this post
     

  6. #6
    420 Member Blazin Waffle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,880
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: CKS Auto Jack Herer - Indoor - Week 11-12

    What's your pH?
    That could be why she doesn't suck it up.
    Jack was always finicky in flower for me
    onewarmguy thanked you for this post
    onewarmguy liked this post
     

    Wild Strain From the Midwest
    Tangerine Dream Auto

    Come take a seat, there is always room!! ~~TLB

  7. #7
    420 Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Super Wario on Drugs World
    Posts
    892
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: CKS Auto Jack Herer - Indoor - Week 11-12

    Quote Originally Posted by onewarmguy View Post
    Thanks for stepping up Blazin, I have the same chart. I'm using Pro Cal from Green Planet, same thing (calcium magnesium, iron). 2.6 ml/litre every other watering. The mix contains 8 different nutes, proportions below for 1 litre container, I'm in week 5 of bloom with 4 weeks more to go according to Crop King. I'm also starting to add Terpinator to the mix to encourage trichome formation.


    Those amounts are really strong, I would cut them in half if you are using the whole line, its calling for 56ml per gallon, thats like 1600ppm or more
    Less is more with cannabis, I've had plants go from start to finish with barely any food and look happy, never had a plant look happy with the slightest bit too much of something.

  8. #8
    420 Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Lake Simcoe, ON
    Posts
    119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: CKS Auto Jack Herer - Indoor - Week 11-12

    Quote Originally Posted by Blazin Waffle View Post
    What's your pH?
    That could be why she doesn't suck it up.
    Jack was always finicky in flower for me
    I'm growing in dirt so I always try and keep it around 6.5. I Ph balance with cider vinegar because it tests out around 7.5 out of the tap. learned that lesson in my last grow (damn cheap Ph meters). I reduced my nute levels by 30% with the exception of my pro cal (cal. mag. iron) which I've increased by 20% and she's holding her own and actually might be improving, it's hard to tell cause it's a slow process and I seen them every day. Buds are starting to thicken up and getting sticky. wooohoo!
    Blazin Waffle liked this post
     

  9. #9
    420 Member Blazin Waffle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,880
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: CKS Auto Jack Herer - Indoor - Week 11-12

    Just my experience with photoperiod jack, she really likes cal-mag in flower
    Kill it bro!😎🤙

    Wild Strain From the Midwest
    Tangerine Dream Auto

    Come take a seat, there is always room!! ~~TLB

  10. #10
    420 Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Lake Simcoe, ON
    Posts
    119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: CKS Auto Jack Herer - Indoor - Week 11-12

    Hi folks, I throwing out this SOS on a couple of forums and I'm hoping to get some info. From the looks of things I have a serious problem with a zinc deficiency, and I'm starting to think I may have created a nute lockout when I changed from grow to flower nutrients. In the past 5 days my leaves have gone from photo 1 to photo 2 and my lower leaves are turning yellow and crispy brown. I'm thinking I need to flush does everybody agree? My tap water Ph is about 7.5 and I'm growing in a good potting soil/perlite mix in 5 gal cloth geo pots the girls are in their 5th week of flower (CKS says 9 weeks of flower to harvest). Do I need to ph all 10 gallons of the flush water? How quickly should I complete flushing 1 hour, 1 day? Once flushing is complete, how soon can I add 1/2 strength cal mag and terpinator?
    Photo1



    Photo 2



    Photo 3

    Blazin Waffle, AnimaSola liked this post
     

  11. #11
    420 Member Blazin Waffle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,880
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: CKS Auto Jack Herer - Indoor - Week 11-12

    Flush and get your water more like 6.8
    Flush all at once. Water with half, let set for a couple min and finish.
    Let her dry out completely and then see what she looks like
    onewarmguy thanked you for this post
     

    Wild Strain From the Midwest
    Tangerine Dream Auto

    Come take a seat, there is always room!! ~~TLB

  12. #12
    420 Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    118
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: CKS Auto Jack Herer - Indoor - Week 11-12

    Subbed

  13. #13
    420 Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Super Wario on Drugs World
    Posts
    892
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: CKS Auto Jack Herer - Indoor - Week 11-12

    Quote Originally Posted by onewarmguy View Post
    Hi folks, I throwing out this SOS on a couple of forums and I'm hoping to get some info. From the looks of things I have a serious problem with a zinc deficiency, and I'm starting to think I may have created a nute lockout when I changed from grow to flower nutrients. In the past 5 days my leaves have gone from photo 1 to photo 2 and my lower leaves are turning yellow and crispy brown. I'm thinking I need to flush does everybody agree? My tap water Ph is about 7.5 and I'm growing in a good potting soil/perlite mix in 5 gal cloth geo pots the girls are in their 5th week of flower (CKS says 9 weeks of flower to harvest). Do I need to ph all 10 gallons of the flush water? How quickly should I complete flushing 1 hour, 1 day? Once flushing is complete, how soon can I add 1/2 strength cal mag and terpinator?
    Photo1



    Photo 2



    Photo 3

    Looks more like a deficiency than something that needs flushed, if I flushed it I would do it with 1/2 strength nute water and just water till heavy runoff. What media and nutes/amount are you using?
    Why I say that, is when it's nute burn or toxicity all of the leaves usually wilt and claw, your top leaves are not clawing.
    Looks to be Ca, P, and K deficiencies, could be nute lockout but no way to know without your watering/fertilizer regimen.
    onewarmguy thanked you for this post
     

  14. #14
    420 Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Lake Simcoe, ON
    Posts
    119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: CKS Auto Jack Herer - Indoor - Week 11-12

    Quote Originally Posted by Luweedgi View Post
    Looks more like a deficiency than something that needs flushed, if I flushed it I would do it with 1/2 strength nute water and just water till heavy runoff. What media and nutes/amount are you using?
    Why I say that, is when it's nute burn or toxicity all of the leaves usually wilt and claw, your top leaves are not clawing.
    Looks to be Ca, P, and K deficiencies, could be nute lockout but no way to know without your watering/fertilizer regimen.
    Thanks Luweedgi, This whole problem started shortly after I switched my Green Planet (GP) nutes from veg to flower stage the schedule is shown above on this post but someone else has said that my nute levels were over 1800 PPM. I've been adding the GP equivalent of cal mag every other watering. It's not in the photo's but some of the sugar leaves from the top cola are yellowing and clawing up. In any event, I flushed this afternoon with about 8 or 9 gallons of distilled water ph'd to 6.2 or so and trimmed off the worst of the affected leaves hopefully the others will recover. I'm going to let it dry out for 2 or 3 days then add cal mag and terpinator at half strength and see what happens.

    Hopefully she'll come back strong, I'm just starting to see some trichome formation with my naked eye but I've still got about 3 - 4 weeks minimum til I can chop her.
    AnimaSola liked this post
     

  15. #15
    420 Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Lake Simcoe, ON
    Posts
    119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: CKS Auto Jack Herer - Indoor - Week 11-12

    Quote Originally Posted by Blazin Waffle View Post
    Flush and get your water more like 6.8
    Flush all at once. Water with half, let set for a couple min and finish.
    Let her dry out completely and then see what she looks like
    Wish me luck Blazin, I flushed her out with about 8 or 9 gallons of distilled water Ph'd to about 6.2 and trimmed the worst of the affected leaves. Hopefully some of the others will recover, I'll post some more pics in a few days.
    Blazin Waffle thanked you for this post
    Blazin Waffle liked this post
     

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread