Auto Flowering containers

motts

i am planning on starting an auto flowering grow soon. what size containers are the best to use with auto's? i was going to start them in 32 oz styrofoam cups and then transplant them to 2 gallon containers when they sex. do they need that big of a pot or can you get away with a one gallon container since they do not grow as tall as 12/12's

I wouldnt use different containers just plant the seeds directly into your biggest pot. I am growing auto's at the minute and I'm sure transplanting them slowed growth for at least a week

Put them in the biggest pot you can. As soon as you can. No sense repotting all the time. I use 5 gallon cloth pots. I'd use 7 gallon if I could find them. The more dirt .... the more roots ..... the more bud.

actually you need to sonsider whether they are type 1 or type 2 autos (aprx 50 day or 100 day)

for a type 1 i would use a pot half the size of a regular plant and follow the standard rule of the bigger the better for type 2.

type 1 doesnt have time to waste taking its ease growing a massive root structure.

small roots, regular feeds. this gives the plant more time to focus above the soil.

i reccomend air pot style for soil grows for the root pruning and enhanced latteral rooting.

Back
Top Bottom