Flowering Times

Flowering Times

• From the day you switch to 12/12

Votes: 34 66.7%
  • From the first sight of hairs

Votes: 17 33.3%

• Total voters
I consider the first week of 12/12 to be a transition week and not counted towards the flowering time. After a week of transition (sometimes a little longer, depending on the strain), tiny flowers start to form and I consider it to be the beginning of Week 1 of the bloom phase.

just my 2cents worth really quick..

those of you who count 12/12 as being your official 'flowering time'.. well, IMO your doing it wrong.. and it could cause you problems further into the grow/flowering cycle.

The correct way to do it.. is to consider your plant to NOT be in flowering.. until you see the first signs of sex from the plant. In other words, until the plant shows you its sex.. the plant is not in flowering.

Just because you switch the lights over to 12/12.. doesn't mean the plant is flowering.

IMO, you should NOT start consider the plant to be in its flowering cycle.. until the plant begins to actually flower/shows sex.

Just my opinion.. like I've said before, each grower has her/his own way of doing things. I'm simply just trying to help educate new growers.. and help them from making the same mistakes that I made when I first started growing.

peace.

I count from the day I flip the lights because it's more convienent because growing different strains the time to show flowers vary and it's hard keeping up with which shows flower and when...But I also let it go an extra 10 days give or take a few at the end to compensate for their transition period...

Wow I've never seen any strain take six weeks to show pistils....what strain are you growing? And the "hairs" only show if it's female... Other wise its "balls"...maybe im confused with what your saying? Unless your saying it takes 6 weeks to flower? And that's bad advice to someone asking flowering times...IMO the average flowering time is between 7-10weeks unless overly sativa-ish

he said flowering time dude 6-8 weeks from the pistols showing when you sex them since you know fucking everything dude thank you for commenting on all post thinking you know everything

Wow I've never seen any strain take six weeks to show pistils.

I have - but it had nothing to do with flowering, lol, it was six (maybe seven) weeks into vegetative. Just examine the plant around the eighth node for the first signs of sex.

Only flower males if you're looking for pollen. (Or because you didn't look at the plant close enough during vegetative.)

The natural way, letting it mature. But he wants to know when you count flowering is it when the pistols or balls show? I said once you know what sex it is keep it in 12/12 for 6-8 weeks but once you see the hairs or balls that day start counting down. Some people like to give them 36 hours of darkness before harvest because its makes the plant think its dying so it puts all its energy into producing thc, resin etc. like a last effort to do its function.

TS- that wouldn't be those ones you neglected for weeks would it? Lol I believe you said they didn't get nutes for a month and lived in too small containers

Exile- that I agree with brother

TS- that wouldn't be those ones you neglected for weeks would it? Lol I believe you said they didn't get nutes for a month and lived in too small containers

It would be most all of them. But, yeah, lol, the ones that were orphaned in little foam cups showed as well. I miss the poor little buggers. But... Spring is here, right?

Maybe my original question wasn't stated clear enough. I am not referring to how many weeks of flowering.

What I meant was:

Do you count the weeks of flowering from the day you flip to 12/12?

Or do you count the weeks of flowering from the first sight of hairs after you flip to 12/12? NOT referring to seeing pre-flowers.

I know all strains are different, just curious when people start counting the weeks.

Let's play nice guys. We are here to learn and share.

In my journeys I have come to learn that if ur going from seed, wait for them to show there sex be4 countdown. If u veg for a long period of time then obviously they will show there sex during veg and can start countdown as soon as u flip to 12/12.
If u veg for a short period in which they have not shown there sex, and are flipped to 12/12, u have to wait for them to show there sex during the flowering period.

From clone:
She has already shown her sex and can be transplanted to 12/12 as soon as roots are visible. Let the countdown begin! Hope this helps.

In my journeys I have come to learn that if ur going from seed, wait for them to show there sex be4 countdown. If u veg for a long period of time then obviously they will show there sex during veg and can start countdown as soon as u flip to 12/12.
If u veg for a short period in which they have not shown there sex, and are flipped to 12/12, u have to wait for them to show there sex during the flowering period.

From clone:
She has already shown her sex and can be transplanted to 12/12 as soon as roots are visible. Let the countdown begin! Hope this helps.

Ding ding ding correct

Back
Top Bottom