Autoflower soil mix from Home Depot

cliftoma

Basically, I don't have many options here for good soil. I would love to have Ocean Forest but the cost/time to deliver to my area is prohibitive. What they have at Home Depot or local compost is pretty much the extent of my access to soil materials. Is there is a soil mix that they sell there that has the right ph/nutrients to get it done? Or, if not, how can I make a good mix of the materials that are found at Home Depot? I bought the Vigor "Prepared soil" mix and my plants seem to be struggling besides otherwise good conditions. Would like to get some other started soon if these flame out so I can finish them in time for my busy work season.

Homedepot has some of the pro-mix lineup. I'm going to try the pro-mix Vegetable and Herb Mix, at $5CDN for 28L it's not a bad price. I would add some perlite and call it done. It already has some fertilzer in it so be careful not to start nutes too early. If anybody has experience with this mix I would love to hear about it.

peace and puffs

Do a search for local hydroponic stores

My "local" hydroponic store is an hour or so away (since one opened up much nearer than before, lol).

BUT... The greenhouse/nursery in the next town over carries Fox Farm products, as does another one about 15 miles north of it.

If you're looking for stuff like this and there isn't a hydroponics store nearby, try visiting other local (and nearly local) greenhouses, nurseries, and the like. The brand has almost become "mainstream" these days. Besides, you just might find other useful products at one of these places, too.

Homedepot has some of the pro-mix lineup. I'm going to try the pro-mix Vegetable and Herb Mix, at $5CDN for 28L it's not a bad price. I would add some perlite and call it done. It already has some fertilzer in it so be careful not to start nutes too early. If anybody has experience with this mix I would love to hear about it.

peace and puffs

I'd agree that would work. I was going to go this route myself but at the last minute I found some plain potting soild and went that way. I think if you thinned the promix with perlite and went easy on the nutes it would be ok.

peace and puffs

If auto you can go entire grow just with little extra cal mag , proper ph and if it's peat moss treat like coco. Feed daily .

Then Flower comes just get a pk booster .

Easy peezy .

Might poor the contents of the bag out on a tarp and take a look for insects right away if buying from such a place as HD.

...or dampen it and stick it into the oven for a while to kill them all. I forget the recommended temperature for sterilizing soil, but a web-search will tell you. Just keep in mind that it'll kill any good critters in there, too (which would probably concern some people).

Back
Top Bottom