Can you clone in the flowering stage?

pot2010

Just wondering if you can clone while in the flowering stage. I don't have a separate room to nurse a new clone that's been taken from the veg stage so I need to use the same space after my plant is done drying so clonning from the flowering stage would work perfectly. Will this work?

yes it is known as a flowering clone. it will take longer to root...twice as long but it will work

After the clone roots....will it behave the same way a non flowering clone would root?

Will it grow as fast?

I have tried this once and the plant did not have good results.

The plant will take forever to root and grow new shoots. And when It does it will be some ugly first few leaves. The plant will not yield well by itself BUT you take clones from that plant after t Veg's a while and THOSE plants are grown as normal and they will be great yields.

Once I got two clones for free from the dispensery. I got them for free because the person who brought them in cloned them while they were flowering. I put them under my T5 with my other clones under 24-0 light and the plant did not revert back to vegging. It just sat there not growing for weeks. Finally I took them outside and put them in my greenhouse for a week. That reverted them back to veg and I vegged them for a month before reflowering them. I killed 1 becasuse it was so ugly and such a runt but 1 is still alive and budding tiny little buds. I kept it just to see what the end result would be. It is flowering and producing resin bud the buds look like mutants. The plant is growing very strange because a situation like this would almost never happen normally in nature. I should have just put the little plant under 12-12 from the beginning but I had no idea. Very little bud grew on it. A lot of 1 leafs whatever those are called and all around revegging is a waste of time imho unless you do it outdoors. Otherwise you're just wasting electricity. If you take a clone of a flowering plant don't waste your time trying to reveg it to get it bigger. Just put it under 12-12 from the beginning even if the clone is only 4 or 5 inches tall. You will get more bud that way than if you try to revert it back to vegging and then reflowering it.

The 4 bushy ladies in this photo were cloned early in flower and are doing just dandy.
crew1.jpg

Zilla.. yes they r looking just dandy.Have cloned 100's of flowering cuts.Some r very slow some not depends on the strain an how long into flower they r.My thoughts an experiences.All stay safe.
Godspeed,
DnR

Zilla, Yes they look just dandy INDEED.:rollit:Have cloned 100's of flowering cuts.Depending on how long into flower they r usually depends on how long of recovering time they have and also different strains act differently.But my experiences have been good after i grew patience.LOL well good luck U CAN DO IT:thumb:Just enjoy what ur doing.all stay safe.
Godspeed,
DnR

ya you can clone on flower stage no problem an dont leave it on 24 hours of light do 18/6 the plants need the dark to grow another key thing to rooting clones is making sure your res temp is at least 82 deg

Im afraid Im way late into flowering.........EVERY branch has buds on it-should I leave it alone and clone next time during veg?

I took two clones off an outdoor plant just before harvesting her. They took about a week to root for me, in plain rainwater using root plugs.

They are now on 18/6 light schedule vegging, and the leaves are going to town. They will look very very wierd at first, but will start looking normal as it grows out. They will be slow at first, there are lots of changes going in that plants system, so be patient. I have done this before and had a very healthy harvest.

Here's what they looked like at first after about a week in the solo cups, the two on the right:

10-27_24.jpg

Here's what they look like now, couple of weeks later:

11-12_7.jpg

11-12_6.jpg

Generally they just get increasingly harder to clone as flowering progresses. Clones taken in the first few weeks of flowering are pretty reliable. As it gets further along into flowering I just aim to reveg the plant, which I've generally found to be pretty easy and painless to do.

I took two clones off an outdoor plant just before harvesting her. They took about a week to root for me, in plain rainwater using root plugs.

They are now on 18/6 light schedule vegging, and the leaves are going to town. They will look very very wierd at first, but will start looking normal as it grows out. They will be slow at first, there are lots of changes going in that plants system, so be patient. I have done this before and had a very healthy harvest.

Same here, once I had problem in flowering in a hydro setup and had to chop their tops of. I Rerooted them in soil and put them back on 18/6 then when I harvested I got 250g/plant dry. they looked like 8 foot tall christmas trees with half of the plant being their single terminal bud that weighed over 100g's dry. I had 4 plants.= 1 kilo 1 hps 1000 watt

I wouldn't do it on purpose only when shit happens it takes longer than normal but can work out well.

BTW the pruning of small flowering side shoots is a good idea. It will promote the mother to grow bigger buds that are left and if you clone them they aren't as slow to revert to veg as is the terminal buds but slower than a plant cloned while still in veg.

i want to clone my 7 week flowering bubblisious but don't want to stress it any more than I have removing leaves and branches that didn't have as big of buds as the others on top. So I am germinating a vegetation grow to get ready to put in the flowering tent when the bubblisious is harvested in about 4 weeks. My new grow will consist of 3 True OG seeds that came out of a oz I bought. And 13 Jamaican Blue Mountain Nine Mile landrace I saved from a bag that was grown by Rastafarians in Nine Mile. I am expecting about half of the Jamaica plants to be male and tossed. It will be also a surprise to see what happens with the OG plants. My profile pic shows the last Jamaican grow I did. They were stretchy and took a long time to mature. I now have the tent and powerful lighting and fertilizer so hoping I can do some bending this time and have a shorter flowering experience with thicker buds. I will try the cloning another time when the plants are best for this.

:peace:

this is my bubblisious 7.5 week in flower

Attachments

• 20181220_130514.jpg
    20181220_130514.jpg
    664.3 KB · Views: 1,836
A buddy of mine just got some clones but they look like they are budding already . The clones are about a foot and a half tall one branch . Is it possible to be flowering

Back
Top Bottom